• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Muggsy was from Dunbar. He played for one of the best HS teams of the last twenty years of the past century.

the dunbar poets. undefeated his jr and sr year, with 4 future NBA players on squad. epic

Dunbar team in early 90's with Keith Booth, Michael Lloyd and Donta Bright was the best team I have ever seen. All three were McDonald's All-Americans I believe.

My junior year we played dematha at our place. Opening tip went straight to Joe Forte who promptly through up a half court alley-oop to Keith Bogans who promptly threw down a monstrous two handed dunk whilst tea bagging my friend our starting center.

So yeah, dematha is a powerhouse.

Dunbar team in early 90's with Keith Booth, Michael Lloyd and Donta Bright was the best team I have ever seen. All three were McDonald's All-Americans I believe.

only booth was a mcd...muggsy played with the reggies (williams and lewis) and david wingate...only reggie w was a mcd on that dunbar team though.

DT likes D.Thomas but thinks A.Washington will take 3 or 4 years before he is a big contributor.

Very glad after watching the video that we did not sign Tyler Lewis....bench warmer baby. Isn't going to be able to compete at the High Major level in my opinion.

When Devin was 6'7, 225, with a 6'11 wingspan, he was considered to have one of the highest motors in the class, good post moves and be a tough but "undersized PF". At that size he was 3*.

Now he's 6'9 (maybe 6'10), 235 and growing. He's got a personal trainer and will be working out on the college S&C plan. His wingspan is likely over 7' at this point.

Without that "undersized" tag, I wonder if he would have been 4*.

When Devin was 6'7, 225, with a 6'11 wingspan, he was considered to have one of the highest motors in the class, good post moves and be a tough but "undersized PF". At that size he was 3*.

Now he's 6'9 (maybe 6'10), 235 and growing. He's got a personal trainer and will be working out on the college S&C plan. His wingspan is likely over 7' at this point.

Without that "undersized" tag, I wonder if he would have been 4*.

Is that height confirmed?

According to him, his dad, his coach and his doctor, he's at least 6'9, 232.

His doctor gave an interview and stated his height and weight? Say whaaaaaaa?

New highlight vid of Rountree. Matchup nightmare is definitely a word that comes to mind when seeing this guy. He is crazy long.

Could our backcourt of the future be Aaron and Codi sharing ballhandling with neither being a pure PG? In essence we play two basketball players in the backcourt.

There are huge benefits from this. First very few SGs play a dribbler well. Next Aaron can see over the SGs to see passing lanes. We could play Aaron with CJ, Chase (not sure he can play D on a PG, but put Aaron on the PG for a few minutes. his length may make up for the quickness) and Codi at the other guard to score.

Codi is supposed to be very good on D. Moto is supposed to be a monster on D. Aaron can play at least three positions on D.

Could our backcourt of the future be Aaron and Codi sharing ballhandling with neither being a pure PG? In essence we play two basketball players in the backcourt.

There are huge benefits from this. First very few SGs play a dribbler well. Next Aaron can see over the SGs to see passing lanes. We could play Aaron with CJ, Chase (not sure he can play D on a PG, but put Aaron on the PG for a few minutes. his length may make up for the quickness) and Codi at the other guard to score.

Codi is supposed to be very good on D. Moto is supposed to be a monster on D. Aaron can play at least three positions on D.

This type of thing is probably what I love most about our recruiting class. We will have the ability to throw multiple looks out on the floor. Should be fun to watch.

Aaron should watch tapes of Paul Pressey and Magic.

The more I think about. The more I think Aaron will be our SG. He will create amazing lanes for Travis and Moto.

The other thing that may work is the combination of Devin and Tyler at PF. Devin can go balls to the walls for as long as he can go to bet boards and post play. Then we bring in Tyler to hit the elbow jumper off Aaron's penetration.

The elbow jumper will be open EVERY time Aaron takes the ball to the hole. We should have a drill in practice where everyone takes 20-30 of those shots every day. It will be there.

Back