• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will average the most minutes next year out of our centers?

Who averages the most minutes at the 5 next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i don't know, I went with Sarr. I think Danny will like his athleticism and defense (closing on shooters) above the other two. Dinos is not the most athletic, and could play some C. Therefor Sarr may get some looks at PF, more so than the other two. having said that, if Dinos stays at PF, then i am not sure who will get more minutes.

Maybe SJM does have a better back to the basket game. I was at a party the night of the Xavier game so I missed 3 of his 5 FGs on the year.

Ah... So that's the disconnect! Those 3 baskets were sublime... Was almost as if Pete Newell himself reached down from heaven and blessed SJM's feet.

Though, in all seriousness, it would be hard not to have a better back to the basket game than Moore showed most of his sophomore season.

i think a lot of it is wishful thinking in that doral looked really bad last year and people are hoping for a big SJM frosh to soph jump that doral didn't make.

i think the number one thing holding SJM back his freshman year was his body and conditioning. he does seem to be attached to ryan horn's hip in his instagram offseason workout pics/vids.

i agree though that we don't really know at all, total wild card. best case scenario would probably be sarr being a quick learner/better than expected and becoming the unexpected starter midway through the year, but that's hoping to be lucky.

Ah... So that's the disconnect! Those 3 baskets were sublime... Was almost as if Pete Newell himself reached down from heaven and blessed SJM's feet.

Though, in all seriousness, it would be hard not to have a better back to the basket game than Moore showed most of his sophomore season.

I don't think it's even remotely a secret that SJM is a lot more coordinated than Moore. That, his pick and roll defense, and his ability to set screens very effectively (especially without losing a couple possessions a game to a moving screen) are my main reasons why I see SJM being a bigger contributor than Moore next year. Coordination for a big man is incredibly important. SJM has it and Moore is pretty lacking in that category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels like a very close margin between SJM and Moore. As in one will average 24.5 MPG and the other will average 23.7

SJM passes the looks normal running eye test though. Doral doesn't. Sam can also stand up straight for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Doral's proportions and movement just look unnatural (in a bad way), he has zero confidence, and is weaker than he looks. The last two are fixable, I'm not sure the first two are.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from him or SJM next year.

Last edited:
SJM passes the looks normal running eye test though.

I don't disagree, but that is a hilariously low bar to set when you actually think about it.

"One of the tools in this guy's skillset is that he looks somewhat like a normal human being when he runs."

I have actually seen Moore produce and be a significant factor in an ACC game. Because of that I think it is more likely that he recovers from his soph slump than SJM makes a meteoric rise from his freshman level play.

I don't disagree, but that is a hilariously low bar to set when you actually think about it.

"One of the tools in this guy's skillset is that he looks somewhat like a normal human being when he runs."

It's an important, and relatively rare, skill set for a 7-footer. If you are 7 feet tall and can move like a normal human being you probably have like a 25% chance of playing in the NBA.

wilt-chamberlain-running-in-a-high-school-track-meet-in-1954.jpg

I have actually seen Moore produce and be a significant factor in an ACC game. Because of that I think it is more likely that he recovers from his soph slump than SJM makes a meteoric rise from his freshman level play.

Moore had a good Fr. year and a terrible Soph year because once teams learned to defend him solely as a lob dunker, he was toast. Also to put this as nicely as I can, he seems a step slow picking up offensive plays and seems to always be a second or 2 late in deciding what to do with the ball once he gets it in the post. He looked totally confused and physically worn out from the stress of having to think so hard what to do on the court after just a few minutes (he grabs his shorts more after 2 minutes than any player I can remember), now maybe some of that was his lack of playing time but it also could be something else too. There is a reason he hardly played his senior year at Monteverde, we just don't know for sure why that was and I think anything we get from him will be a surprise and a bonus, JMO

WOW...how can anyone get this much wrong? Bryant has been our starting POINT GUARD for two years. In what possible world would be the SG? Dinos takes threes and does pick and pop. That's a PF.

Sam seems to be a sponge. It looks like you only have to tell him how to do something once and he gets it. After going back to England, last year was effectively his senior year in HS. He could make a big jump this year.

Let's hope the light goes on for Doral.

RJ, what games have you been watching last year with Dinos? He came in as a PF but has put the weight & strength on and has been in the post. His game has not been taking that many 3's as of late--he has been more inside. Dinos was 2nd on the team with 202 rebounds and nobody else was close to him. And yes, Craw does have the ball in his hands a lot but his turnover ratio is too much [76 total to's] for a true point so he is better at the swing, plus driving to the hole. Let Woods run the show. If you noticed, several of the games towards the end, Craw was not in when he was in his turnover extravaganzas. We need him making the basic plays in crunch time and regular layups, not the behind-the-back passes out of bounds. Best part is we now have 4 really good guards for the 2 spots who can all run the show AND shoot FT's!

I hope Sam does make a huge jump this year--we need him, but he, like the other frosh didn't play at all last year except for Brandon. It is hard to know what to expect out of Sam, Washington & Mitchell? But I am expecting bit things out of Brown, Saar & Eggleston. And actually Okeke--he is the unsung preferred walk-on that is going to be really good! Moore--he has to develop stamina and the propensity not to foul. He swats down on every shot trying to block it instead of standing tall & using his natural height & wing span.

RJ, what games have you been watching last year with Dinos? He came in as a PF but has put the weight & strength on and has been in the post. His game has not been taking that many 3's as of late--he has been more inside. Dinos was 2nd on the team with 202 rebounds and nobody else was close to him. And yes, Craw does have the ball in his hands a lot but his turnover ratio is too much [76 total to's] for a true point so he is better at the swing, plus driving to the hole. Let Woods run the show. If you noticed, several of the games towards the end, Craw was not in when he was in his turnover extravaganzas. We need him making the basic plays in crunch time and regular layups, not the behind-the-back passes out of bounds. Best part is we now have 4 really good guards for the 2 spots who can all run the show AND shoot FT's!

I hope Sam does make a huge jump this year--we need him, but he, like the other frosh didn't play at all last year except for Brandon. It is hard to know what to expect out of Sam, Washington & Mitchell? But I am expecting bit things out of Brown, Saar & Eggleston. And actually Okeke--he is the unsung preferred walk-on that is going to be really good! Moore--he has to develop stamina and the propensity not to foul. He swats down on every shot trying to block it instead of standing tall & using his natural height & wing span.

Dinos played inside more this year than in the past, but he rarely covered a center.

Craw's A/TO ration was much, much better than Woods'. Woods rarely handled the ball, yet had 75% as many TOs as Craw. Add to that, Woods is knock down 3pt shooter and should be spotting up not handling the ball. There is no reasonable logic that would take the ball out of Craw's hands and put it into Woods

For all the talk about offense and hedging, we really need rim protection. Whoever does that the best should start in my opinion.

Had to bump this given all of the discussion on the recruiting thread about Moore.

*Worth noting that all posts on this thread before this one were made without the knowledge that Dinos was leaving, too.

Had to bump this given all of the discussion on the recruiting thread about Moore.

*Worth noting that all posts on this thread before this one were made without the knowledge that Dinos was leaving, too.
And before the knife incident.

And before the announcement that Jamie Skeen was transferring back to Wake for his senior year

Back