• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brother of top bball recruit Mo Bamba snitches on him about improper benefits

JpNnlE4.gif

Ibrahim Johnson, older brother of Mo Bamba, posted a 20 minute long video on facebook alleging that Mo has received a ton of financial benefits from a man named Greer Love, who is the vice president of Huron Capital, and allegedly a booster (for Michigan presumably).

Mo Bamba is arguably the most highly regarded basketball recruit of the '17 class and probably the best commit of Shaka Smart's career. In the video the brother claims that Greer Love drove he and his brother apart because Ibrahim wanted to be a sports agent and represent Mo. Ibrahim also claims to have received benefits himself, and to have contacted the NCAA about the benefits. Ibrahim claims that Greer gave Bamba $200 weekly, a tv, a bed, "new teeth", credit cards, shoes, and multiple vacations, including a trip to San Diego to see his "Instagram thot" girl friend.

The facebook video is embedded in this forum link:
https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/mo-bamba-exposed-by-brother.237855/

So he received a couple hundo bucks and some cheap gifts? Weak sauce by his brudder.

Also, if he has/had a remotely decent relationship with his brother, that's and even bigger reason to keep his mouth shut. Bamba is fixing to get paid. He would most likely help is brother along in life.

His brother did the right thing. We lose track of that with sports.

Did he though? Is there really anything ethically wrong with accepting payments because you are a talented athlete? Mo allegedly broke the rules, but he didn't do the wrong thing.

Saw some context, where apparently the brother wanted to eventually be the agent for Mo Bamba and the Michigan guy was apparently buying Mo Bamba's future business with the benefits (and blackmail potential). The old "sign with me or I'll tell the world what I gave you and when I gave it to you" ploy.

Is Shaka Smart officially in over his head yet? 11 wins, firing coaches, recruiting guys who are obviously on the take and looking the other way...

Did he though? Is there really anything ethically wrong with accepting payments because you are a talented athlete? Mo allegedly broke the rules, but he didn't do the wrong thing.

No, just no.

This is like calling the cops on your neighbor for smoking weed.

Rules are rules. Pay athletes over the table or don't pay them at all. The NCAA has some bobo rules like not being able to pay for meals but this is different altogether.

I'll leave it to y'all to rationalize.

I wouldn't want to be Townie's brother or in his family if he's true to his post in real life. Townie would turn his brother, sister, mom, dad, cousin for cheating on taxes or speeding.

Hey, Townie when you trip or do a line or smoke a joint, should your brother/sister turn you in? You know the laws. You broke the law. You should do the time.

If anything "doing the right thing" and turning Townie in makes more sense in that he's allegedly a grown man. Mo Bamba is still a kid.

So Townie, why don't you save your family some angst and turn yourself in?

Last edited:
Back