• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

John Collins and Kyrie Irving to San Antonio
Lamarcus Aldridge and Bryn Forbes to Atlanta
Kent Bazemore and Dejounte Murray to Cleveland

A boy can dream.

John Collins and Kyrie Irving to San Antonio
Lamarcus Aldridge and Bryn Forbes to Atlanta
Kent Bazemore and Dejounte Murray to Cleveland

A boy can dream.

Kent Bazemore and Dejounte Murray for Kyrie Irving? Was Ted Stepien brought back from the dead to be the Cavs GM again?

Kent Bazemore and Dejounte Murray for Kyrie Irving? Was Ted Stepien brought back from the dead to be the Cavs GM again?

No. Ted Nugent.

Cleveland needs a wing that can guard one of Curry/Thompson/Durant and can also hit 3s. Shumpert can't be counted on to do that. So role out Baze and see what happens. He's a good locker room guy and maybe Murray develops into a top tier point guard on the cheap. He's got length which is nice.

I would have thought John Collins would have been the piece laughed out. I do think Atlanta or some other 3rd team somehow holds the key though.

If Phoenix still wants Aldridge, you could do:

Phoenix gets Aldridge
Spurs get Irving and Bender
Cleveland gets Bledsoe and Dejounte Murray.

I am starting to think that in any of these scenarios, the Spurs and Cavs are going to flip Shumpert for Danny Green, which is a win for Cleveland and a loss for the Spurs, a big one.

Why the Spurs take Shumpert?

I think the Cavs would want Bender as well.

Why would Phoenix want to rent Aldridge while giving up a guy they have two years. If they do, this isn't that far off.

that trade belongs on our #spursdonk thread... but i'd be thrilled of course.

Why the Spurs take Shumpert?

I think the Cavs would want Bender as well.

Why would Phoenix want to rent Aldridge while giving up a guy they have two years. If they do, this isn't that far off.

I think the Cavs will force a Green for Shumpert swap as part of any trade for Kyrie. That is a win for Cleveland in that Green is far more consistent than Shumpert. Maybe Pop could make him a better play and their shooting guy can fix his shot, but pretty late in his career to get there.

Or he could trade Shumpert for a bag of chips and sign someone who has a bball IQ.

bump for potential kyrie trade to the celtics for isiah thomas crowder and ante zizic and picks

wow deal is done

cavs get IT, Crowder, Zizic, 2018 Nets pick

need to absorb this. that is a lot imo.

Looks like a good move for both teams. Celtics made the gap closer this season.

Back