• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest--Notre Dame game--November 4, 2017--Advice solicited

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Someone who I'd least expect, landed me good tickets to the game

For those who have been to South Bend before, your advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Only do 1 night in South Bend. That's all you need. Stay in Chicago and take the train for the rest of the trip.

Stay in chicago and rent a car to drive to game

Stay in Chicago and find a bar that rents buses to take the ND game. They will offer all you can drink plus full tailgate when you arrive. There will be plenty of time to explore campus if you wish.

There is nothing in South Bend except ND. Last WF game there I drove up from Columbus in the morning, did the whole campus experience and game and then drove east and spent the night outside Cleveland. Went to the WF vs. Bucknell basketball game on Sunday. Great road trip.

you should spend your time in South bend posting new threads about boring pointless stuff that nobody cares about.

one of the best things about ND is the fans. Most are very, very gracious. You have to look long and far to find a jerk.

Yeah umm, no. Last time we were there one randomly half shoved/punched me in the shoulder. My dad's friend came flying in and ripped the stupid Manti Te'o lei off his neck. Cooler heads ended up prevailing, but still. Have never had something like that happen.

would recommend spending Friday night in South Bend, not wild, but ND's traditions are strong -- if you stay Friday night you can catch the pep rally, then see the band on campus with bag pipes et. al., see the Grotto, etc., tailgates were good but not the Grove.

we hit Rocco's pizza Friday (get there early), post game you can head back to Chicago.

As a non-face painter, moonz, I think you may find your time more well-spent in Chicago than observing the ND traditions.

Stay in Chicago and find a bar that rents buses to take the ND game. They will offer all you can drink plus full tailgate when you arrive. There will be plenty of time to explore campus if you wish.

Don't stay in South Bend. This is one of the more boring campuses that I have ever been on. The tailgate is not wild, in fact its pretty lame. On top of that the seating in the stadium sucks. They are still using the wooden board seating that was there when the gipper was motoring around. No way I'll ever return to that dump.

Don't stay in South Bend. This is one of the more boring campuses that I have ever been on. The tailgate is not wild, in fact its pretty lame. On top of that the seating in the stadium sucks. They are still using the wooden board seating that was there when the gipper was motoring around. No way I'll ever return to that dump.

I thought the campus was cool with the traditions/landmarks/nostalgia, but yeah the tailgating was barely existent and bad. Only good thing about the ridiculous wooden benches is they don't get nearly as cold as metal.

I thought the campus was cool with the traditions/landmarks/nostalgia, but yeah the tailgating was barely existent and bad. Only good thing about the ridiculous wooden benches is they don't get nearly as cold as metal.

I love Price's Chicken Coop

The stadium's renovation will be completed for this season. They added a video board & now have wider seats which were both big issues I had with the stadium.

If there's more room to sit now that's good. Been to several games there over the years and it was like being in a sardine tin. You could barely breathe, let alone move. Was last there for the 'Cuse loss to end the '08 season. Freezing cold.

Back