• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Berry vs Crawford

I haven't though. Paul had more potential and obviously became a better player but he wasn't a better college player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose we can't get a fair verdict here since we're both super biased, but I find it very hard to believe a majority -- or even let's say 20% -- of neutral observers would back this claim. Again, biased, but this strikes me as one of the dumbest arguments put forth on these boards.

Paul's court vision was amazeballs. He produced. And he won, with a team that turned into a bunch of donkeys the second he left

Last edited:
I think if you asked Chris he would tell you he'd trade college careers with Felton.

Everyone please remember this is a guy that supports a school that cheated repeatedly cheated for 15+ years and are so delusional they believe they are innocent. They are as dillusional as State fans and that is saying something!

Also keep in mind that they are defending NCAA champs with their starting PG returning, a lot of talent plus a ton of top signees. So yes, it looks to me like another Final Four is brewing, at least on paper.

Top signees? They have 2- 4* and 3- 3* while we have 2- 4* and a 3*. Also (assuming Bradley stays in the draft) they return less than 36ppg (or 43%) 14.2rebpg (or 32%) 13,9apg (or 72%). Now unless Luke Maye becomes Hansblow and Seventh Woods becomes Phil Ford, they won't be going to no final four next year.

I suppose we can't get a fair verdict here since we're both super biased, but I find it very hard to believe a majority -- or even let's say 20% -- of neutral observers would back this claim. Again, biased, but this strikes me as one of the dumbest arguments put forth on these boards.

Paul's court vision was amazeballs. He produced. And he won, with a team that turned into a bunch of donkeys the second he left

Look, I'm not shitting on Paul. He got Reyshawn Terry a UNC scholarship. He didn't accomplish anything of note during his college career though.

Joel Berry is a better college player than Markelle Fultz. It doesn't mean he's a better basketball player though.

You cannot be serious that Felton was a better college player than Paul, he won because he had more talent around him, that doesn't make him a better college player. Is Theo Pinson a better college player than say Sindarius Thornwell because Pinson won a national title and Thornwell didn't? I mean come on with that argument.

Look, I'm not shitting on Paul. He got Reyshawn Terry a UNC scholarship. He didn't accomplish anything of note during his college career though.

Joel Berry is a better college player than Markelle Fultz. It doesn't mean he's a better basketball player though.

In his first year, Chris Paul was the ACC FOY. WF went to the Sweet 16 (only time since Duncan left which now spans more than 20 seasons) losing to the #1 team in the country (undefeated St. Joe's).

Paul's sophomore year. WF was #1 in the nation for two weeks; WF finished the year 27-6 (13-3), which remains WF's most wins ever in one season and most regular season ACC wins in a season. WF was a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Chris Paul was a first team all-American. Don't agree with your definition of "not accomplishing anything" during his college career. Guess no WF player has ever accomplished anything at WF since Duncan left, and not sure if even Duncan would meet your vague definition of "accomplishing something".

FWIW, Kevin Durant was the national POY as a freshman at Texas. His one year in college Texas was upset in the 2nd round of the NCAAs despite 30 and 9 from Durant. Did he accomplish nothing in college too?

In his first year, Chris Paul was the ACC FOY. WF went to the Sweet 16 (only time since Duncan left which now spans more than 20 seasons) losing to the #1 team in the country (undefeated St. Joe's).

Paul's sophomore year. WF was #1 in the nation for two weeks; WF finished the year 27-6 (13-3), which remains WF's most wins ever in one season and most regular season ACC wins in a season. WF was a #2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Chris Paul was a first team all-American. Don't agree with your definition of "not accomplishing anything" during his college career. Guess no WF player has ever accomplished anything at WF since Duncan left, and not sure if even Duncan would meet your vague definition of "accomplishing something".

FWIW, Kevin Durant was the national POY as a freshman at Texas. His one year in college Texas was upset in the 2nd round of the NCAAs despite 30 and 9 from Durant. Did he accomplish nothing in college too?

You can't compare Paul to Durant. Durant was clearly the best college player or 1b to Oden. He was a revelation.

And no, I don't consider a Sweet 16 as some great accomplishment, just as I don't consider the Clippers consistently getting bounced in the first round as helping Paul's resume.

This is such an awful, 2&2-style argument. That UNC team was ungodly stacked and Felton did not do enough to stand out as far and away the best player.

What exactly was Felton better at than Paul in college? Besides getting tons of help from May, McCants, Williams1, Williams2, et al.

I'd be willing to go along with Felton having a better college career, but that is a FAAAAARRRRR different argument than saying RayRay was a better college player

Nice job glossing over most wins ever in a season, most ACC wins in a season, ACC FOY and 1st team All-American awards.

In the 100+ years that WF has been playing basketball or in the 78 years that an NCAA tournament has been held, WF has made it to the Sweet 16 nine times. 9. Once in the last 20 years.

So, given that history, reaching the Sweet 16 is an accomplishment.

Nice job glossing over most wins ever in a season, most ACC wins in a season, ACC FOY and 1st team All-American awards.

In the 100+ years that WF has been playing basketball or in the 78 years that an NCAA tournament has been held, WF has made it to the Sweet 16 nine times. 9. Once in the last 20 years.

So, given that history, reaching the Sweet 16 is an accomplishment.

That's fine if you're arguing he's one of the best Wake players of all time. To other schools your metrics are yearly things.

If JManslow isn't trolling, he sure making it look that way. Felton couldn't hold CP3's jock in college or the pros. Other than eat, there's nothing Felton has ever been able to do as well as CP3

Typical haughty UNC fan.

Take the L and move along. And GFY.

If JManslow isn't trolling, he sure making it look that way. Felton couldn't hold CP3's jock in college or the pros. Other than eat, there's nothing Felton has ever been able to do as well as CP3

Is this one of your jokes that no one else gets?

Chris Paul didn't play with Reyshawn Terry. He played against him and CP3's senior year kicked RJ Reynold's butts in the conference tourney final.

Yeah, not sure where Manslow was going with that one. Further proof he remembers who won the national title in 2005 but little else from that time period.

Not sure if it was the tourney final or not but I saw CP3 and Terry play at the Annex his senior year. Paul was unbelievable and had to have gone for at least 60. Terry was just a guy

Chris Paul didn't play with Reyshawn Terry. He played against him and CP3's senior year kicked RJ Reynold's butts in the conference tourney final.

They played on an all star or AAU team together late in the year. I went to Reynolds and vividly remember Paul holding the ball and four cornering RJR by himself.

Back