• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Marshall Wood just picked VaT. Seems like we could of had him but had others higher on our list. I hope we chose wisely.

Marshall Wood just picked VaT. Seems like we could of had him but had others higher on our list. I hope we chose wisely.

Would you pick Wood over Moto, Rountree, and Thomas? Too lazy to dredge up the initial outrage that accompanied the Washington/Wood recruitment... Just saying that there are a lot of haters on this board with 20/20 hindsight. I'm happier with the state of our program than I was 6-months ago. Now it's on Bzz to win a few games in the interim.

NC St might also land Theo Pinson in 2014.

They are compiling talent.

For thise that have seen Roundtree play, could he be a Walt Williams type of player, because Walt played the point some for Maryland, but did not shot it great, and he could guard many positions due to height/length.

Just wondering.

Well, rj that was almost funny. I think Marshall is a good player with good grades and best friends with Andre. I assume we preferred Moto and Cavanaugh. Haven't seen them play so I don't have an opinion about it.

Moto is better than Wood. Travis is better than Wood. What minutes are available at SF for Wood?

Devin is now 6'9 230+. Wood is 6'7, 200. Which would you rather have at PF?

Cuse, ND and others wanted Tyler. He's bigger than Wood and his dad grew in college. Most think He is better than Wood.

Again, Iwould leave it up to Bz and Battlle to make the call on whom to take. Some of you pro- Bz types are overreacting to my rather benign comments.

I'm actually really excited for this class. Any time you get guys who are rising as the recruiting period goes on (CMM, Thomas), that's usually a good sign that the scouting department is doing something right. When you compound that intuition with the ability to beat out major programs like we did for Thomas and Moto... I don't know, I'm really encouraged by our recruiting right now.

If we land McClinton/Gill, every question about our ability to recruit should be considered answered.

ACC coaches asked to give a little blurb on their most notable freshmen. I thought this was interesting because it talked about other aspects of Chase's game than just shooting. Also, Miami's coach talked about Shane Larkin. I had not realized he had transferred to Miami from Depaul. I wonder if he is eligible this season.

Wake Forest coach Jeff [Redacted]
Chase Fischer: "Has been a pleasant surprise. He plays with a lot of maturity and poise. Doesn't get rattled. He is a big-time shooter and is a very good passer."

Didn't people around here not want Marshall Wood when news about him first game out???

I don't know. I liked what I had heard about him but think Moto was a better get and Cavanaugh may be as well.

I don't know. I liked what I had heard about him but think Moto was a better get and Cavanaugh may be as well.

Yeah I went back in this thread and looked around, but nobody really talked about him that much. I could have sworn that on another thread or two that people were really slamming us going after him.

Well if this relatively minor issue caused a blacklash, I can't wait for the results of the Hargrave vs. Oak Hill battle tonight to stir the passions even further.

Well if this relatively minor issue caused a blacklash, I can't wait for the results of the Hargrave vs. Oak Hill battle tonight to stir the passions even further.

Is anyone going to or watching this game? Some updates/reports from the game would be much appreciated.

I saw on the other board that some posters plan to be there. Also, a friend on mine plans to attend.

Back