• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

This looks like a new mock draft - #18 to Pacers

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/24/nba-mock-draft-lonzo-ball-markelle-fultz-debate-celtics-lakers

"The Pacers are in the Pistons category: there are enough bigger, scarier existential questions to make this pick a secondary concern. Given the confusion about the future with or without Paul George, let's give them John Collins, probably the most productive and skilled power forward in the draft. He can't really stretch the floor at this point, but that's OK, because he's awesome."

They have Kings picking 3rd not the Sixers.

The last thing the Sixers need is to get more picks. You can only re-sign so many players. Plus, there's no way Donovan Mitchell should be a Top 10 pick. He's too small to be a SG, can't handle the ball well enough to be a PG nor is he quick enough to be a PG.

If Makannen is falling that much, the Spurs will do a Kawhi-like trade and get him.

some of these mock drafts are great.

one had the spurs taking a pg in the first and second round.

Yeah. I saw that. This looks like a deep draft and the Spurs need cheap talent who can play. Maybe go PG if Parker is done and Murray is the starter. Otherwise no way.

That's a good write up. He could be scary good come October given how much his game improved from last November to March. I think the article did a better job than most talking about how he fits into the current NBA. If he commits to playing D even if he's an average defender, he'll be a huge asset to a playoff caliber team where he's projected. He could elevate Miami to a contender in the East.

The last thing the Sixers need is to get more picks. You can only re-sign so many players. Plus, there's no way Donovan Mitchell should be a Top 10 pick. He's too small to be a SG, can't handle the ball well enough to be a PG nor is he quick enough to be a PG.

If Makannen is falling that much, the Spurs will do a Kawhi-like trade and get him.

Get the PG you want at 5, flip 10 for a mid 1st and maybe a first next year? Not that crazy. #Assets

That's smart if they think the guy they want will drop.

Get the PG you want at 5, flip 10 for a mid 1st and maybe a first next year? Not that crazy. #Assets

You don't win with just young players. You can't re-sign all these young guys over 2-3 period.

The 76ers have the Lakers 1st Rd pick in 2018 (not Top 3 protected anymore), and the Kings 2019 1st Rd pick (not protected at all). Therefore, they have 4 1st Rd picks in the next two NBA Drafts. There's no need to have 2 picks in this draft as well. Also, they have 20+ 2nd Rd picks over the next 5-6 NBA Drafts. Finally, I live 15 minutes from Philly and there has been no talk about trading down, but there has been discussions about using some of their future 1st Rd picks to get the #1 pick to get Fultz. Assuming Embid can stay healthy, there biggest need by far is a SG that can shoot the 3.

You draft up to #1 for a clear transformative player. They can get a player just as good maybe two players just as good by staying put.

The 76ers have the Lakers 1st Rd pick in 2018 (not Top 3 protected anymore), and the Kings 2019 1st Rd pick (not protected at all). Therefore, they have 4 1st Rd picks in the next two NBA Drafts. There's no need to have 2 picks in this draft as well. Also, they have 20+ 2nd Rd picks over the next 5-6 NBA Drafts. Finally, I live 15 minutes from Philly and there has been no talk about trading down, but there has been discussions about using some of their future 1st Rd picks to get the #1 pick to get Fultz. Assuming Embid can stay healthy, there biggest need by far is a SG that can shoot the 3.
Absolutely 0% chance the Celtics have any interest in doing that.

I still think there's a good chance the Celtics trade #1 for an established player.

My dude Don McLean, who works these guys out for CAA, says that all of the mid-1st post talent is afraid to workout with Collins.

Man. I'd be all for the Spurs trading LMA back to Portland for that #15 pick to get Collins. Could be like pulling off the Kawhi trade again.

Something you could Google.

But seriously, it's Collins' agency and one of the top sports and entertainment agencies.

Something you could Google.

But seriously, it's Collins' agency and one of the top sports and entertainment agencies.

I did, but didn't find anything that looked promising. In my world it's a low mid-major.

Back