• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's Your Take on CP3 to the Rockets?

* Harden won't be a triple double machine
* Clint Capella will be a double double machine
* Ryan Anderson and Ariza are gonna get some open looks
* CP3 is gonna play more minutes than with the Clippers as Harden gets to the line so often it provides a lot of rest opportunities. Thinking 35ish.
* Harden should play less minutes
* Can Gordon stay healthy a 2nd year in a row? Can CP3 stay healthy?

I think getting out of the Clippers situation was good. Spurs were a better fit. It may be a nice contrast. It may not be a great fit. Who knows. Paul can run an offense and get everyone looks. Harden can score when he wants.

Even though the Clips have new ownership that is infinitely better than the previous ownership, the management team under that still isn't great. Nepotism isn't always a problem, but with the Clips it appears that it is. Coach Doc wanting to coach son Austin has impacted the judgement of GM Doc and who he is willing to trade.

* Harden won't be a triple double machine
* Clint Capella will be a double double machine
* Ryan Anderson and Ariza are gonna get some open looks
* CP3 is gonna play more minutes than with the Clippers as Harden gets to the line so often it provides a lot of rest opportunities. Thinking 35ish.
* Harden should play less minutes
* Can Gordon stay healthy a 2nd year in a row? Can CP3 stay healthy?

I agree with all of these points.

Also, the Rockets probably aren't done making moves yet. I think Ariza is a lock to stay on this roster, but everyone else? I won't be surprised if they get moved.

I don't know nearly as much as others about the NBA, but when I saw the trade details on a TV in a restaurant my first thought was...

"That looks a lot like the Herschel Walker to Minny trade that Jerruh and Jimmy pulled off."

So many players and picks for one in return.

I don't know nearly as much as others about the NBA, but when I saw the trade details on a TV in a restaurant my first thought was...

"That looks a lot like the Herschel Walker to Minny trade that Jerruh and Jimmy pulled off."

If I remember correctly, that trade included several 1st and 2nd round picks and more picks than players. There's only one pick and four players in this team. I'm sure the Clippers would have liked to get another 1st out of this and they didn't.

Clips got a grocery bag of NBA bench players. Rockets got an NBA Allstar.

If I remember correctly, that trade included several 1st and 2nd round picks and more picks than players. There's only one pick and four players in this team. I'm sure the Clippers would have liked to get another 1st out of this and they didn't.

Many of those draft picks came from conditions in the trade that if the player(s) was/were waived then a draft pick would take his place.

No clue if that is the same situation here, nor do I know who any of the players Houston sent to the Clippers are.

Just saying, that on the face of it, it seems to be giving up a lot of people for one player.

Many of those draft picks came from conditions in the trade that if the player(s) was/were waived then a draft pick would take his place.

No clue if that is the same situation here, nor do I know who any of the players Houston sent to the Clippers are.

Just saying, that on the face of it, it seems to be giving up a lot of people for one player.

NFL players are far more replaceable than NBA players. It's rare to get 100 cents on the dollar when trading an NBA star in his prime. This trade did better than some but unless one of the young guys turns out to be great the Clippers lost this trade.

NFL players are far more replaceable than NBA players. It's rare to get 100 cents on the dollar when trading an NBA star in his prime. This trade did better than some but unless one of the young guys turns out to be great the Clippers lost this trade.

The Clippers also didn't tie up a 32 year old for 5 years in a supermax contract.

The only consolation for the Clippers is they got more than they would have if CP3 had opted out of his contract, which he could have done this year.

I think if I was the Clippers, I would have wanted Gordon over Lou Williams. They have Lou Williams, his name is Jamal Crawford.

I really like Sam Dekker as a player. He has the potential to give you 3 or 4 really really good years. He was good early for Houston last season in very limited minutes, then got hurt and was out for a long chunk of time, and came back just before the end of the regular season and seemed to play well when he was allowed an extended run.

Ryan Anderson is a really unique player. I would hesitate to jetison him if I were Houston. And agree with TexDeac10 regarding Ariza. He is gonna be the glue on this team. Dude never gets hurt and never ages. He is today's Matt Barnes.

I'm guessing they may have wanted Gordon but Houston didn't want to trade him in hopes he could be part of a package for Paul George.

The Clips should see if they can trade Beverly, Williams, or Crawford plus a 2nd to a good team for a 1st.

I'm of the opinion that Dekker will emerge as the starting SF for the Clippers. He had a solid run for the Rockets last year before he got hurt and I think this trade will give him minutes that were harder to come by in Houston. This situation is particularly sad, though, given the awful wings Doc signed while CP was here. Dekker may already be the best of that group.

By the time it's all said and done, I see the Clippers having two starters between Beverly, Dekker, Williams, and Harrell with two top notch bench contributors. Harrell is good Blake insurance, IMO. Lou is better than Jamal and Austin, and could possibly be capable of starting at SG given Beverly's defensive versatility.

More importantly, though, the Clippers have some assets. It's kind of unacknowledged how screwed the long term outlook was thanks to GM Doc's incompetence. Some of that has been fixed, though it will take some time to get the team back on track and it's a shame to have to lose CP in the process.

(Part of me wants to see what Liggins and Hilliard can do, as well. They haven't done much so far, but the Clippers managed to get starting caliber play from Luc last year, so who knows!)

Also, I can't cheer for the Rockets. It sucks because CP is my dude, but Jeff [Redacted] can go to hell.

What would be hilarious is if the Rockets don't get anyone else and CP3 goes back to the Clippers after they lose Griffin.

I think Trez and Dekker will help the Clippers.

The Clippers also didn't tie up a 32 year old for 5 years in a supermax contract.

32 isn't that old in the NBA. Especially for a pass first PG that plays at a slow pace.

Jordan, Stockton, Cassell, Kobe, West and Ginobli all played at a high level at age 34, so I would expect at least 3 more years of All-Star level Chris.

Stockton played at a high level until age 38. It's not like Chris is a guy who thrives on his athleticism either.

Back