• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DirecTV NFL Ticket - might be worth a phone call...

Thanks for this thread. I got my wife to call last night, and after about a 20 minute conversation with some retention guy from Idaho (I literally had to feed her Boise State facts during her conversation), we got Sunday Ticket free for the season. We had to threaten to cancel service under her name and renew in mine, plus we subscribe to a billion movie channels currently - I don't know if that helped or not.

So I'm seriously considering signing up for DirectTV.

I currently have TWC. For those of you with both or that have had both, should I or shouldn't I?

How much do you pay a month?

I watch a lot of sports, mainly NFL and am really interested in the NFL Network and associated channels.

i have not had time warner for a couple years but i absolutely hated them. just be diligent when signing up with directtv. they are con artists out the gate but once you are a customer they bend over backwards to keep you around. as far as sports options go you cannot beat them. they have it all. it is great being a boston fan and paying 12 bucks a month for the sports package which gives me the opportunity to watch nesn before and after every game. i would say go with directtv hands down.

i have not had time warner for a couple years but i absolutely hated them. just be diligent when signing up with directtv. they are con artists out the gate but once you are a customer they bend over backwards to keep you around. as far as sports options go you cannot beat them. they have it all. it is great being a boston fan and paying 12 bucks a month for the sports package which gives me the opportunity to watch nesn before and after every game. i would say go with directtv hands down.

The DirecTV bundle they are giving away has really everything I could ever want.

So I'm seriously considering signing up for DirectTV.

I currently have TWC. For those of you with both or that have had both, should I or shouldn't I?

How much do you pay a month?

I watch a lot of sports, mainly NFL and am really interested in the NFL Network and associated channels.

I went from TWC to DirecTV. DO IT.

The service and quality are a million times better. I'm actually paying less now than I did with TWC. The DVR holds about a billion times more content. The web interface and iPad app are pretty great. I can't think of a single thing that TWC was better at.

My girlfriend watches Bravo, E!TV, MTV, HGTV and VH1. Will she be fine?

If I mess with her TV, it will not be good for me :p

One thing. We have our TWC on one tv in the living room currently. We are going to add a TV in the bedroom eventually. How hard will it be to get the satellite on that TV? It's easy enough to get basic cable on any TV you add, but I've heard it is harder for DTV.

One thing. We have our TWC on one tv in the living room currently. We are going to add a TV in the bedroom eventually. How hard will it be to get the satellite on that TV? It's easy enough to get basic cable on any TV you add, but I've heard it is harder for DTV.

Not hard at all. I could be wrong, but I think the install dude just ran the satellite feed through the old TWC digital cable jacks. It may be different if you have an old house or old lines or something. I know DTV requires a certain kind of cable, but mine already had it.

And the channels you mentioned earlier are all on DTV.

Not hard at all. I could be wrong, but I think the install dude just ran the satellite feed through the old TWC digital cable jacks. It may be different if you have an old house or old lines or something. I know DTV requires a certain kind of cable, but mine already had it.

And the channels you mentioned earlier are all on DTV.

Awesome. Now I just need to confirm with the landlord that this is ok.

Does anybody get their internet thru whatever DirecTV offers?

I really prefer not to give Time Warner any money if I can help it, but I'm going to need internet when I move into the new place. Thoughts?

Cheers.

Satellite is basically just a few steps above dial up. You do not want.

Yeah. But I despise Time Warner. Hard.

Just a horrible company. Prefer not to give them a single dime of my money.

I also despise TWC, but the Roadrunner service is admittedly way better than anything that DirecTV or its partners offer. For $30/month for high-speed internet, I can't complain too much.

Yeah, I'm slowly and sadly coming to that realization. Is the Turbo boost upgrade with the extra $10 a month?

Goes from "up to 7 Mbps" to "up to 15 Mbps" in downloading. Far less dramatic increase in uploading.

And I will be playing plenty of games online, so the extra speed will probably be useful.

Dammit. Why are there no viable competitors in Winston? Nobody else even gets above 6 Mbps. Jackasses.

You are screwed if you want to game on anything else. End of story.

Unless you get FIOS in your area, get used to dealing with TWC for internet. Get the turbo boost as well.

Online price I'm getting quoted at is $56 a month for the 2nd best package. Price actually goes up the farther down the feature line you go.

I'm betting they'll do better than that, especially if I'm switching from TWC. What do you guys think?

Back