• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

rj I think he had 16 in the first scrimmage. It sounds like he did really well in the 2nd scrimmage as well but never saw any point totals for that one. Don't think he played in the last scrimmage.

I hope Andre plays more. I would have liked to see him play against Hammons.

Wonder what Codi's final stats were.

He's got some big kid going to Purdue that is like 6'11 250 playing in front of him so doubt he gets a ton of playing time against opponents like Oak Hill. He'll have to put in work getting bigger but i've heard he' Ty with a 100x better attitude and big man demeanor. He'll be a good one in a few years.

CMM is just a stud, everyone who has seen him recently agrees. WF got a good one in him. Think Hargrave has him and the UCLA guy more running a PG by committee type system.

The guy that's going to Purdue plays for Oak Hill. Buggs and Harrell are on Dre's team.

Got ya, thanks for the correction. I got confused on some other posts I read and was to lazy to look up the rosters. Thanks for the help. And from the reports I read on the NCSU boards Lewis did most of his damage at the free throw line off stupid hacks by the bigs. Think he was only 3-6 from the field. Said he and CMM weren't really matched up though. I'm worried about how Lewis will handle a bigger, stronger guard like CMM when he is forced to play him man to man and when said stronger guard is going balls to the wall to defend him. Glad we picked up Purvis.

Got ya, thanks for the correction. I got confused on some other posts I read and was to lazy to look up the rosters. Thanks for the help. And from the reports I read on the NCSU boards Lewis did most of his damage at the free throw line off stupid hacks by the bigs. Think he was only 3-6 from the field. Said he and CMM weren't really matched up though. I'm worried about how Lewis will handle a bigger, stronger guard like CMM when he is forced to play him man to man and when said stronger guard is going balls to the wall to defend him. Glad we picked up Purvis.

Lewis does get a lot of foul calls that he won't get in the ACC.

Unc got Brice Johnson over Fla. and NCSt. Earlier they got J.James almost any program in the country would be thrilled to have these two big men but they were back-ups for the heels.

Unc got Brice Johnson over Fla. and NCSt. Earlier they got J.James almost any program in the country would be thrilled to have these two big men but they were back-ups for the heels.

Wishing this guy went to NCSU or UF... I have a burning hatred for UNC.

UNC is still recruiting TJ Warren and Roscoe Allen. I think State gets Warren. They have I. Hicks for 2013 and probably will get Nate Britt over stiff competition.

Just dealing with the latest information. Sounds like Devin Thomas may be a help at the C postion, while Andre appears to be a long term project. Codi sounds like an impact player from day one but may play more shooting guard than previously thought. Raises new questions about who we may want to target for 2013.

I think we should take the best guard we can get (whether PG, SG, or CG) and a center.

UNC is still recruiting TJ Warren and Roscoe Allen. I think State gets Warren. They have I. Hicks for 2013 and probably will get Nate Britt over stiff competition.

don't think UNC is recruiting either anymore and is now done for 2012. TJ Warren should decide soon (NCSU or Georgetown). Considering his dad went to state, I would be pretty surprised to see him go elsewhere.

Yeah, Unc is likely done for now. If UNC loses 3 or 4 early outs to the NBA then Syracuse has got more talent than anyone.

I just had a talk with a talent scout about our recruiting class. I will post some of his thoughts:

Codi - Top 50 - 75 player. Best college position is shooting guard. Will need to improve shot selection. Strong, athletic with good hops, not super quick.

Moto - Top 75 - 100. Very athletic, physical , a bit raw offensively.

Thomas - Top 75 - 100. Could be the best of the group, really likes his game.

Cavanaugh - only saw him once but really likes his game as well.

Roundtree- good Point Forward, not sure of his college position.

Andre - long way to go

Just wanted to post the bottomline. If anybody wants more details PM me.

NCSU is in the running for Warren, White, and Jefferson. I think they will get two of those 3, and will have a real good class.

Back