• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Does Aaron shoot the ball well enough to be a SG? I like the versatility I have seen but I didn't think he was really a shooter.

When he plays there he will be the primary ballhandler. Most of his scoring will come from penetration and in transition.

When he's on the court, we'll likely have CJ or Chase with him to take the normal shots of a SG.

We have to get over the traditional aspects of positions with Aaron and this is one of his great strengths.

I honestly think Aaron could develop into a good college point guard if he really concentrated on the position. But Aaron does not shoot the ball well enough to be a shooting guard right now.

you are getting caught up in branding versus play. On offense he will be handling the ball. On defenbse he will be covering a SG.

The reason he could be very effective at doing this. The peopel who will cover him won't be used to playing somoenie on the move.

Plus CJ and Chase will be our spot up shooters. They will be taking the threes not Aaron.

With a player like Aaron we have to get over labels and oldfashioned concepts of roles.

Despite the name of the position, being a good outside shooter is not a prerequisite for playing shooting guard.

Despite the name of the position, being a good outside shooter is not a prerequisite for playing shooting guard.

I think Bzz and co. should look at Aaron Rountree's positioning similarly to the way that teams utilize LeBron James/Dwayne Wade/Carmelo Anthony/Jamal Crawford.

I think that's why Rountree and CMM/CJ/Chase are such good backcourt-mates. Pairing a tall-facilitator (who is a creator off of the dribble) with a scoring-first PG who can shoot works well for teams without a traditional pass-first PG. And, it allows you to play solid defense, despite a 3-guard lineup.

Jankovic supposed to decide later this week. Down to Missouri and Florida St.

I was never much of a fan of Jankovic's game. I'm a lot more worried about Andrew White going to NCSt.

Yea, not quite the same thing, although if we hadn't filled up I think we would have been 'in it' until the end.

NC State Purvis and are after Rivera-Smith. White hasn't even set an official visit to State.

Why are you so sure he's going there?

My bad....but still they have Purvis at SG and White hasn't visited.

White has visited NCSt, and can play the 3.

WVU just took a wing commitment today, and Texas already has 5 guys committed for 2012. So I'm not really sure who else is in it besides Kansas (who has other priorities) and Louisville.

Re: Jankovic, when your coaches are telling people you need to work harder and be tougher, that should raise a few red flags. Sounds like he likes to shoot and not much of a dirty work kind of guy.

This class appears to have what I understand is Bzz's stamp on it: good kids, tough, high energy, team players with a pretty decent amount of talent, and a lot of upside. We are going to find out if the new Wake bball "culture" will work at the highest levels. I'm just not sure Jankovic was a good fit for this class, and I definitely think he wasn't the staff's top choice. I wish him well, but it has to be a concern when coaches, who you think would be trying to help their guy get great offers, are calling him out a it. We've got Devin going to a personal trainer to get ready to play in the middle from day 1. Not hearing anything like that from Jankovic.

Back