• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Ugh, this is not the week to have Ricky Weeks on the bench. Dude is on fire....need to squeeze as much out of him as possible before he gets hurt...

And Morse.....wow.

I have never been a big Weeks fan. Not only because as you say he is a health risk, but he strikes out a ton for someone that is not a big bat.

I have never been a big Weeks fan. Not only because as you say he is a health risk, but he strikes out a ton for someone that is not a big bat.

Well he was a big bat in 2010 (hit 29 bombs), then really really jacked his ankle up in 2011, and that stayed with him into 2012. He hit 13 of his 21 homers last year after the all star break. Worth taking a flyer out on him for myself, because 2B is just so bleh this year.....if he returns somewhere close to 2010 and puts up a 25/80/8015/.270 mark, then he'll be worth his 910 price tag as a 2B. He couldn't ask for better protection, hitting in front of Braun, just needs to somehow stay healthy....

Obviously we are only a few days in, but my 6 HR to the leaders' 11 is the only category that is starting to concern me a little...

I see that they have the overall rankings and the player distribution up & running now. I'm not off to a very good start, but it is so very early that the numbers really don't mean anything. We haven't even had the 2nd start for our SPs yet. Hopefully, that's where I can regain some ground this weekend on those guys with Darvish.

ETA: I'm the only guy in my league who has Albert Pujols. Can't afford another slow start from him at that price.

The pitching stats for my Gold League are amazing. (I know that a lot of the same pitchers are going) There is only 1 team with an era over 2. I am in 24th in whip. My whip is 1.015 Sure would like to have that number at the end of the year.

Darvish getting a second start this week...ouch

Darvish getting a second start this week...ouch

Should have been the damn case all along. 5th starter gets squeezed out if the #1 or #2 guy is rested and ready to go, bleh....oh well.

Tigers signed Valverde to a minor league contract.....is that their answer to the bullpen problems?

Should have been the damn case all along. 5th starter gets squeezed out if the #1 or #2 guy is rested and ready to go, bleh....oh well.

Tigers signed Valverde to a minor league contract.....is that their answer to the bullpen problems?

It has been a train wreck with Darvish this week. I'm going to cut myself some slack. As you have brought up...look at the bungling in Detroit, and those guys earn millions to make these decisions.

How about my boy Michael Morse? He hit number 4 today. He is on pace for 162 home runs! lol

I saw that. I checked to see how many teams had him on their roster, and it was actually a few more than I thought....between 15% & 20%.

I also checked out the roster for the overall leader in the Gold Leagues now. He is in your league #1..."HastaLaVictoriaSempre". He is an example of why the standings mean absolutely nothing right now. He's the overall leader in the 4th day...and he has 16 SPs, only 3 closers...and only 3 total hitters on his bench.

I was a little shocked when Washington got rid of Morse. They went with Worth and LaRoche instead. Both those guys are locked in at their positions while Morse can play both. I dropped him after the trade, but he went right back to tearing the cover off the ball in ST. Maybe it was a defensive thing, they have lots of offense and Worth can really cover some ground in that big field.

That might be the guy I was talking about earlier. Chapman would give him 17 starters. I thought that guy only had 1 hitter (Desmond) on the bench. I'll have to go back and look. And of course you are right. My excellent whip having me in 24th place is yet another example. Week 3-4 is where things start to shake out a little bit. Not that I need to make moves at that point, but my strengths and weaknesses start to show.

Chris Davis is smoking the cover off the ball...

That doesn't surprise me. We talked a little about him this spring. I got burnt on him twice when he was at Texas. Nothing worse than having a sleeper get sent back down. This could be his year, and at a decent price. Some guys are really hard to predict...you know they will make it, but it's all about Fantasy value.

Glad I didn't have Hamilton in this week. Along with Pujols they have been terrible. I am a little surprised that I alone have Hamilton this year. Not certain why nobody took him when everybody had him last year. His price tag only went up 170k after leading all OF's with 128 rbi's. He also had 43 HR's which tied him with Granderson for the most by an OF. Batting 4th instead of 3rd could be one reason. The ball park is not that big of deal when you have that kind of power. Some may have felt living in LA could be dangerous for a recovering addict. Unless he really turns it around this weekend he will stay on the bench. Besides, I really need to get CarGo in my lineup.

Another monster day for him. Just hit a GS, and he's now batting .600.

The good thing for us is that only 2 gold teams out of 125 have him in the lineup....and only 10 rookie teams out of 150.

Yeah I just went and looked....nobody in my gold league, but i bet that changes next week...

I can understand why a lot of people didn't take Hamilton. Why spend that kind of money for a potential problem when there were other options? That guy's body is a lot older than his years. Another reason is that hitting in Texas is a lot easier than hitting in LA. Hamilton isn't going to sniff 43 HRs there...even if he's healthy and doesn't do his usual DL time. At least that's the way I saw it. What doesn't make any sense is that I did the same thing...with even more money...with Pujols....when there were many options at first base! I'm already getting frustrated with him...after only 4 games. I guess what is nagging at me is that, deep down, I know that I shouldn't have done it. You won't find many better parks to hit in during one week than Cincinnati & Texas...and Pujols is hitting .071 so far. And it's not like he didn't pull this same stunt...just a year ago.

ETA: I know it's just a few days, but if I had taken Freeman...like I did at one time....instead of Pujols....I would have saved 540K to use somewhere else & would probably be about 20 positions higher in the standings right now.

My team is trying to gradually stop the early bleeding. I look mostly at the overall standings, rather than league standings, to get a better indication of how I am doing....and I know they still don't mean much at this time. One really good day could probably move you up 25-30 places or so, this early in the season. Anyway, I was down there around #100 yesterday afternoon....really awful. My team hasn't done anything really extraordinary last night & so far this afternoon, but it has at least steadied itself and moved up a little bit. I'm currently 88th in Gold & 61st in Rookie. Still have 7 SP starts this weekend, so things will be interesting, as always!

Only 1 team in my league didn't have Hamilton last year. This year I am the only team that does have him. Those numbers just don't add up. He did lose 20 pounds so that could cost him some power. He did so to try and get his SO's down. I see him about 30 HR's this year. He will ride the pine until he can put some good bats together. Biggest reason I didn't work him in the first week was because he had to go to Texas.

Stings a little seeing Davis play so well. I went the safe route with Votto, Freeman, and Rizzo. That's a pretty good group, so I think that I will be ok. Votto is off to a slow start, but has he ever hit under .300?

Speaking of first baseman, Hosmer went 4 for 5 today. I don't think he has done that since last spring. What is the over under on how many purchases tigerpride will use next week? :)

I've tried my best to convince him not to do that. He has done it every year with Fantrax. I think that last year he was down to about 3 or 4 purchases left before the end of April. And he's off to a bad start this year. I'd put the number for this week at 3 1/2....and that may be conservative.

ETA: Who was that sleeper first baseman from Detroit several years who had about 6 HRs the first week and did almost nothing for most of the rest of the season?

Also, I stand corrected on tigerpride's start. When I looked yesterday he was about 21st in the league. I just checked it again and he is something like 9-37, so he must have had some guys doing something. He may not use that many purchases if he is doing that well at the end of the week.

That was Chris Shelton. He was my sleeper first baseman that year. You gave me a hard time about going with him. He had like 9 home runs in the first 2 weeks. I benched him/then dropped him about the time everyone else picked him up. I think he was back in the minors by August. That was my year, every move I made just seemed to work out. A year like that in Fantrax would=big money.

I really didn't have a good feeling about Stanton this year, but every projection I read said 40+ HR. He will likely be fine, the first week hasn't even ended, but I have no desire to put him in my lineup right now. It came down to him and J. Upton, and I'd have no problem putting Upton in....

I just checked the standings and my teams had jumped up from 84th & 58th to 75th & 47th. I don't what it could have been, if it wasn't Andrelton Simmons' stolen base (my first SB of the year)....because my hitters have gone from 9 for 32 for the day to 11 for 49......2 hits in the last 17 at bats. I suspect, though, that almost nobody's teams are hitting well today.

I had a big jump today too. I haven't checked anything other than team standings this year.

Fantrax claims they have added a 1/2 start pitchers column under the player tab. It doesn't seem to show up for me. That is one thing that i liked about CDM, they would give you a heads up that a pitcher could get a second start. I'm not making excuses, a lot of teams realized that Darvish would most likely get a second start. I need to find a good site that gives more info than just a list.

Back