• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Also players at colleges all over the country do stuff where they reach out to students and try to get the name out there. Duke does those stupid videos and posters before the season that everyone laughs at. My friends at Carolina always talk about the players partying with them on Franklin Street.

Does anyone want to argue that positive interactions between the basketball team and students within the Wake community (both on and off campus) would have a negative impact on our basketball team? Also do you guys think that it's too much to ask players to put a little bit of effort into cultivating the community that they live within? There's no right or wrong answer to these questions, I'm just legitimately curious.

I don't know why they wouldn't listen. I'm not saying they do or are currently framing my advice and praying to it as their deity, I just don't know why they would discard information they received from people who actually go to games. If you want more people to go to games, you want to see why people who do go to games go. You also want to ask students who have friends who don't go to games why their friends don't go to games, and how to get their friends to actually go to games.

I'm sure there's some good business moral in this story somewhere about using all possible pieces of information to make an informed decision moving forward, but maybe not.

Why don't your friends go to games? Is it because we suck? Or is it because they don't get to play XBOX with guys on the team?

Yes. The players will think about this as a business decision. Very likely.

I'm not talking about the players, I'm talking about the information that marketing receives from people who actually attend games on why they go and how likely they are to increase student population at these games. Why throw away any information you could receive on the topic that might provide even the smallest amount of insight. Any insight they receive that helps in the future is better than doing nothing.

Also players at colleges all over the country do stuff where they reach out to students and try to get the name out there. Duke does those stupid videos and posters before the season that everyone laughs at. My friends at Carolina always talk about the players partying with them on Franklin Street.

Does anyone want to argue that positive interactions between the basketball team and students within the Wake community (both on and off campus) would have a negative impact on our basketball team? Also do you guys think that it's too much to ask players to put a little bit of effort into cultivating the community that they live within? There's no right or wrong answer to these questions, I'm just legitimately curious.

If they players want to do that on their own then fantastic.
Don't force the players to listen to shit that they may not even want to hear, especially with 7/11 of our team being freshman that haven't even experienced a day of college yet.

This is insane. I'm out of this one for the night.

Why don't your friends go to games? Is it because we suck? Or is it because they don't get to play XBOX with guys on the team?

Most of my friends do go, the ones who don't just don't care about sports or have work to do. My only point is if you're a freshman, you just get on campus and a guy from the basketball team helps you move your stuff in and then you see it's Travis McKie then you might be more inclined to say "hey I know that guy, he helped me move my stuff in the first day I was here, I don't really know anyone here yet, I'll go see him play basketball and then go get wasted afterwards".

I don't think that's implausible. I also seem to remember Prosser liked to get out with the team and help freshmen move in. It might not help at all, but it doesn't hurt.

Outreach might help if we were mediocre, but we aren't even that. Going to basketball games is no fun right now, forcing Travis McKie to help people move isn't going to change that.

NOTE: The players will talk to students*!

*must be a hot girl

I'll take BSD selling out for $1000, Alex.

Disgusting.

Oh, and doofus. Please make it a little bit more obvious that you want a job with the AD. Thanks!

I have no idea how you garnered that from the things I have written on this thread. Also, in no way has BSD sold out. I know for a fact that most writers there disagree with the post today but feel free to think whatever the heck you want without facts. Just because we aren't laughing at everything that goes on doesn't mean that we don't care or have sold out. Ish, Martin and Numbers have been some of the biggest opposers of [Redacted]

If you disagree then read some of their posts from basketball season or their Twitter account's and then come back to me.

Attendance/revenue driver.. Buzz in a dunking booth after every game. $100 a ball.

Every little bit counts.

I have no idea how you garnered that from the things I have written on this thread. Also, in no way has BSD sold out. I know for a fact that most writers there disagree with the post today but feel free to think whatever the heck you want without facts. Just because we aren't laughing at everything that goes on doesn't mean that we don't care or have sold out. Ish, Martin and Numbers have been some of the biggest opposers of [Redacted]

If you disagree then read some of their posts from basketball season or their Twitter account's and then come back to me.

That would be too much work, 27. Better to make unfounded generalizations... Facepalm

That would be too much work, 27. Better to make unfounded generalizations... Facepalm

FFS, give it a rest. We all know the doofus wants a job with the AD. Look at his posts. They just drip with AD dick sucking and completely mimic another person we all know, Nazt.

Good luck getting that job, doofus.

I'm not talking about the players, I'm talking about the information that marketing receives from people who actually attend games on why they go and how likely they are to increase student population at these games. Why throw away any information you could receive on the topic that might provide even the smallest amount of insight. Any insight they receive that helps in the future is better than doing nothing.

You are the wrong people to talk to....quite frankly, you guys would go even if R. Kelly was pissing on you all game. This was PR/lip service from sports marketing/AD to get you to write nice things.

If they really were interested in increasing attendance, why not ask the people who are not going? Oh, and LOL at making Travis (et al) help students move in! (good thing this idea didn't come out when he was on the fence about transferring!)

Last edited:
I completely disagree with that statement. They really want to hear our thoughts and ideas since they want to do what they can. I was sitting next to Jeff Nix during the dinner. He was great to talk to and he and the other coaches completely understand that attendance is drive by performance. Coach [Redacted] actually wants some of the SD's to come and talk to the players. They want the players to take their headphones off and to interact with the student body more than they currently do. While he and the other coaches already tell the players this he thinks that he will have more of an impact if it is coming from other students. Mike Lepore also brought a packet with ideas for the new intro and shirts.
Good to hear about Nix, he seems like a great hire. Lepore's a good guy. Unfortunately Wake lost a lot with Geoff Lassiter moving to the Dash.

Sure hope one of those freshies has something heavy..... Can't wait for an injury....

:wtftard:

Our students are in the library during Saturday football games and any basketball game. Go to the library to get some feedback, maybe set up a practice court heli-pad style on top of the library (haha I kid).

Aaargh - can someone talk to Buzz about the situation at Indiana? This is infuriating that people keep bringing it up - there are zero similarities.

Back