• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Here Has a Net Worth of Over One Million USD

Do you have a net worth (net of debt you owe) of over $1 million USD

• Yes

Votes: 22 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 92 80.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hope to be there in a decade.

Last edited:
Public poll fail.

Not really assests

But how about 1mm is mortage debt from different properties... Can I get a tax credit?

I am a resounding NO.

I don't think 95% of the people on this board could tell you their net worth anyway, but it's fairly safe to say that it's nowhere near $1M.

Given how the housing market has seen significant equity wiped out, the only real net worth most people have any more is in investments or savings, and if you're under age 40 and have children chances are those numbers are way lower than you think. If you have a mortgage and student loan debt there is a decent chance you have negative net worth.

The average net worth for Americans age 35-44 is roughly 50k.

I am a resounding NO.

I don't think 95% of the people on this board could tell you their net worth anyway, but it's fairly safe to say that it's nowhere near $1M.

Given how the housing market has seen significant equity wiped out, the only real net worth most people have any more is in investments or savings, and if you're under age 40 and have children chances are those numbers are way lower than you think. If you have a mortgage and student loan debt there is a decent chance you have negative net worth.

The average net worth for Americans age 35-44 is roughly 50k.

Ding, ding, WINNER. At this point I'd settle for a net worth of $100k. Course if I die, my wife's net worth shoots up $750k!

Back