• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Players Tribune article by incoming freshman Tayvon Bowers

If you watched the QB1 series, CATHOLIC SCHOOL, Bishop McDevitt, was featured as the team prepared for the game. Rather comical the priest gave the team quite the pep talk. It brought back a few memories AND I specifically mentioned "you wouldn't understand if you didn't attend Catholic High School. Most of my post was about Bowers, a gentle giant, from modest beginnings, while the other QBs seemed to have it all in terms of material goods. I also mentioned his dad and how sad I felt. Finishing with "we have a lot to look forward to bringing Bowers to Wake."

These boards run off topic 80 percent of the time with sophomoric comments and insults. Besides the bigotry, sexism, insults, and all out harassment, there's plenty of knowledgeable people who seem to get caught up in ego jerking.

I believe people DO read the tags. Do away with them if they are meaningless. Religion and faith played an important role in Bowers upbringing as you see his family praying durin the episode. Not to mention our boys at wake who gather on the field before EVERY GAME in a circle of prayer (not all but some) and further take it to the endzone and kneel before their God.

Most of our players or committed or offered a scholarship to Wake almost always mention "they are blessed" which may mean they won the lotto, good fortune or are thanking God. If the tagger accuses someone of being molested by a priest, the tagger should post that in response to my post instead of some assinine tag. As you mention your problem with your Johnson, someone here may have had a problem with molestation by a priest or other pedophile.

After "molesting a cadaver" I chose to lower myself to the level of the idiot who thinks my post is either inappropriate or meaningless. Show your face and I will be happy to explain further. Contact the moderator and ban me for mentioning a priest giving a pep talk to a group of respectful well dressed team in a church during the QB1 show. I also thought the coach was a bit of a jerk. My opinion just like everyone else here.

Mentioning Claw is a devout Catholic doesn't seem so bad does it? Hatch would agree too. Sorry you have some issues that I cannot relate to. I certainly won't tag you as some washed up limp biscuit.

Ps: I ain't a bro. im a woman and have no problem sitting in my kitchen baking cookies bro. You can talk trash to me all day. I raised all boys and nothing phases me.

Let's be clear - the Johnson juice is to get two pumps from the pistol. But original point remains - just ignore the tags. It is easy to do. If I looked at every tag with jaybone in it, I'd probably be really really amused, but still, my eyes just don't go there and I recommend you do the same. It gets surly and foul.

And I wasn't intentionally trash talking, I have just seen a trend of folks who bring up religion getting slammed. There is an issue board and a politics board you can access to post non Wake sports stuff (http://www.ogboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/4-The-Pit) and despite Wake being a university with more Christian alumns than the standard college, folks tend to get slammed who get into it on the sports side.

Just an FYI, not trash. And I stand by firm belief that all sex with spouse jokes play pretty stale. And I can't relate. See pot oil for reference.

Shouldn't we not rustle jimmies of a players parent? I dunno but to me, it kind of seems like it falls under the don't be a d-bag ruling.

Meh we have been through this before, I don't think any special treatment is warranted. So if you post dumb as shit things you get the normal board response. Your treatment could range from tsy and 94 to RJ and BKF level.

I don't keep track of who is who so I obviously didn't know or I wouldn't have referenced her dudery when she ain't a he but a she. Regardless, I personally think we should be civil with everyone regardless of if they are a parent or not.

Can't wait for Bowers to get on campus and get on with the next chapter of his life and meet his new brothers. Guys like Bowers are likely great for the team even if they don't contribute on the field for years.

I don't really recall much excitement over this commitment last year but that was a very moving article. Glad to hear that his recovery is ahead of schedule. There are certainly some talented QBs either in the program or coming into the program so it will be interesting to see if he can ever crack the starting line-up at QB during his career at Wake. Best of luck to Bowers!

Back