• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Was this WSJ article ever posted on Moto? This is getting me pumped.

"I'll will take it to my grave that I think I was fair and balanced about this whole process and allowed Arnaud to make this decision," Fitzpatrick said Monday. "He told me a couple of days before, he wanted to go to Wake Forest. I said, 'OK, I'm going to make you take a few days to really think about it because I want you to be sure.'

"And the day that coach (Jeff) [Redacted], coach (Jeff) Battle and coach (Walt) Corbean came up last Friday to meet with us, and Arnaud was going to tell them in person, they had no idea. So Arnaud told them in person that he was committing.

"I've got to tell you, the minute he let it out of his mouth and told those guys, then the Wake Forest pride just came barreling out. So now I can be really excited for him, for being one of my players. But I can also be real excited for the university.

"I mean, I'm pumped."

Moto will bring strength and physicality as well as skill and a nice shooting touch to the Deacons' perimeter. Moto, who has the wingspan of a 7-1 player, guards players from point guard to center in high school, and Fitzpatrick predicts that he'll take the opponents' best perimeter scorer at Wake Forest.

"Defensively, I think that's probably the thing that most coaches see him as a special kid right now," Fitzpatrick said. "And he is a warrior."

"I honestly believe if he were a college freshman right now he would be able to play — because of his size and because of the way he just adapts and adjusts."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2...-wing-to-growing-recruiting-class-ar-1458341/

Ask Calhoun about manipulating schollies. His most recent one was priceless....

"There will be times in 12/13 when we go:

6'2 (6'3) Codi
6'9 Tree
Big 6'6 Travis/Moto (Moto just sounds cooler)
6'9 Devin
7'+ Andre/Carson "

You forgot Cavanaugh 6'8 but projected to grow a few more inches.

Barring injury or foul trouble (or blowout wins:) } I doubt there will be any times when either Travis or Moto aren't on the court.

I didn't forget Tyler, but he hasn't grown those inches yet.

I'm pretty sure if Gary Harris opts for IU he will be the 6th man in their class and scholly #14 for the program. A coach has to create the best team possible as their job is evaluated every year, so if that means telling a kid that isn't going to play, just that, and suggest he explore other options I don't view that as a bad thing.

They won't announce a 14th committment until someone announces they are transferring.

No coach or program with a scintilla of class will take 14th commitment before someone leaves.

Tomorrow is going to be huge in terms of recruiting. I've heard a lot of Twitter talk that the guys are trying to establish a brotherhood to get us back to prominence. Absolutely huge.

One thing I've noticed from Twitter, these guys really do think of each other like family. The guys who are commits and have not even stepped foot on campus are already referred to as "little bro" and so forth by current and past Wake players.

That is one thing Wake really has going for itself. A coach can tell a kid he will immediately become part of the family and its actually true.

One thing I've noticed from Twitter, these guys really do think of each other like family. The guys who are commits and have not even stepped foot on campus are already referred to as "little bro" and so forth by current and past Wake players.

That is one thing Wake really has going for itself. A coach can tell a kid he will immediately become part of the family and its actually true.

This is why you don't take a 14th commitment at this point.

Tomorrow is going to be huge in terms of recruiting. I've heard a lot of Twitter talk that the guys are trying to establish a brotherhood to get us back to prominence. Absolutely huge.

So this is a pretty baller weekend to visit...

anton-gill10 Anton Gill
Chillin with my bro @SMitchell_4 at the wake game. Played pickup with @CP3 earlier. Enjoying myself !

SMitchell_4 Shelton Mitchell
Had a good time at wake with @anton_gill10 @G_McClinton @LikeMike_H and @CP3

anton-gill10 Anton Gill
Chillin with my bro @SMitchell_4 at the wake game. Played pickup with @CP3 earlier. Enjoying myself !

SMitchell_4 Shelton Mitchell
Had a good time at wake with @anton_gill10 @G_McClinton @LikeMike_H and @CP3

This is excellent news. I'm wondering: does anybody with access knows how the incoming freshmen are dealing with the Class of 2012 hype?

Mike Hughes... he is Greg McClinton's team mate at Winston Prep and a 2014 G/F. Not sure if we are recruiting him or he was tagging along with McClinton.

How cool was it for CP3 to say he had stars in his when he met his hero -Chill?

He will be at Wake this weekend with Codi, Tree and Andre. Sounds like something may become official then.

Andrew White visited Louisville this weekend. Still planning to visit Texas. He's already taken officials to Kansas and West Virginia. Maintains he has no favorites right now.

NC State is considered to be in the top 2 for 5 star D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (along with Georgetown) and 5 star TJ Warren (along with Carolina).

Jim Larranaga got his first recruit this weekend, SG Melvin Johnson. 3 star who also visited Virginia Tech.

Rivals has added two players to our 2013 offer list: 4 star PG Detrick Mostella and unranked SF B.J Gladden. Here's a good article about Gladden from this summer. Says that he is most interested in "Wake Forest, Xavier, Tennessee, VCU and UNC-Charlotte."

Last edited:
Back