• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Bob Gibbons comments on the game

Oak Hill Academy – Hargrave Military Academy Scrimmage
In a somewhat error prone scrimmage, Oak Hill Academy, despite committing 20 turnovers, bested Hargrave Military Academy 96-87. The scrimmage was actually divided into two separatemini-game halves, and a third 12-minute running clock segment. Oak Hill came from behind to capture the first half 49-45. The Warriors won the second half 47-42. The third segment ended in a 16-16 tie.
UCLA bound, 6-5 WF Jordan Adams again led Oak Hill with 29 points. N.C. State commit, 5-11 Tyler Lewis had an impressive outing with 18 points, including 10-13 free throws, and 10 assists. 6-3 2G D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera (Georgetown), had a good all-around game with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 steals. Purdue recruit, 7-0 A. J. Hammons tallied 16 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Uncommitted 6-5 G/F Jordan Tebbutt contributed 13 points. Memphis recruit, 6-6 G/F Damien Wilson did not play for disciplinary reasons.

For Hargrave Louisville commit, 6-6 WF Ryan Taylor was the top scorer in the event with 30 points, and 11 rebounds. Wake Forest recruit, 6-3 PG Codi Miller-McIntyre had an outstanding game with 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists. Rebounding machine, 6-8 PF Montrezl Harrell
(Virginia Tech), had 11 points, 12 rebounds. 6-8 PF/C Charles Buggs had 7 points, 7 rebounds.
Future Wake Forest player, 7-0 Anthony Washington had a “quiet game” with 6 points, 4 rebounds. The biggest surprise of the scrimmage was the stellar play of “sixth man,” 6-3 1/2G
Ambrose Mosley, who compiled 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals for Hargrave. Up to now Mosley has been “under the radar,” with attention from Central Florida, Gardner Webb, and Northern Kentucky. Look for that list to rapidly expand for this Jacksonville, FL, resident.

Just received my report from Rick Lewis - (Phenom Hoops) on his player assessments from the Oak Hill/Hargrave scrimmage. I don't think he would mind me sharing his reviews on our two recruits

Player: 7’0 Andre Washington

Hometown: Roanoke, VA

School: Hargrave

Class: 2012

Verbal: Wake Forest

Evaluation: Washington played very little in the 2 20 minute halves but did manage to make a presence in the extra 12 minute running segment. He finished with 6 points and 4 rebound. He seems to be a long term project/prospect with Wake Forest. One thing for certain, you can’t teach 7’0 and his length.

Player: 6’3 Cody Miller-McIntyre

Hometown: Concord, NC

Evaluation: CMM is a nice blend between a scoring PG and a true SG. While CMM has the ball handling skills to transition into the PG position at the next level, it may be his shooting touch and range that gets him early minutes at Wake Forest. CMM has a strong college ready frame and has sneaky athleticism in terms of leaping ability. He has a quick bounce and he enjoyed a few quality dunks in the game to showcase his athleticism, however he does not have “blow by” speed in the open court. He seems to be best suited in a half court offense. CMM tallied 20 points for the game and dished out 6 assists. In addition, CMM has a beautiful jumper with outstanding range. He has great lift, elevation, extension and follow through and one can easily see where he can get “on a roll.” The next step in his development will be improved shot selection. He is a volume shooter and did take a few ill advised shots, but without question CMM is a top 75 player nationally and should be a nice compliment to the Wake Forest program.

Just received my report from Rick Lewis - (Phenom Hoops) on his player assessments from the Oak Hill/Hargrave scrimmage. I don't think he would mind me sharing his reviews on our two recruits

Player: 7’0 Andre Washington

Hometown: Roanoke, VA

Evaluation: Washington played very little in the 2 20 minute halves but did manage to make a presence in the extra 12 minute running segment. He finished with 6 points and 4 rebound. He seems to be a long term project/prospect with Wake Forest. One thing for certain, you can’t teach 7’0 and his length.

Player: 6’3 Cody Miller-McIntyre

Hometown: Concord, NC

Evaluation: CMM is a nice blend between a scoring PG and a true SG. While CMM has the ball handling skills to transition into the PG position at the next level, it may be his shooting touch and range that gets him early minutes at Wake Forest. CMM has a strong college ready frame and has sneaky athleticism in terms of leaping ability. He has a quick bounce and he enjoyed a few quality dunks in the game to showcase his athleticism, however he does not have “blow by” speed in the open court. He seems to be best suited in a half court offense. CMM tallied 20 points for the game and dished out 6 assists. In addition, CMM has a beautiful jumper with outstanding range. He has great lift, elevation, extension and follow through and one can easily see where he can get “on a roll.” The next step in his development will be improved shot selection. He is a volume shooter and did take a few ill advised shots, but without question CMM is a top 75 player nationally and should be a nice compliment to the Wake Forest program.

CMM's and JTT's games seem to have some things in common. CMM has a big upside. Can't wait for CMM to get here.

The 2013 class will be interesting. The versatility of our 2012 class allows us to go after almost every position... wouldn't be surprised to take a PG, SG, SF (mainly if its McClinton) or a C.

NCSU doesn't really think we will end up with White. I'd be shocked if T.J. Warren ended up somewhere other than NCSU though.

Maryland lost guard Pe'Shon Howard broke his foot and will be out for up to 3 months plus foreign big man A.Len has not been cleared to plat at this point. Welcome to basketball hades Terps.

Maryland lost guard Pe'Shon Howard broke his foot and will be out for up to 3 months plus foreign big man A.Len has not been cleared to plat at this point. Welcome to basketball hades Terps.

Pe'shon...that's an interesting name.

Wonder if Andre will redshirt. That would open up a 2012 scholly I assume. By all accounts, he will not be ready to contribute much in his first year. Not a knock, but most 7' high schoolers take a bit to grow into their frames. Look at David Weaver from when he was a freshman to 5th year senior. Sounds like Andre has more upside.

Wonder if Andre will redshirt. That would open up a 2012 scholly I assume. By all accounts, he will not be ready to contribute much in his first year. Not a knock, but most 7' high schoolers take a bit to grow into their frames. Look at David Weaver from when he was a freshman to 5th year senior. Sounds like Andre has more upside.

That would not open up a scholarship in 2012.

And he's already prepped for a year, so I doubt he'd be willing to RS, even if he's not ready. (See McFarland, Chas.)

That's really concerning. I thought he was young, not old, for his class. Probably should temper expectations, then.

I sure as hell hope so.

Weaver was never advertised as a particularly good bball player, just very athletic for his size as I recall, which fit into Skip's system. Andre seems to have more hoops skills. I knew he was prepping a year this year, so he is already older, but he seems like a kid who will do what the coaches think is best. If that is what they think, why not take a year to get off to a good start academically, and get a free top notch education in 5 years. All while working out at the ACC level, and having another year to get stronger. He's simply got to get stronger to play at this level. There is no way around it. There are so many centers who suck their first 2 years in college, then come into their own as upperclassmen.

I don't think we really have the luxury of redshirting him. Our front court is not exactly loaded and lets not forget that Thomas will also be a freshman.

Back