• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DirecTV NFL Ticket - might be worth a phone call...

You the man DC

Just got off the phone, got 50% off Sunday Ticket, free showtime and Starz for three months and NFL Sunday Ticket to go for free! Fabulous!
Thanks for the heads up!

A friend called them yesterday and complained that he was cancelling because his wife wanted cable since the storms in Raleigh messed up her Kardashians DVR. They gave him $10 off/mo. and free NFL package.

This complaint works more often than you think with Satellite providers - my parents in Tampa use this excuse each and every year and always wind up with a ton of freebies and discounts.

Just got off the phone, got 50% off Sunday Ticket, free showtime and Starz for three months and NFL Sunday Ticket to go for free! Fabulous!
Thanks for the heads up!

Make sure to cancel your starz/showtime in the 3rd month. They'll autobill you for that crap unless you call to cancel. I paid for 2 very expensive months of it when my free trial was up because I didn't pay attention to that. I was able to get one of the months knocked off, but it was a hassle.

I am moving into a new place at the end of the month. Thinking about DirectTV but they do not do internet, is that still correct? Is it too early to call for a 9/30 installation date?

Make sure to cancel your starz/showtime in the 3rd month. They'll autobill you for that crap unless you call to cancel. I paid for 2 very expensive months of it when my free trial was up because I didn't pay attention to that. I was able to get one of the months knocked off, but it was a hassle.

I forgot to cancel mine also when my free trial was up. I called them and told them that I had already cancelled it, but it was still showing up on my bill (desperate move to avoid paying for it obviously). They said, "Sorry for your inconvenience. How about we give you 2 free months of premium movie channels for our apologies?" They didn't cancel it for 3 months after that and of course took it off the bill for the month that I called about. So in the end I got 6 months of free movie channels.

Added to my account for free...BOOM! Big positive rep.

Okay, for one of you guys who got the Sunday Ticket added to your account for free, howabout you add the To-Go portion for $50 (or free if they'll give it to you), don't use it, and I will pay you $150 for exclusive use of it? So not only are you getting it on your TV for free, but you'll net $100 (or $150) on something you don't need. You just can't be in the NY market because I need the Giants to be out-of-market so I can see their games.

Not to thread hijack, but for those of you that have had huge discounts added to your TWC accounts, what have you had to do?

Call and threaten to cancel for DirectTV? I'm thinking I can use this NFL Redzone freebie stuff as leverage.

Do you have to get connected to a certain department?

Not to thread hijack, but for those of you that have had huge discounts added to your TWC accounts, what have you had to do?

Call and threaten to cancel for DirectTV? I'm thinking I can use this NFL Redzone freebie stuff as leverage.

Do you have to get connected to a certain department?

You need to get them to transfer you to the retention department. After getting connected with the retention department ask them for as many promotions your account will allow. TWC sucks balls, so you may have to call them multiple times in order for them to add the discounts/promotions.

Okay, for one of you guys who got the Sunday Ticket added to your account for free, howabout you add the To-Go portion for $50 (or free if they'll give it to you), don't use it, and I will pay you $150 for exclusive use of it? So not only are you getting it on your TV for free, but you'll net $100 (or $150) on something you don't need. You just can't be in the NY market because I need the Giants to be out-of-market so I can see their games.

PMed you. I am not going to use the To-Go portion, so would be happy to trade with you. Check your inbox.

just signed up, got an email with additional $15 off a month. $31.99 a month for 12 months. With NFL Sunday Ticket and HD/DVR.

just signed up, got an email with additional $15 off a month. $31.99 a month for 12 months. With NFL Sunday Ticket and HD/DVR.

Nice. Before they connect you, be sure to find a friend's account number and give it to them. You get $100 and they get $100 in credits on your next bill.

Pretty sure it's $10/month for 10 months...

Wasn't sure how they divided it. I guess if you want to do a value of money calculation for the 10 month return feel free. It's still $100 less out of each pocket.

I just moved into a new house and transferred my Direct TV to the New House and Got NFL Sunday Ticket this year for free. The lady that scheduled my Direct TV Move was very up front telling me that it was free this year and would automatically renew at full price next year. She told me that I would have to cancel the service before August 1, 2012 in order not to be billed for next season.

Just called and told them I was going to switch to Dish Network because it was cheaper and the fact that they have red zone channel included. The lady ended up giving me the free sunday ticket and 6 mos. of starz and showtime for free. Might be worth it to go the competitor angle and mention dish network.

Just got 50% off. My pitch was pretty easy. I've had it since 05, I buy every boxing PPV, MLB Xtra Innings and NASCAR trackpass when it cost and thought it was BS new members were getting it for free. They know that the Sunday Ticket is their selling point. I would definitely have UVerse if it wasn't for the ticket and the fact that I take my xtra dish to every FSU game.

Got the 50% off deal tonight also. Called and asked how much it would cost me to get out of my contract. She told me $200 so I told her I wanted to cancel the service altogether. When she asked why I told her plainly that I was cancelling and my roommate would be calling tomorrow to set it up in his name so we could get the package for free and save a little over a hundred dollars. She put me on hold for a minute and another guy came back on the phone and said he'd "save me all that trouble" and just give me the ticket for half price if I'd stay. Told him that would do it.

Just called them (because I had to end my free trial of Skinemax) and got them to throw in the $20/month off of Sunday Ticket. I was annoyed because when I signed up for DirecTV back in December I specifically asked them if there were any Sunday Ticket deals and they said no.

Back