• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Slave Auction Controversy

So Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Derek Carr, Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce among others weren't auctioned?

What about kickers and defenses?

Would it have been less offensive if only white players were auctioned (or would that have been racist too -- sure would've been shorter)?

So, a fantasy draft is less offensive than an auction?

Is it offensive when a black free agent in any sport receives multi-million dollar offers from a variety of white owners?

:rulz:

Last edited:
Visual was not good, but honestly this is one of the dumbest things I've seen people outraged about. Everyone knows its a fantasy draft, its happening all over the world every day this time of the year. This is just something to keep up these type of stories and something to add on to the pile for the SJW's of the world.

Yeah effectively it's the same as a fantasy draft but to present it in that way, while originally with innocent intentions I'm sure, was pretty damn tone deaf at this time. Producer should have stepped in to change that format.

Another excuse for lay-offs at the worldwide leader.

Yeah effectively it's the same as a fantasy draft but to present it in that way, while originally with innocent intentions I'm sure, was pretty damn tone deaf at this time. Producer should have stepped in to change that format.

This. The optics in sports are bad enough. Somebody should have realized this wouldn't play well.

Stupid "mini-issue"

Even stupider land mine to step into with horrible optics. Somebody should be fired for allowing it to happen just because they are clearly incompetent.

Honestly, while I can see the optics weren't good and you'd think someone at the 4 letter would see that. To me, it is an insult to those individuals that were actually auctioned off as slaves to compare a fantasy football draft to their ordeal in any way, shape or form.

Anyone who thinks this is a good look is a moron, at best:

Stupid yes, dumb idea yes, a waste of time yes. Comparable in any way, shape or form to an actual slave auction 150 to 200 years ago, no. I'm sure if any of the poor souls that were auctioned as slaves were around today, they'd say the same thing.

They could have at least gotten someone who didn't look like Alex Jones with a crew cut.

Honestly, while I can see the optics weren't good and you'd think someone at the 4 letter would see that. To me, it is an insult to those individuals that were actually auctioned off as slaves to compare a fantasy football draft to their ordeal in any way, shape or form.

Thanks. My ancestors value your input.

They could have at least gotten someone who didn't look like Alex Jones with a crew cut.

Thanks. My ancestors value your input.

Yeah, multi-millionaire football players getting auctioned off as fantasy football players to individuals that have no control over them in any way, is comparable to actual people who were auctioned off as real slaves to individuals that controlled everything about them.

So why are you a better spokesperson for former slaves than descendants of slaves?

So why are you a better spokesperson for former slaves than descendants of slaves?

Are you arguing it is comparable in any way? If the golf channel did this for fantasy golf, would this even be an issue? It doesn't take a certain skin color to realize the horror actual slaves went through in no way compares to a multi-millionaire football player getting drafted by a fantasy football player whom has no control over them at all.

You ducked my question.

Back