• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

We picked Minnesota for our annual baseball trip this year. Going in July. Any tips for stuff to do around the ballpark? We have an AirBNB in the Warehouse District not too far from the stadium.

I've heard great things about Target Field.

sad that it feels like the only time baseball is talked about is over racial slurs and petty stuff like this red sox-orioles feud.

Aaron Judge is getting a lot of run right now. Also, the Red Sox/Orioles stuff is interesting in IMO.

Aaron Judge is getting a lot of run right now. Also, the Red Sox/Orioles stuff is interesting in IMO.

The most important take in the Red Sox/O's stuff is that the unwritten rules of baseball are anachronistic, stupid and probably racist.

The most important take in the Red Sox/O's stuff is that the unwritten rules of baseball are anachronistic, stupid and probably racist.

Agree that some "unwritten rules" are stupid like throwing at Machado for a slow trot around the bases. On the other hand, it's good that the players police themselves. Machado spiked Pedroia and kept DP from playing the rest of the series in B'more. There is going to be retaliation, and there should be. BTW, its pretty much the same in every sport, if a player in a team sport injures an opponent with what is perceived as a dirty play, there will always be retaliation to discourage further dirty play. That said, the Red Sox f'd up, by throwing at Machado's head in Baltimore, and throwing at him again Boston when it should've been over.

Last night just showed how incompetent Sam Holbrook still is.

bexxx with 2 bombs tonight. dude's raking to start the year and playing a dec ss. what's wilmer flores up to ape tit?

Witnessed Strasburg hit an absolute bomb to center today

The game was a little boring but that was kinda cool

Good to see Kruk back in the booth for Phils broadcasts. Does anyone know why he was missing for awhile?

Good to see Kruk back in the booth for Phils broadcasts. Does anyone know why he was missing for awhile?

I believe he and Ben Davis are splitting time (unfortunately.)

Ms bats starting to come alive recently

has me all like

giphy.gif

Reds pounding the Giants in this series 27-5 and Billy Hamilton is having the best series of his life in two games so far: 6-10 (2 triples & a double) 2BB, 6R, 5 RBI, 4SB

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

If Hamilton doesnt get injured (big if) he could have 75- 80 steals this season. He's on pace for 90. No one has stolen 80 since 1988.

Last edited:
2nd inning of the 3rd game and Hamilton has already been on base twice and has another triple.

- Hamilton walks in the 5th, he has now been on base 12 times in the series. He then causes Cueto to balk trying to pick him off first, then he steals 3rd but gets tagged out sliding past the bag. He's easily the most exciting player in the league when he gets on base.

Last edited:
Also, Pete Rose was being interviewed while Billy Hamilton was on base and he asked Jim Day if he wanted to bet on Billy stealing 2nd base!

The Cubs and the Yankees set a new MLB record tonight. In the top of the 17th Austin Romine became the 44th combined strikeout in the game...and it's not over yet.

48 total strikeouts as the Yanks sweep 5-4 in 18 innings.

Last edited:
After this weekend the Phils will have played the Nats 12 times, and won't play them again until September.

Back