• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
USA Today has John going 18th to the Pacers. Not as good as many hoped.

Hoopshype has him going #14 to Heat; Draft Express #16 to Bulls; Landof10 #14 to Heat; CBS #19 to Hawks

Unless someone drops, I don't see JC getting past Chicago at #16.

sweet-brown-ios-wgaf-aint-nobody-got-time-for-dat.jpg

Hoopshype has him going #14 to Heat; Draft Express #16 to Bulls; Landof10 #14 to Heat; CBS #19 to Hawks

Unless someone drops, I don't see JC getting past Chicago at #16.

I could see the Hawks potentially trading up to get him.

18 sounds pretty damn good to me. Most early predictions I saw had him in the 20s.

Any of those spots will make him a multi-millionaire, at least before taxes.

Imagine #20 Collins playing the 5 against the Warriors & ZaZa of whatever his name is... JC would kill him on offense, and defense.

Or being taken by Miami and playing along side SF James Johnson....

Or playing next Farouq in Portland.

Heat at 14. Unless the kings blow the draft up by taking 2nd round guys w great measurables In the lottery

That's pretty cool. I mean, the dude was the most productive big in the entire country last year. Taking off my black and gold glasses, I don't see why he wouldn't at least be top 15.

"hope fav team picks".. but does anyone see a way that he ends up in Charlotte?

That's pretty cool. I mean, the dude was the most productive big in the entire country last year. Taking off my black and gold glasses, I don't see why he wouldn't at least be top 15.

Maybe if he extends his range.

Any chance he comes back to Wake instead ?

Or would he have to transfer out of conference ?

USA Today has John going 18th to the Pacers. Not as good as many hoped.

Still good enough to get over $1 mill per year and make it highly worth his while for going to the NBA after 2 years!! The man is ready and made a great decision.

Apparently they were talking about this on the local sports radio this morning, according to a buddy, so it's at least on the radar.

Imagine #20 Collins playing the 5 against the Warriors & ZaZa of whatever his name is... JC would kill him on offense, and defense.

I don't follow the NBA enough to know the answer to this, but wouldn't JC's defensive limitations expose him against a team like the Warriors? At least in his first few years in the league?

I think people here downplay JC's D. I would be stunned if Danny didn't tell him to only go after the shots he knew he could take as he got a lot of cheap calls and we couldn't afford to have him on the bench.

Don't be shocked to see JC be an above average defender in the NBA after a year or two.

Back