• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

So what are the odds that one of the ESPN donks uses Collins' pick, wherever it ends up, as an excuse to take potshots at MSD?

jay bilas is their main draft tv guy and his son is on the team. he'll at least be kind.

So what are the odds that one of the ESPN donks uses Collins' pick, wherever it ends up, as an excuse to take potshots at MSD?

The worst was the 2003 draft when Dickie V railed about kids going straight out of HS (Travis Outlaw, Ndudi Ebi, and Kendrick Perkins) during Josh Howard's highlight package.

I'm thinking MAH BULLS get him.

Hoping it's a team that has sweet alternates so I can get some cool swag.

lol my bad. I don't read the NBA threads that much.

A lot of people said the Heat too. No biggie.

How about no spoilers for picks but spoilers for trades?

Update from ESPN:
What He Brings
Collins was one of the most efficient low-post players in college basketball. He's a good athlete, rebounder and shot-blocker with a soft touch around the basket. And he's only 19 years old. Teams want to see him increase his range on his jump shot, but the rest of the tools are there. -- Chad Ford

How He Fits
With Dwight Howard gone and Paul Millsap likely to follow as a free agent this summer, the Hawks needed size. Collins can play both the 4 and the 5. He's a good rebounder, a solid shot blocker and he has an emerging perimeter game. He's also the youngest sophomore in the draft. There's good value here at No. 19. -- Chad Ford

Back