• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baseball - Clemson - Horrid officials

socaldeac

Reaction score
Three blown calls against Deacs. Wake player safe on first, safe on third and safe at home all called out. Game currently tied at 7 in 9th. Horrid officiating.

Wake loses on strike three pitch down the middle of the plate called a ball to walk in the winning run. It would have ended the inning.

meh. They were awfully inconsistent, but we only have ourselves to blame for that debacle

BKF bat signal.[/QUOTE

LOL. I'm getting used to it by now. It's what losers do. Winners find a way to win and losers find an excuse to lose. And WF fans have few peers when it comes to finding excuses. They've had decades of experience at doing it.

Last edited:
Game 2 - More horrid umpiring....

Inning three - Umpire blows call at 3rd base - player interference and first base Clemson player clearly out on ground ball. Instead of exiting the inning 0-0. The score is 2-0 Clemson. Terrible Refs.

Game 2 - More horrid umpiring....

Inning three - Umpire blows call at 3rd base - player interference and first base Clemson player clearly out on ground ball. Instead of exiting the inning 0-0. The score is 2-0 Clemson. Terrible Refs.

That would be umps.....terrible umps that caused the 11-0 loss. Now if it was basketball, it would be terrible officials that caused the 88-59 loss.

That would be umps.....terrible umps that caused the 11-0 loss. Now if it was basketball, it would be terrible officials that caused the 88-59 loss.

Pretty sure "officials" works as a generic for all sports. You could say you officiate baseball right?

I umpire baseball. I'd say generic officials is fine. Don't think I'd ever say officiate a baseball game though. We usually say call a game.

I umpire baseball. I'd say generic officials is fine. Don't think I'd ever say officiate a baseball game though. We usually say call a game.

Exactly. Call a game is pretty much any sport, anywhere. But it is umping baseball and reffing or officiating basketball & football. Don't know what the boys on the pitch say, but I would think soccer falls in there also with lacrosse and volleyball . Go behind the dish is baseball. White hat is football for the head referee. Referee & 2 umpires [U1/U2] is basketball but they are all pretty much equal one time the game starts. College football has started using 8 officials about 2 years ago. The D league is experimenting with 4 & 5 man officiating crews in some of their games and will also use both again in the summer league and give the stats/fact finding to the NBA.

Umpires or officials?

Umpire is a noun and refers to a person who stays approximately in one place, as in baseball calls balls and stricks. Referees (verb ) relates to performing a function of some office as a umpire or referee. In football officials are commonly, but incorrectly called referees, but each position has specific duties and names : referee, umpire, head linesman, line judge, center judge, and field judge.

Back