• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread

Not a big follower of the pro game, but isn't Harden much better with the ball in his hands? Would he not be playing off the ball much more with Paul playing PG? Or am I missing it and this will be a great combination?

Might take some time but I'm sure they will figure it out. Maybe not championship figure it out but they'll make it work.

Not a big follower of the pro game, but isn't Harden much better with the ball in his hands? Would he not be playing off the ball much more with Paul playing PG? Or am I missing it and this will be a great combination?

Also, Harden has never been held accountable on the court and in practice the way Chris will do. This is critical to their success.

So are they maybe the third or fourth best team in the West ?

PG: Chris Paul, Isaiah Taylor
SG: James Harden, Eric Gordon, DeAndre Liggins (reported trade with Dallas)
SF: Trevor Ariza
PF: Ryan Anderson, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer
C: Clint Capela, Chinanu Onuaku
Free Agents: Nene, Bobby Brown, Troy Williams

Harden is definitely a better passer when he has the ball.

The rockets finished 3rd last year with the clippers and Utah possibly losing their best players no way the finish lower than 3rd.

1. GS ... Will retain title
2. Spurs.. With Parkers injury and less depth could possibly drop a few more games and open the door for HOU.
3.Rockets added CP3 > beverley and could get Melo or PG13.
4.Clippers ... = Orlando West
5.Utah .. All depends on Gordan
6.OKC .. One man Band

Where would Rockets rank in the East? Clear #2? Competitive for #1?

I think they'd probably be #2 right now but end up 2b to Celtics' 2a after the likely offseason moves by Boston.

Clear #2. Probably #1 after they finish their moves. Definitely better than the current Celtics. I'm sure RedSox would take Thomas/Bradley over CP/Harden, but that's about it.

Clear #2. Probably #1 after they finish their moves. Definitely better than the current Celtics. I'm sure RedSox would take Thomas/Bradley over CP/Harden, but that's about it.
Maybe regular season #1 but I'm still taking whatever this Cavs team ends up looking like over the Rockets.

Yea both those dudes are well above-average defenders when healthy and interested, especially DAJ.

If you take CP3 or Harden off that roster but leave the other one you probably still have the 6-7 seed in the west. Both Harden and Chris, if fully engaged are a vast improvement over Gordon at the two.

Stagger their minutes so that you never have a non playoff squad on the floor and half the time you have at least the third best team in the west on the floor and that's pretty scary.

And that's if Chris, Harden and D'Antoni can't figure out how to go to the next level on offense. That was one of the things that kept the Clippers from being great. Doc couldn't figure out how to manage Chris and Blake's redundancies by staggering their minutes and forcing them to share creative responsibility when on the floor together.

If you take CP3 or Harden off that roster but leave the other one you probably still have the 6-7 seed in the west. Both Harden and Chris, if fully engaged are a vast improvement over Gordon at the two.

Stagger their minutes so that you never have a non playoff squad on the floor and half the time you have at least the third best team in the west on the floor and that's pretty scary.

And that's if Chris, Harden and D'Antoni can't figure out how to go to the next level on offense. That was one of the things that kept the Clippers from being great. Doc couldn't figure out how to manage Chris and Blake's redundancies by staggering their minutes and forcing them to share creative responsibility when on the floor together.

I'll give D'Anoni credit beforehand for being able to figure out how to work the combination of Harden and CP3. After all, he was the guy who put the ball into Harden's hands after Harden came to Houston. D'Antoni should be able to figure out how Harden and CP3 can share one basketball when they are on the court at the same time.

Having two guys who both can initiate the offense will make it harder for opposing defenses. Will the guy bringing the ball upcourt start the offense, or will there be a quick pass to the other, and the offense really starts at that point?

Two of Paul, Harden, and Gordon will be on the court 90% of competitive minutes. That's hard to top.

Here's a scary thought. If the Spurs move LMA and Danny Green this summer or next year, next summer (when CP3, Lebron, et al are FA) the Spurs will be $65-75M under he cap.

Here's a scary thought. If the Spurs move LMA and Danny Green this summer or next year, next summer (when CP3, Lebron, et al are FA) the Spurs will be $65-75M under he cap.

Yea. The great thing about this trade is it perfectly paves the way for CP to join the Spurs next summer if for whatever reason things don't work out in Houston.

Yea. The great thing about this trade is it perfectly paves the way for CP to join the Spurs next summer if for whatever reason things don't work out in Houston.

How about Kawhi, CP3, Lebron, DWade, a big with Bertans, SloMo, Murray, White, a MLE and the other exception...Oh yeah, and Tim to play 12 mpg at 43. :) Maybe Fat Boris too, he isn't going to lose a step. :)

Back