• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

After our games vs. Syracuse, Clemson and Duke last season I am simply not convinced we can win on the road against REALLY good football teams. Granted, I heard ND is hurting, so maybe its possible. But my initial assumption is that they're going to simply be more adapted to the environment, have an enormous crowd on their side... Coaches have to keep some energy in our boys when we go there.

I feel like we'll fare better in Tallahassee although we probably won't win.

Also: yes, we beat Duke. But it was fucking Duke. By one point. Really?.. Still shaking my head at how absurdly close that was.

I went to that game--we completely dominated the first half, but only were ahead 17-0 before letting them kick that late field goal that gave them momentum. Came out flatter than a pancake for the second half, and Camp had just about the worst case of the drops I've ever seen that day.

I went to that game--we completely dominated the first half, but only were ahead 17-0 before letting them kick that late field goal that gave them momentum. Came out flatter than a pancake for the second half, and Camp had just about the worst case of the drops I've ever seen that day.

We were completely putrid in the second half and were extremely lucky that we had Chris Givens to save us.

I expect the Duke game to be close every year. We haven't blown them out since 04.

We were completely putrid in the second half and were extremely lucky that we had Chris Givens to save us.

Duke head coach Cutcliffe got all SMUG at half time and mentioned how they (Duke) should be having no problem moving the ball with "what they (WF) are showing us up front." His tone was of disgust and almost like he could not believe the mighty Duke Blue Devils with their occasional 4 star recruits and Peyton Manning sightings could possibly be losing to LOWF.

I do have to agree we look even smaller up front this year - so - smoke and mirrors?

Duke head coach Cutcliffe got all SMUG at half time and mentioned how they (Duke) should be having no problem moving the ball with "what they (WF) are showing us up front." His tone was of disgust and almost like he could not believe the mighty Duke Blue Devils with their occasional 4 star recruits and Peyton Manning sightings could possibly be losing to LOWF.

I do have to agree we look even smaller up front this year - so - smoke and mirrors?

Well, he wasn't wrong. Our real problems were on offense in that second half though. IIRC we had maybe one first down other than the Chris Givens catch.

DaveTelep
When Mike Conley was in HS visited Wake w/Oden and DCook. Wake was close. Bet CP influence didn't hurt either now they're on opposite ends

We know Dave, WE KNOW.

DaveTelep
When Mike Conley was in HS visited Wake w/Oden and DCook. Wake was close. Bet CP influence didn't hurt either now they're on opposite ends

We know Dave, WE KNOW.

I think he means opposite ends of the court playing each other and not that Wake is not the same program anymore

I think he means opposite ends of the court playing each other and not that Wake is not the same program anymore

I know ctdeac, I KNOW.

jk, I was talking about how close we were to OCC. We had WANTED posters man.

Joshua Harris ‏ @JoshHarris25
Just raced Prime in the 10.. He CHEATED!!! Jumped early every time!! But claims he won. Video coming soon.

Deion Sanders Jr ‏ @DeionSandersJr
Just saw my dad @DeionSanders and @JoshHarris25 race. Pure Comedy!

Yikes. I love Deion, but I'm not sure how I feel about him being so involved with Josh..

@TyWalker40 next week....we'll be graduates...woot woot!!!

@southern_bellah yes we will! What are your plans for after?

@TyWalker40 i have a couple of prerequisites to take before i start a doctorate program for physical therapy...wbu??

@southern_bellah I begin my professional basketball career

for a minute i read that as ty walker was about to get his doctorate and this other chick was about to play pro ball. then my head asploded.

i'm back now and realize that ty will be playing in some 3rd rate league somewhere and southern bellah is likely a smart chick. all is right in the world.

Those videos were hilarious. Deion saying these kids with their Under Armor and they were all imitating me when they were in their underoos.

for a minute i read that as ty walker was about to get his doctorate and this other chick was about to play pro ball. then my head asploded.

i'm back now and realize that ty will be playing in some 3rd rate league somewhere and southern bellah is likely a smart chick. all is right in the world.

Seriously. People need to start formatting the tweets better when they post them.

Seriously. People need to start formatting the tweets better when they post them.

Sorry. Just a copy and paste directly from twitter.

I thought everyone knew that "@DistrictDeacon" before the message means the tweet is being sent to that person.

Muh bad.

Back