• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I agree, but I think the directors or whoever does that sort of thing are doing a poor job of showing the passage of time i.e. if someone gets on a ship has it been a week since they left when they show up in the next scene? That can be conveyed without taking up extra screen time. Some events appear to be ostensibly happening simultaneously or within hours of each other which is a stretch for some of the events.

Agreed. I think Eagles point is better though, the rough travel timelines I understand, but by forcing tough travel timelines they leave out the reasons behind them, which makes those butchered timelines worse

this season is definitely the most #contrived. lots of bad or murky decision making in service of the plot. rushed development of everything because of limited time. but it's also one of my favorite seasons.

like e6 coming up has some problems, but it's great for reasons outside of just the raw stuff that happens that we've been waiting on. some great dialogue and blockbuster movie direction.

Why'd they decide to end it next season anyway? Seems like they're rushing to finish the story under a tough deadline that they themselves set

it's a super expensive and time consuming show to produce, so they limited the episode orders on the last 2 seasons to make something more cinematic. i imagine 8 will be crazier than 7. i kinda dig the condensing of resources into a 7 episode pure cocaine version of the show like this season.

My biggest peave of all is how quickly the characters are able to get around Westeros this season, even more egregiously in this week's episode. I can, however, stretch my understanding for the white walkers as it's possible (though not fully alluded to) that they are continuing to conquer and grow the army north of the wall- assuming there are some stragglers remaining. Otherwise, as Tejas writes, they may just be biding their time.

Ha; I cant imagine how they are going to capture a white walker. I guess they can bag him/her or maybe hold him a wagon but conventional chains aren't going to work, right? Plus how are they going to separate him/her from the masses?

this season is definitely the most #contrived. lots of bad or murky decision making in service of the plot. rushed development of everything because of limited time. but it's also one of my favorite seasons.

like e6 coming up has some problems, but it's great for reasons outside of just the raw stuff that happens that we've been waiting on. some great dialogue and blockbuster movie direction.

this is fair

The actor that plays night king now looks a little goofy compared to original guy

it's a super expensive and time consuming show to produce, so they limited the episode orders on the last 2 seasons to make something more cinematic. i imagine 8 will be crazier than 7. i kinda dig the condensing of resources into a 7 episode pure cocaine version of the show like this season.

I also think I read somewhere that next season's episodes are going to be 75-90 minutes long, so each episode will be almost movie length.

I also think I read somewhere that next season's episodes are going to be 75-90 minutes long, so each episode will be almost movie length.

That sounds pretty amazing- however they should move to Saturday night so I have Sunday for my brain to recover

Also, you can see that so many of the cast are just getting roles thrown at them all over the place. Asking them to forgo that for a long production of a TV show is pretty selfish.

Also, LOL at the deus ex machina comment...that's basically the entire series. But I get it.

Count me in the group that is somewhat annoyed at the time/travel issues, but loving the "Pure cocaine" version of the show. The focus has definitely shifted from "focus on the journey" to "get to the damn point", which honestly I probably wanted in past seasons.

So much fun though. Going to HATE waiting a whole year for the next season. Plus I have a feeling they will use the longer episodes next season and convoluted schedules of the cast as an excuse to push the last season to late 2018 or even Spring 2019.

Also, you can see that so many of the cast are just getting roles thrown at them all over the place. Asking them to forgo that for a long production of a TV show is pretty selfish.

Also, LOL at the deus ex machina comment...that's basically the entire series. But I get it.

Count me in the group that is somewhat annoyed at the time/travel issues, but loving the "Pure cocaine" version of the show. The focus has definitely shifted from "focus on the journey" to "get to the damn point", which honestly I probably wanted in past seasons.

So much fun though. Going to HATE waiting a whole year for the next season. Plus I have a feeling they will use the longer episodes next season and convoluted schedules of the cast as an excuse to push the last season to late 2018 or even Spring 2019.

Jamie Lannister is an incredibly handsome fellah. #nohomo

Sansa:

No one can protect me. No one can protect anyone.

Is it time yet to talk about zombies? Or dragons? Or um......

Also that last scene between Dany and Jon was confusing to me on multiple fronts.

How do horses always know where to go when their rider is passed out that's some homeward bound shit right there

Back