• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will average the most minutes next year out of our centers?

Who averages the most minutes at the 5 next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
There's been discussion recently about who will develop and play the most minutes at the 5 out of Sarr, SJM, and Moore.

Who ya got?

latest

Do-Mo has been working his ass off. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his skills will catch up to his body and he'll be productive for us next year. I see him as 8ppg, 6rpg and 2bpg averages.

Minute distribution at the 5: Doral- 14 SJM - 10 Dinos - 10 Sarr- 6

I said SJM, but I really hope Doral makes a huge leap and it turns out to be him. SJM looked better on defense, with a more limited offensive game so far, but I expect that to change. While Moore is fun to watch on lobs, he has huge flaws/holes in his game that I am skeptical about. Too many bad fouls, no sign of a consistent shot other than a dunk. I think our best chance is for SJM to make the expected improvement, start, and for Moore to play solid minutes as a backup and effective rim protector. I expect very little from Sarr this year.

C-Dinos backed up by Sunday Okeke, then Sam
BF-Saar
SF-Brown
SG-Crawford
PG-Woods

It's gonna be a committee approach at the 5. Dinos is going to be on the floor as much as his body and foul situation allow. Some of his time will be at the five, the rest as a four. I think Doral gets about four 4 minutes chunks of time, two in each half, for a total of aoubt 15-16 min average. Sam has the mass and has had a taste of ACC BB, so he'll get the next most minutes by season's end. I expect Sarr to see as many minutes as possible in the early season, so everyone can see what he can do. My feeling is that he is too light to play effectively against ACC centers this year. But give him a year or two of growth and strength and conditioning work.

Moore after another offseason at the Manning Big Man Camp. His minutes will vary depending on matchups.

EgPh3G.gif

Last edited:
SJM had 5 field goals last year and didn't score a point in our last 22 games. I like his potential but if he's starting next year we'll probably be ungood.

Doral should improve a decent amount just by having a game plan geared towards his strengths instead of Collins since they're almost opposite post players. A number of his faults last year were very correctable - decision making, positioning, etc. He also looked like he was trying too hard at times as Collins became dominant and drastically limited his minutes. I think he'll start and we'll see Dinos as the big man in a lot of small lineups. My guess would be Sarr and SJM would split backup minutes but who knows what to expect out of Sarr. There's hardly any info or film on him. Wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a transfer big that gets more minutes than either SJM or Sarr.

BF-Saar
SF-Brown
SG-Crawford
PG-Woods
Is there a reason for people playing out of position?

If not, a couple things:
1. Sarr would play C and Dinos PF in the above scenario.

2. Sunday might develop into a role eventually but he's got a ways to go as of right now. He'll not be getting any meaningful minutes next year absent some crazy development rate.

3. B Craw is the PG and Woods the SG in your scenario.

Last edited:
Moore as much as he regressed last year is the only one who has shown flashes of real acc caliber post play.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BF-Saar
SF-Brown
SG-Crawford
PG-Woods

WOW...how can anyone get this much wrong? Bryant has been our starting POINT GUARD for two years. In what possible world would be the SG? Dinos takes threes and does pick and pop. That's a PF.

Sam seems to be a sponge. It looks like you only have to tell him how to do something once and he gets it. After going back to England, last year was effectively his senior year in HS. He could make a big jump this year.

Let's hope the light goes on for Doral.

I think Dinos will play more minutes at the 5 than anyone else on our team. I hope that's because we have a decent option at the 4 and not because other guys aren't ready

Unless something changes dramatically, Dinos is not a 5. Never has been.

Unless something changes dramatically, Dinos is not a 5. Never has been.

Something like the game of basketball? Or now being the only player taller than 6'4 capable of playing more than 15 competent minutes a game.

We are going to see a lot of Dinos at stretch 5 next year and he's going to be awesome. Ideally SJM/Doral/Sarr can pick up 30 minutes a game but unless Sarr comes in ready to contribute I don't see that happening.

Something like the game of basketball? Or now being the only player taller than 6'4 capable of playing more than 15 competent minutes a game.

We are going to see a lot of Dinos at stretch 5 next year and he's going to be awesome. Ideally SJM/Doral/Sarr can pick up 30 minutes a game but unless Sarr comes in ready to contribute I don't see that happening.

as of the roster right now, who do you foresee playing 4 when Dino isn't?

We will get absolutely murdered on the boards if Dinos is our big on the court. The only way it could work and Wake win games is if Donovan makes a quantum leap.

Doral will answer the call at center because Manning will give him the time, the opportunity and his confidence. SJM will continue to progress and be a decent back up, improving as the year progresses. Dinos will step up at the four by finishing at the hoop rather fumble away his opportunities and shoot the three with confidence. Sarr will earn his minutes behind Dinos because of his defense.

Donovan showed a lot of athleticism that could translate from what little I've seen of him so who knows. He seems very coordinated with a good body for the four. He's a big question mark I don't think anyone outside the staff really knows about at this point. I hope Washington can contribute some at the 2/3 this year but he may be another year out - which given the current college basketball landscape I couldn't see him being okay with riding the pine all year again and staying another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back