• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

THE OFFICIAL 2017 OGBOARDS FUNDRAISER

cookoutdeac

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen of ogboards.com,

As you know, in January 2012, February of 2013, and sometime in 2015, we launched our 3 previous fundraising campaigns. The support was overwhelming as the posters of this site generously donated enough in the 2 most recent campaigns to keep us afloat for 2+ years! Our current operational costs are $1640 per year, made in 4 quarterly payments. As of the last payment for the upcoming quarter, our coffers are once again dry.

Here’s where we need your help. We obviously know that not every poster will donate, but we hope many of you will contribute. Like PBS we are member supported from Posters Like You. There is no obligation to give and the amount any individual poster gives or doesn’t give will not be public information at any time. This is a strictly voluntary contribution to help defray our hosting costs. We have purposely chosen to refrain from putting advertisements on the site, and we’d prefer to keep this a place built by and supported by WFU fans. If you enjoy the features of the message board and product we are offering, we ask that you help us keep it going. This is not ogboards going public. You will not obtain an ownership stake in the boards for giving, nor will you gain any special benefits or decision-making power aside from being able to select a custom title. We will not treat posters differently or grant them increased leniency in our moderating decisions on account of a contribution.

OGBoards currently has roughly 5,000 members, and just under 2,000 of those are active posters. During our previous campaign, a total of 99 posters contributed something from as little as $5 up to $250 (with an average of $35). We raised a total of $3,463.03 dollars. Which was an amazing effort.

We have a PayPal account at ogbpitboss(at)gmail.com (directs to tsy's RiversideBBQ catering account), which you can access to contribute. You are also welcome to mail a physical check if you do not use paypal, PM tsywake for the address. If you do choose to give, we recommend a contribution somewhere between $20-$50. You can give more, you can give less, or you can give not at all. Follow your hearts. You will not receive any special benefit apart from a custom title by contributing (see fundraising perks below for complete list). If you do try to extort any special treatment, or pull the "I'm an owner of this board now" card, we reserve the right to out your weaselly ways to the entire community.

When you submit the payment, please include your username so we know who to attribute the Thank You. As an added incentive, if you are an alum, please indicate your year along with your username for a friendly year/decade competition.

If you have any problems working with paypal, please let tsywake or myself know via PM. We deeply appreciate any money you choose to give.

Go Deacs!

DONATION REWARDS/INCENTIVES:

Any donation > $10 by a poster will give you the ability to set a custom title for yourself.

Any donation >= $100 I will let that poster change my avatar (cookoutdeac) for 1 week to something of their choosing (must be SFW).

And for the big kicker, if we hit our stretch goal of $4k raised, ALL of Moonz's parodies (fine print: except for just one of his choosing) will be banned forever and he will no longer be able to create any more. Yes, you read that right. We could have a boards free of Moonz parodies.

TLDR on donation details:

You can donate via paypal to ogbpitboss@gmail.com (goes to tsy's account)

You can donate via check/mail by mailing a check to tsy directly. PM either him (tsywake) or myself for that mailing information.

That's a hell of a kicker.

Edit: What's the time frame we're looking at?

Last edited:
I'll defintely contribute. The moonz kicker is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any deadline? I'm in Kauai for another couple of weeks and would prefer to wait until we get back

Is gaybone one of his parodies cuz that's pretty much the only good one aside from boobknight when BKF is being particularly ornery? I say $3,500 he gets to keep one of his choosing, but $4K he gets none, but the "bone" stays.

I should be in for $50 next payday, but I may contribute more if we can guarantee to purge the board of any and all moonz parodies, or moonz himself.

I like gaybone too - hoping he chooses that one. IN

Edit to add that I am not sure how to donate. Can you ping me a paypal or something? I'm also hip with the kids so Venmo works as well.

I like gaybone too - hoping he chooses that one. IN

Edit to add that I am not sure how to donate. Can you ping me a paypal or something? I'm also hip with the kids so Venmo works as well.

The PayPal account is in the OP.

Back