• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

That's a great breakdown, thanks for sharing.

The thing I keep coming back to with the Spurs is whether they can compete with the Warriors without a top 15 PG. I don't think they can and I don't see any young and cheap options out there that could fill that role.

I think they can if the PG can play Top 15 defense. A 6-5 PG with a 6-10 wingspan is a good start.

The Spurs could be cashing in a lot of chips this season, but I still think they need a good draft.

I think they can if the PG can play Top 15 defense. A 6-5 PG with a 6-10 wingspan is a good start.

The Spurs could be cashing in a lot of chips this season, but I still think they need a good draft.

Murray is going to be a top 15 defensive PG next year? Seems like the best defensive point guard in the game might be a better start.

No. I also don't think the Spurs are going to beat the Warriors this year. I do think Murray could grow into being a good defensive PG given his length and well, that he plays for the Spurs.

If they could get Chris or another top 15 PG (Lowry or Teague though he's probably 15-20) without giving up Simmons (basically getting rid of Pau and TP's contracts and letting everyone else walk) they still wouldn't compete with the Warriors?

I don't think they can get rid of Parker's contract at all.

Keep in mind I said "beat the Warriors" not "compete with the Warriors." I think the Spurs will put forth a competitive roster that will finish #2 or #3 in the West and get to the WCF.

I don't think they can get rid of Parker's contract at all.

Keep in mind I said "beat the Warriors" not "compete with the Warriors." I think the Spurs will put forth a competitive roster that will finish #2 or #3 in the West and get to the WCF.

I thought they could stretch the $15 million over 2 years instead of 1.

How do you think the series would have gone if Kawhi hadn't gotten hurt?

I thought before the series that it would be Warriors in 5. Even with how well the Spurs played before he was hurt, I think it would have ended in 5 but the games would have been closer. It's possible the Warriors would have come back in Game 1 even with Kawhi.

I thought before the series that it would be Warriors in 5. Even with how well the Spurs played before he was hurt, I think it would have ended in 5 but the games would have been closer. It's possible the Warriors would have come back in Game 1 even with Kawhi.

Interesting. Warriors were obviously going to cut that lead down regardless of the Kawhi injury but if he stays in I think their odds of winning would have been less than 10%. With Game 1 in hand I think Pop gets at least one at home to take them to 6.

Seems to me the formula for beating the Warriors is great team defense, someone who can outcoach steve Kerr, two stars that can go toe to toe with KD and Steph, and 5 or 6 other guys who know their roles. Spurs have everything except that second star.

Coming into last season, I accepted a 2 year post-Duncan rebuild and transition into Kawhi's team. I wasn't expecting a championship although that's always the goal.

Need good wing defenders. Leonard, green, simmons all showed they can defend. Murray showed potential. Too bad their bugs have a lot of trouble defending the pnr.

Really hope to keep Simmons. Have a feeling he'll bring a chip on his shoulder after the way they went out.

Need good wing defenders. Leonard, green, simmons all showed they can defend. Murray showed potential. Too bad their bugs have a lot of trouble defending the pnr.

Really hope to keep Simmons. Have a feeling he'll bring a chip on his shoulder after the way they went out.

Has it been established for sure that the Arenas rule applies to Simmons? Would make it much easier to keep him and still bring in a top free agent PG.

I've done no research but according to one of the spurs sites, ptr maybe, there was an article that mentioned he was eligible. I suppose the Google machine might tell me if it was true or what the conditions it applied to.

2mnkbg4civ3z.jpg

I think getting The Logo may keep him with Clippers. Also have heard a lot of chatter about Lebron going there

If not photo-shopped(?), then greatest photo in years, with dumbass ZaZa standing there staring.

Also, to say the Spurs bigs have difficulty defending the P&R is quite the understatement. Pau and LMA, and hell David Lee too, are SO BAD and slow, they desperately need quickness at the 4 and 5.

Jordan Bell would help.

I think getting The Logo may keep him with Clippers. Also have heard a lot of chatter about Lebron going there

No way Lebron comes West and the Jerry West moves smells of desperation they must know CP3 is gone the Clippers better try for a sign and trade. I'm officially ruling the clippers out of the race this is going to be a fun few weeks.

Jerry West has been the greatest GM in NBA history and it's not even close (RC and Red are the others even in the conversation). He was done at GS and was still interested in trying to build another franchise. I would not be shocked to see him sign-and-trade Griffin to the Celtics for a bunch of picks and then dump Austin Rivers on someone to clear cap space to get Lebron next year.

He's not just The Logo for players.

Back