• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP - Useless abortion bill more important than jobs

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Once again the GOP shows that they care less about jobs than nonsensical abortion bills.

By the way the scoreboard reads -

Abortion Bills 7
Jobs bills 0

WTG GOP!!!

I just insert "taxes" for "jobs" whenever I read your stuff. And you know that is what we're really talking about. The federal government is not in the business of subsidizing state payrolls. Never has been. But that is what your liberal overlords are proposing. And they are doing it to cull votes next year.

Play another tune johnny...

Absolute and utter Nonsense! Typical RWers, never address the subject, adn make it personal.

Dirk, your've changed

One of my pet peeves about the GOP - focusing on "family" issues when the economy, jobs, the deficit, and foreign policy are all FAR more important.

I thought the Republicans had already allowed a vote on Obama's "Jobs" (a/k/a tax increase) Bill. It didn't pass because it was not good policy.

Does Obama have a plan to create more jobs without taking away from those who create jobs and who already have jobs?

Then the GOP needs to offer some "good" policy. Pretty much any policy that isn't, "no taxes, sit around, hope it fixes itself (but not before next fall)." Any input from the GOP on the jobs issue would be much appreciated, but I think they are more interested in electoral position for 2012 than solving this problem.

Last edited:
if crystal meth were legal I could make a shitload cooking that crap up in my backyard! nevermind the explosions and poison spewing out all over my neighbors, I could employ 2 or 3 helpers to move the stuff!

Absolute and utter Nonsense! Typical RWers, never address the subject, adn make it personal.

Dirk, your've changed

You left the reservation years ago. I'm trying to round you up. I addressed the issue directly. It is not the business of the federal government to subsidize state jobs. And this is being done to buy votes. Call me a liar.

Then the GOP needs to offer some "good" policy. Pretty much any policy that isn't, "no taxes, sit around, hope it fixes itself (but not before next fall)." Any input from the GOP on the jobs issue would be much appreciated, but I think they are more interested in electoral position for 2012 than solving this problem.

As the Dems would be if the roles were reversed. Sad, but true.

What bills did the Democrats block during George W Bush's eight years? He got all his tax cuts passed. He got his war passed. He got his Homeland Security passed. He got his Patriot Act passed. He got his Prescription Drug bill passed. Where was all this 100% Democratic obstructionism like we have from the GOP today when all of these bills were being passed?

What are you talking about? All that was said was if the roles were reversed today Dems would use the same balking strategy that the Republicans are using to gain votes for the election. It had nothing to do with anything you mentioned.

You left the reservation years ago. I'm trying to round you up. I addressed the issue directly. It is not the business of the federal government to subsidize state jobs. And this is being done to buy votes. Call me a liar.

I'd call you a fool, but it's pretty obvious.

This is about the third or fourth time you've been taken by a parody.:D

What are you talking about? All that was said was if the roles were reversed today Dems would use the same balking strategy that the Republicans are using to gain votes for the election. It had nothing to do with anything you mentioned.

Absolutely FALSE!!!

The Dems controlled the House and Senate from 2006-2008 and did not block bills like the GOP has.

the FACT is NO Senate mionority in US history has blocked as many bills from coming to vote as McConnell has.

The FACT is McConnell is #1 and #2 by a wide margin in blocking bills in US history.

What bills did the Democrats block during George W Bush's eight years? He got all his tax cuts passed. He got his war passed. He got his Homeland Security passed. He got his Patriot Act passed. He got his Prescription Drug bill passed. Where was all this 100% Democratic obstructionism like we have from the GOP today when all of these bills were being passed?

Absolutely FALSE!!!

The Dems controlled the House and Senate from 2006-2008 and did not block bills like the GOP has.

the FACT is NO Senate mionority in US history has blocked as many bills from coming to vote as McConnell has.

The FACT is McConnell is #1 and #2 by a wide margin in blocking bills in US history.

Again, last time I am saying this, if the roles were reversed today I believe the Dems would use the same strategy. If the roles were reversed today. Has absolutley NOTHING to do with any history. Simply saying if today's roles were reversed. Roles today, reversed. Reverse the roles today. Today the roles are reversed. Get it?

Again, last time I am saying this, if the roles were reversed today I believe the Dems would use the same strategy. If the roles were reversed today. Has absolutley NOTHING to do with any history. Simply saying if today's roles were reversed. Roles today, reversed. Reverse the roles today. Today the roles are reversed. Get it?

so historical evidence of a political party has no bearing? how so?

Back