• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Yeah Simmons sounds like such a clown. I think fan participation in stuff like that is crucial. Obvi we'll have to run it by that jerk Mr. Ickman EW

Wait... I don't even have to ask you guys to be on just go straight to the Big Boss? I'm golden.

I do actually have a good radio voice if you want to have me on.

It would be awesome if we could have people like you, RJ, DV7 and Irish on at different times (or the same time), and do a First Take format where we debate.

It would be awesome if we could have people like you, RJ, DV7 and Irish on at different times (or the same time), and do a First Take format where we debate.

No need for the manufactured Skip Bayless vs. somebody else style stuff. Just genuine conversations between folks would be interesting.

No need for the manufactured Skip Bayless vs. somebody else style stuff. Just genuine conversations between folks would be interesting.

Agreed. I think that would bring a lot of people in if we did 30 minute segments once a week.

i'm much better with college football than I am basketball. I can even make an impassioned defense as to why it isn't Lobo's fault we are terrible on offense!

i'm much better with college football than I am basketball. I can even make an impassioned defense as to why it isn't Lobo's fault we are terrible on offense!

Dude. We can all agree, no one wants to hear about that.

We lose @ NCSU and @ FSU next year, but get a nice win in front of touchdown Jesus. What say ye?

W-Liberty, Duke, Army, UMD, BC, UVA, ND, UNC, Vandy

L-FSU, NCSU, Clemson

We lose @ NCSU and @ FSU next year, but get a nice win in front of touchdown Jesus. What say ye?

W-Liberty, Duke, Army, UMD, BC, UVA, ND, UNC, Vandy

L-FSU, NCSU, Clemson

I do not think we will win in South Bend, but I think we have a good chance at taking down Clemson. The game is on a Thursday night at home... no students have any reason to miss it. None have plans (except maybe homework), and nobody should already have gone home. I think we'll see some outstanding student attendance.

Other fans, I'm a little worried about.

We usually do pretty well at home, so I hope that trend continues.

Other fans will be out in force for that game. I might do a half-day just to get in my quota of tailgating that week. I'm pretty sure that is federally mandated.

Other fans will be out in force for that game. I might do a half-day just to get in my quota of tailgating that week. I'm pretty sure that is federally mandated.

I hope so. I know most people on these boards will if they can.

Being a student, I'd love everyone to be there. Notre Dame last year was freaking incredible even though we lost, as was the FSU game. We have better fans than people give us credit for.

Did not realize we had Clemson on Thursday. I had them in the win column originally, but flipped them to a loss. I think we can go 10-2 at best 7-5 at worst so I decided to go 9-3. I am not sure who is going to be #3, but I believe it will be one of UNC, Clemson, or UVA. I think our guys will be amped to play in South Bend and bring home a big win.

Last time we got Clemson on Thursday, their coach was fired four days later (the Bowden family must hate us).

I recall attendance was pretty good. Sweet Apache flyover too.

Did not realize we had Clemson on Thursday. I had them in the win column originally, but flipped them to a loss. I think we can go 10-2 at best 7-5 at worst so I decided to go 9-3. I am not sure who is going to be #3, but I believe it will be one of UNC, Clemson, or UVA. I think our guys will be amped to play in South Bend and bring home a big win.

After our games vs. Syracuse, Clemson and Duke last season I am simply not convinced we can win on the road against REALLY good football teams. Granted, I heard ND is hurting, so maybe its possible. But my initial assumption is that they're going to simply be more adapted to the environment, have an enormous crowd on their side... Coaches have to keep some energy in our boys when we go there.

I feel like we'll fare better in Tallahassee although we probably won't win.

Also: yes, we beat Duke. But it was fucking Duke. By one point. Really?.. Still shaking my head at how absurdly close that was.

After our games vs. Syracuse, Clemson and Duke last season I am simply not convinced we can win on the road against REALLY good football teams. Granted, I heard ND is hurting, so maybe its possible. But my initial assumption is that they're going to simply be more adapted to the environment, have an enormous crowd on their side... Coaches have to keep some energy in our boys when we go there.

I feel like we'll fare better in Tallahassee although we probably won't win.

Also: yes, we beat Duke. But it was fucking Duke. By one point. Really?.. Still shaking my head at how absurdly close that was.

Baring an injury we would have beaten Syracuse.

Hey guys, I like the random discussion on this thread, but lets try to keep it WFU related tweets and commentary on those only please.

Feel free to start another thread to discuss podcasts, the football season, etc.

Baring an injury we would have beaten Syracuse.

We kinda fucked up bad in the 4th though. I think we were just tired on the road.

--
edit,
Hey guys, I like the random discussion on this thread, but lets try to keep it WFU related tweets and commentary on those only please.

Feel free to start another thread to discuss podcasts, the football season, etc.

Sorry COD, just read that.

Of course you feel that way. You would be invited to spout your opinions to the basketball team. It is entirely self-serving for you to feel that way.

Do you graduate this month too? I honestly have no idea if you do or not (I don't think I've met you in person). But why would they listen to you next year if you are gone after this semester?

No I don't. I'm a junior so I'll be back next year. Also let me clarify something. Talking in front of the players is not my idea nor have I asked to do that. That was [Redacted]'s idea and I have no intentions of asking to lecture the players. I don't think that me telling the players what they should do will do anything. Obviously if coach asks some screamin demons to talk with the players then I'll go since I want to do whatever I can to help. But I'm politicking to try and give a speech to the players so I don't think my comments were self serving.

Did Bz tell everyone to actually lecture players? Or just interact more?

I've noticed they tend to keep to themselves.

Back