• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wake hoops next season

this is probably buried in someone else's thread, but posted today 4/24/17:

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas...one-can-wake-forest-maintain-relative-success

Interesting quote from the article. When you read this, it sounds like Wellman is not the AD any more.

[Redacted] was (and remains) well-respected within coaching circles but had been only modestly successful as a head coach at Colorado when then-athletic director Ron Wellman chose him to replace Gaudio.

Interesting quote from the article. When you read this, it sounds like Wellman is not the AD any more.

[name redacted] was (and remains) well-respected within coaching circles but had been only modestly successful as a head coach at Colorado when then-athletic director Ron Wellman chose him to replace Gaudio.

Wellman will be forgiven. Pretty sure he's going down with the best football coach we've ever had. Manning is on the upside. Olympic sports are killing it. Facilities are going beyond all expectations. I'd say his biggest fuck up is going to be way in the rear view mirror when he hangs it up.

Wellman is responsible for hiring arguably two of the three top football coaches at Wake, in Grobe and Clawson.

He also hired one of Wake's most beloved BB coaches in Skip Prosser. He did have a real clunker in BB as well.
The level of success achieved by Danny Manning will have a significant bearing on Wellman's historical reputation for hiring coaches.

[Redacted] was (and remains) well-respected within coaching circles but had been only modestly successful as a head coach at Colorado when then-athletic director Ron Wellman chose him to replace Gaudio.

I like the sound of that.

Writer completely mixed up the two NCAA teams under Dino. The team that went from number 1 in the country was a 4 seed that was bounced in the first round. The 9 seed year was when we lost to Kentucky in the 2nd round. But I agree with the part of our defense. Our perimeter d was killed off the bounce. Guards and wings have to do better. I really hope Brown can be a solid perimeter defender.

If this is the "next season" thread:

Reactions: Ayo

Good move to bulk Doral up. You're not going to mess up his touch by lifting weights. The goal should be to get him large enough that defenders bounce off him so he can go straight up and dunk.

Back