• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sherlock Holmes Mafia Game 2.0; When Good Ideas Go Wrong: The dv7 Mafia Story

FINAL DAY 1 OT VOTE COUNT

Player Recv'ing VotesVote Total (vote order: )1st2nd3rd4th5th6th
sd3
5Daredwingknightjtptejas
smidge6manningrommybluesd3goudarsf

Smidge, Charles Augustus Magnusson, Tycoon Blackmailer, Mafia Role Odd-Night Investigator. Magnusson is a very wealthy man with tons of contacts and knows all the deep and dark secrets of peoples' affairs in town. He uses this knowledge to blackmail his victims into telling him their role. Every odd night (i.e. nights 1,3,5,etc.) Magnusson can blackmail a player in the game to learn of their role. Players will be alerted a night later that they have been compromised. As in n1 will be told n2; n3 will be told n4; and so on.

There is a gambling addict in the game and should this person be incorrect on their bets 3 times in a row then you will gain a power. That is all the information you know as you are just the tycoon and not aware of how the money is collected. Nor do you care.

Get me your night moves by 11:20 if you have any.

1890s London, chaps. Dangerous place.

The city arose to find two murdered people in the streets!

-- deaconblue, Irene Adler, “the woman”, Recruitable Independent, has been murdered. Irene has incredible wit and supreme intelligence and will use these capabilities once she has a side to belong to. Irene was married but quickly bored of her dull husband and wants adventure in her life. She has stolen private photographs from European Royalty, so there is some bad to her, but then again, she is kind-hearted and looks out for those less fortunate than herself. So is she bad or is she good? Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty will both be searching for Ms. Adler each night and whoever finds her flips her to their side; citizens for Holmes, mafia for Moriarty. If both men find her on the same night then Ms. Adler will be killed (so don’t say who you are in the thread – even hinting who you are could be detrimental if both Holmes and Moriarty pick up on the hint at the same time.) If Adler joins the mafia then she will be sent an invitation from the moderator for the mafia chatzy and then wins with the mafia. If Adler is found by Holmes first, then a chatzy will be created for her and him. Adler will be given specific, but unknown at this point, powers once she joins a team. Searching will stop and the town will be notified the next day once Irene is found and is recruited to a side.

-- jtp, Professor Moriarty, Criminal Genius, Mafia Godfather, has also been murdered. Moriarty is one of only two people that have gotten the better of Sherlock Holmes, Irene Adler being the other. As a criminal mastermind, Moriarty is able to disguise himself as a vanilla civ and any investigations from Sherlock Holmes, or his brother Mycroft, will result in “town aligned”. Beware that Inspector Lestrade is out on the street searching for you at night and he will be able to nose out that you are the Godfather. You also get to search for Ms. Adler once a night and if you find her before Mr. Holmes then she will join the mafia. At that point an unknown power will be revealed to her (and the entire mafia team in chatzy).

It is now Day 2. Round ends at 1:30 PM today.

The game is again afoot!

***SD3***

I don't like that smidge was brought into the OT tie, but let's kill them both while we have a chance. Like Gouda said, no EV+ here. When they both come up civ, Rommy dies.

initially read this as maf-knight setting me up to be lynched if/when sd3/smidge would've both flipped civ. with smidge flipping maf, this is worth a civ lean, especially with the sd3 campaigning here:

My mind is fucking blown that we're not also killing SD3 here. Just...blown. Trash play.

Should point out that Tejas was asking gouda why he switched to Smidge at the start of the OT round, then voted for Smidge.

***Tejas***

I don't like that he was on Smidge before OT, then switched. Also the above posts were made in OT within 2 min of each other. Not a huge fan of that either.

I would say rommy is 99.9% civ for the last part of Day 1 regulation.

Hey moron I switched to preserve tie

civ or bitch for this. it's 14-3-1

I misread the OP. I thought I read that Irene Adler was the only indy, and then I just assumed there were mafia goons to make up the numbers.

Back