• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Great news.

And props to catudeac on deaconsports.com for breaking the story.

Apparently I missed something: in the scholarship chart posted by stonzm9 who is Miller, listed as a PG?

Great news about Thomas. Getting a pure PF on this team is huge. With Moto and Thomas, I feel like we are adding a lot of energy and strength, something we needed desperately.

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that first priority for 2013 is a shooting guard, but what about second priority? Small forward or center?

I say center since we will have Moto, Rountree, and McKie all on the roster at small forward while we will only have DesRosiers and Washington at center plus center prospects are less likely to be immediately ACC ready.

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that first priority for 2013 is a shooting guard, but what about second priority? Small forward or center?

I say center since we will have Moto, Rountree, and McKie all on the roster at small forward while we will only have DesRosiers and Washington at center plus center prospects are less likely to be immediately ACC ready.

I agree.

I really like the fact that we are apparently recruiting very athletic players. BB skill plus athleticism makes a team highly adaptable. That is good.

I think [Redacted] does emphasize versatility more than Dino (and Skip) did.

-DSR committed to Georgetown over NCSt.

This is good news for us as well. I dont what it is about Gtown, but they always seem to get big strong guards.

I think, in general, after a 6 man class, the next class has to place a higher emphasis on talent than positional needs. In other words, BPA.

In our case in particular, I think this is especially true. Rountree could be anything from a 2 to a 4. Moto could be a 2 or 3. Cavanaugh could be a 3 or 4. CMM could be a 1 or 2. Pretty much the whole class is versatile enough that they can play multiple spots. We need to just get the best player(s) we can possibly get for 2013. The positions will work themselves out.

I think, in general, after a 6 man class, the next class has to place a higher emphasis on talent than positional needs. In other words, BPA.

In our case in particular, I think this is especially true. Rountree could be anything from a 2 to a 4. Moto could be a 2 or 3. Cavanaugh could be a 3 or 4. CMM could be a 1 or 2. Pretty much the whole class is versatile enough that they can play multiple spots. We need to just get the best player(s) we can possibly get for 2013. The positions will work themselves out.

Completely agreed with all of this.

Back