• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

W/S Journal, Dan Collins article today said JC has worked out this week for the Sacramento Kings who have both the #5 & #10 picks. Plus he did very well according to his agent. Hopefully a good surprise high lottery pick is in for JC tonight!

Man. I'd be all for the Spurs trading LMA back to Portland for that #15 pick to get Collins. Could be like pulling off the Kawhi trade again.

Uhhh...

nice ph. the only thing now is back then it looked like a very strong possibility that JC would be there at 15 and now i'm not so sure.

These draft trades happen once SAS knows the player they want is available at that pick, right?

Goddammit, JC, don't make me into a Spurs donk.

Replace "cookies" with championships.

JC following the legacy of the greatest Deac of all time. We'll find out in a few hours.

No sense doing this half-assed. Trade LMA to Portland for Farouq; Portland sends Evan Turner to the Heat and the Heat does a sign and trade to send James Johnson to the Spurs.

The Spurs waive and extend Tony. This gives them enough money to sign CP3.

Their new line-up becomes:

G- CP3
G- Kawhi
C- Pau
F- Farouq
F- JJ

6th Man - JC

Not enough cap room for JT...but maybe they can trade Murray, Charles and SloMo and pick up Ish at $6M :)

No sense doing this half-assed. Trade LMA to Portland for Farouq; Portland sends Evan Turner to the Heat and the Heat does a sign and trade to send James Johnson to the Spurs.

The Spurs waive and extend Tony. This gives them enough money to sign CP3.

Their new line-up becomes:

G- CP3
G- Kawhi
C- Pau
F- Farouq
F- JJ

6th Man - JC

Haha. The San Antonio Demon Deacons

Kings
Heat
Hornets
Pistons
Nuggets
Pacers
Blazers

(There may be a couple others)

Is the fact that he hasn't worked out for the Spurs a red flag? Or no, since they assumed he'd be off the board by the time they picked?

Is the fact that he hasn't worked out for the Spurs a red flag? Or no, since they assumed he'd be off the board by the time they picked?

I believe they were at his open workout(s), so I doubt it's that much of a red flag.

Back