• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Right, but with Lambert is was working better than it was with Knorr. Knorr should have seen that it wasn't working and considered a change.

A change that came from up top?

I wouldn't consider it excuses, I'd consider it logic. By the way, nothing you say on this board have any effect on the program, so lulz at the thought that my "excuses aren't helping this program".

Despite the struggles of the last few seasons, Grobe has proven he can get it done. He needs to make changes on his staff, not sure how many times I need to say that before it sinks in with you. But blowing it up has A LOT OF DOWNSIDE, and not much upside. Despite the delusional unicorn fantasy land that you live in, Wake is not going to be a perennial 9-win team. During Grobe's tenure he's shown that we can be a 7-win program. That's realistic and he should be accountable to that. He'll need to make changes to make that happen, but he's done it before.

Your logic is that Grobe has won bowl games here and that no one else can? That's not going to do it. I don't see why you're so afraid of losing a 5 win program with terrible assistant coaches and unhappy players. The literal max upside or potential of a new hire is undefeated and a national championship, and the downside is a losing a coach who can guarantee at least 2 wins a season with a boring playing style and the worst recruiting classes in the ACC. Are you scared that if we fire Grobe, somehow we're going to retroactively lose our 2006 ACC Championship? I can promise you that won't happen.

Your logic is that Grobe has won bowl games here and that no one else can? That's not going to do it. I don't see why you're so afraid of losing a 5 win program with terrible assistant coaches and unhappy players. The literal max upside or potential of a new hire is undefeated and a national championship, and the downside is a losing a coach who can guarantee at least 2 wins a season with a boring playing style and the worst recruiting classes in the ACC. Are you scared that if we fire Grobe, somehow we're going to retroactively lose our 2006 ACC Championship? I can promise you that won't happen.

I agree and it's not just the wins. The enthusiasm with the program has completely deflated. The Vanderbilt game was the only game I went to this year and I knew not many people would be there but it was a Caldwell environment in there. You could hear the cheerleaders cheering. Wake might not be a prestigious program but we aren't helpless. Other small schools have done it and are doing it, as evidenced with Vanderbilt this season.

There is no lunacy in expecting consistent bowl games from Wake. Grobe started the trend but he isn't cutting it anymore. I still think he deserves 1 more season to correct things but not much more after that.

I have no doubt that Wake will be good again in football but it might not be under Grobe.

Not really scared of that because that doesn't make sense. You're assuming that Grobe can never win again, which is ludicrous. A few down seasons doesn't mean he can't win again.

Sure, hiring a coach could potentially lead to an undefeated national championship season. The chances of this actually happening are... not good. The chances of Ron Wellman hiring a top-notch coach is... not good. I think our best shot at getting back to 7 wins is with Grobe, not taking some chance on an unknown coach with all of the disruption that comes with head coach turnover.

I'm not totally against giving Grobe for another season, i'm just against the notion that he deserves it. You lay in the bed you make, Grobe choose to pin his job security to inept assistant coaches and it's about time he show more loyalty to Wake Forest then those coaches.

I'm not totally against giving Grobe for another season, i'm just against the notion that he deserves it. You lay in the bed you make, Grobe choose to pin his job security to inept assistant coaches and it's about time he show more loyalty to Wake Forest then those coaches.

This is how I feel. No more excuses for Lobo. Knorr did not get the job done. I'd love to see us target some semi-relevant names out there that could inject a little energy to replace them as coordinators.

Not really scared of that because that doesn't make sense. You're assuming that Grobe can never win again, which is ludicrous. A few down seasons doesn't mean he can't win again.

Sure, hiring a coach could potentially lead to an undefeated national championship season. The chances of this actually happening are... not good. The chances of Ron Wellman hiring a top-notch coach is... not good. I think our best shot at getting back to 7 wins is with Grobe, not taking some chance on an unknown coach with all of the disruption that comes with head coach turnover.

You're assuming Grobe can catch lightning in a bottle again. I don't think that hope is worth the frustration this program is causing it's few fans. Grobe built something great here, there is no reason to let him tear it down, he's doesn't own the program, he's just a caretaker for it. You hire a landscaper to turn your dirt yard into a beautiful garden and give him a raise when he does it quickly, that doesn't mean you don't fire him when he stops doing his job and your lawn is dirt again. This is not a friend who did us a favor, it's an employee who has been doing a shit job for 4 years.

The argument that Jim should stay because he has done the best at Wake grinds my gears. It does not matter what he's done in the past. It's about the present and the future. It's awesome he won the championship. But saying he deserves to stay because he's been better than anybody we've had is bogus. Like I said, it's about the present and the future, not the past. And the present was a steaming pile of dog crap and the future doesn't look any brighter.

This is how I feel. No more excuses for Lobo. Knorr did not get the job done. I'd love to see us target some semi-relevant names out there that could inject a little energy to replace them as coordinators.

What are some of the names you'd like to see considered?

I'm assuming that most coordinators that people have heard of would not come be a coordinator at Wake as they'd consider that a step down.

The argument that Jim should stay because he has done the best at Wake grinds my gears. It does not matter what he's done in the past. It's about the present and the future. It's awesome he won the championship. But saying he deserves to stay because he's been better than anybody we've had is bogus. Like I said, it's about the present and the future, not the past. And the present was a steaming pile of dog crap and the future doesn't look any brighter.

Edit: Decided against getting into an argument.

Kristopher J Redding ‏@KrisRedding

Tired of being embarrassed to say I play where I do...I work too hard for this...we work too hard for this...

I would accept Grobe having another season, but his seat better be made of fucking magma. And thats only if the rest of the coaching staff is either moved or replaced. Galloway could use a promotion, Him might given another year. The others need to go.

Edit: Decided against getting into an argument.

I wanna hear it. I can't possibly think that people believe he should stay because of what he's done, not what he's doing. But this is wake forest. And one big time school understands its about the present & future, not the past: Auburn.

I wanna hear it. I can't possibly think that people believe he should stay because of what he's done, not what he's doing. But this is wake forest. And one big time school understands its about the present & future, not the past: Auburn.

Don't feed the shill.

We haven't done jack since we switched to the 3-4 defense using a small (albeit talented and our best leader by far) nose guard.

Damn, that Kris Redding tweet was pretty brutal. These players obviously have lost their filter, so who knows what is about to happen.

I would accept Grobe having another season, but his seat better be made of fucking magma. And thats only if the rest of the coaching staff is either moved or replaced. Galloway could use a promotion, Him might given another year. The others need to go.

Does he really? I have never seen a Wide Receiving corps drop more easy passes, and put the ball on the turf once tackled. Worst set of hands at Wake, I have ever seen (excluding camp).

Damn, that Kris Redding tweet was pretty brutal. These players obviously have lost their filter, so who knows what is about to happen.

Kris is a great guy - my kids and I met him and his girlfriend. So, if he is that upset, then the entire program is minutes away from imploding.

Does he really? I have never seen a Wide Receiving corps drop more easy passes, and put the ball on the turf once tackled. Worst set of hands at Wake, I have ever seen (excluding camp).

I think you're substituting "Sherman Ragland III" for "Wide Receiver Corps". Remember, Camp was out 3 games and still got 79 receptions, and is #1 in the ACC in that category. Ragland might not be able to catch, but he's running routes well (minus a couple stupid mistakes, like falling). The others can actually catch it looks like, but they're not as athletic as SRIII or Camp.

Not to mention, the WRs really blocked well when you think about it. They used their size to their advantage.

Galloway isn't the issue.

Back