• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Celtics are bringing in Dennis Smith for an interview, could they be looking to trade down twice?

Let the Sixers take Fultz at 1 and the Kings take Fox at 3 and then Celtics wind up with Tatum/Jackson at 5, Smith/French guy at 10 AND a future 1st round pick.

Celtics are bringing in Dennis Smith for an interview, could they be looking to trade down twice?

Let the Sixers take Fultz at 1 and the Kings take Fox at 3 and then Celtics wind up with Tatum/Jackson at 5, Johnny Collins at 10 AND a future 1st round pick.

FIFY

I'd be OK with The Sixers giving up #3 and their #1 next year or the year after, but not next year's Lakers pick or the following year's Sactown pick. Neither of the non-Sixer picks are protected. They can live without their own but not picks that are likely to be Top 10 and maybe Top 5.

Futlz isn't that much better than Jackson, Fox or Tatum to give up that much.

Tatum is not going to be very good. He's a player the NBA would've overvalued 15 years ago.

Heading into his 12th year in the league. It's not like the early 00s KG clones.

Let the Sixers take Fultz at 1 and the Kings take Fox at 3 and then Celtics wind up with Tatum/Jackson at 5, Smith/French guy at 10 AND a future 1st round pick.

It's very unlikely Jackson makes it to #5. What do they do with Jaylen Brown, last year's #3?

Plus if they sign Hayward. why get another wing?

Should they go after Griffin and draft Jackson?

I'd be OK with The Sixers giving up #3 and their #1 next year or the year after, but not next year's Lakers pick or the following year's Sactown pick. Neither of the non-Sixer picks are protected. They can live without their own but not picks that are likely to be Top 10 and maybe Top 5.

Futlz isn't that much better than Jackson, Fox or Tatum to give up that much.

Hard disagree

This is why you stockpile picks

The Lakers pick was MCW

If you've identified your guy, go get him

An overpay is giving a mediocre older player the max, not getting 9 years of Fultz for a couple picks

Once you have the pick, it's yours and shouldn't be let go for less value.

I've seen Fultz play about five or six games. He's good, but if he was worth the #3 pick and likely another Top 5 pick (Lakers pick next year), the Celtics wouldn't be trading him and his team would have won more than two games in the very, very average PAC 12.

There's no way I'd give up the Lakers pick next year to get him. I could see giving up the Sixers #1s for next year and the year after. But not the good picks.

The Celtics aren't going to trade that pick, so this is all moot.

lol if you think ainge is moving the pick.

I guess you guys know more than Mark Stein and Adrian Woj. Remind me again who is paying you $200K+ for your knowledge of and contacts in the NBA...

Last edited:
why would ainge tell anyone not affiliated with the celtics his ACTUAL intentions?

They should for multiple picks or a proven star. This is a deep draft.
Meh. If you luck into the top tier of a two tier top 10, and only one of the players in that top tier wants to play for you, you don't trade out of that tier. Ainge shouldn't overthink it. Take the likely superstar and go home.

why would ainge tell anyone not affiliated with the celtics his ACTUAL intentions?

Who says Ainge told anyone?

Why is Fultz on his way to Philly today if this isn't being talked about?

Who are the Celtics going to trade to get a max player? If they keep the first pick, the "hold" for that pick is about $7M, if you add that to their current salaries of about $70M, they would only have about $22M to sign someone.

Going down to #3 only gives them about $1.5M more.

They are going to have to trade Bradley, Zeller or Crowder or a combo of other players to get Hayward or Griffin.

Back