• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wake hoops next season

Traded all our socks for guns apparently.

I hope Coach Horn is very happy at Wake.

Doral can fall back on the WWE if basketball doesn't work out. Damn!

It would be even better if the jacked comes with more stamina so he can play effectively for more than a few minutes.

I doubt he's skipping leg day. I'm wondering what's causing such a dramatic change this off-season vs last. I'm imagining it's primarily work ethic on his end, plus perhaps an increased focus from the coaches and S&C team.

Hopefully, every time he brings his hands down below his shoulders, either with the ball or on defense, he has to run gassers. Ingrain it into his mind.

I doubt he's skipping leg day. I'm wondering what's causing such a dramatic change this off-season vs last. I'm imagining it's primarily work ethic on his end, plus perhaps an increased focus from the coaches and S&C team.

Hopefully, every time he brings his hands down below his shoulders, either with the ball or on defense, he has to run gassers. Ingrain it into his mind.

Maybe he needs to take up swimming, so that he has to keep putting his arms over his head or drown.

Maybe seeing JC work hard and about to be drafted in the mid first round sparked Doral a bit. That is great work! Love seeing that!

Maybe seeing JC work hard and about to be drafted in the mid first round sparked Doral a bit. That is great work! Love seeing that!

That's my guess. Moore came in as the higher rated recruit, but saw first hand the benefits of working your arse off.

That's my guess. Moore came in as the higher rated recruit, but saw first hand the benefits of working your arse off.

Seeing JC about to get paid for working hard may be a pretty good motivator. JC gonna be holding a million dollar plus contract in a few weeks.

But for real, your work ethic and sense of responsibility improve immensely when you realize you're next up. Being alternate is a comfortable position.

But for real, your work ethic and sense of responsibility improve immensely when you realize you're next up and two guys may pass you. Being alternate is a comfortable position.

Addendum.

Hopefully Dinos is working extensively on his shooting as well. It would be nice to have the effective outside shooting Dinos back next year.

I think Dinos will have a great year in the post next season. I thought he did pretty well last year down low considering it was new territory for him. He will benefit from an extra year of physical maturity, another off-season working with Manning, the void left by JC, and the departure of a lot of other quality ACC bigs.

We have plenty of outside shooting options next season. I think we'll need Dinos more in the paint.

I think Dinos will have a great year in the post next season. I thought he did pretty well last year down low considering it was new territory for him. He will benefit from an extra year of physical maturity, another off-season working with Manning, the void left by JC, and the departure of a lot of other quality ACC bigs.

We have plenty of outside shooting options next season. I think we'll need Dinos more in the paint.

It still would be another weapon to have a Dinos pick n pop in addition to the pick n roll. Would make life very difficult for opposing defenses.

It still would be another weapon to have a Dinos pick n pop in addition to the pick n roll. Would make life very difficult for opposing defenses.

no doubt, I just think he would be better suited for low post scoring, drawing fouls (good FT%), offensive rebounding and utilizing his passing skills (better than JC) from the low post to find open outside shooters like BC, Woods, Brown, Chill, Mitch. I don't think Moore/SJM/Sarr will be enough of an offensive threat to provide scoring or provide opportunities for others to score.

Plus with the attrition of other quality big men Dinos in the paint should be an advantage against many ACC opponents. I believe he is top 5 returning RPG in ACC. I also think Dinos is better suited as a low post defender as he struggles with dribble drives from the wing.

Back