• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I now have 1 rbi in my last 104 at bats....has to be a new record!

Dropped Harvey this mourning...of course. Can't seem to make good decisions anymore.

Dropped Harvey this mourning...of course. Can't seem to make good decisions anymore.

Sounds like you need to make a fresh start with a mid-season team. I can't access the roto leagues, but from the tone...and rarity...of your posts, I would assume that things aren't going all that well there.

Why don't you try that mid-season points league? There were 25 teams entered this morning. With only a $40 entry fee and a 100% payout (less the $80 Fantrax fee), 1st place is probably going to be around $500....and it's going to pay out 6 or 7 places. You could finish 4th or 5th there and recover all your entry fees for the year. I think you might like the points league even more than the roto, if you give it a try.

There is still plenty of time. If you want me to, I could PM you the guy's name & email address in Texas, if you had any questions you wanted to ask him.....but other than sending the entry fee differently, everything else is exactly the same.

Sounds like you need to make a fresh start with a mid-season team. I can't access the roto leagues, but from the tone...and rarity...of your posts, I would assume that things aren't going all that well there.

Why don't you try that mid-season points league? There were 25 teams entered this morning. With only a $40 entry fee and a 100% payout (less the $80 Fantrax fee), 1st place is probably going to be around $500....and it's going to pay out 6 or 7 places. You could finish 4th or 5th there and recover all your entry fees for the year. I think you might like the points league even more than the roto, if you give it a try.

There is still plenty of time. If you want me to, I could PM you the guy's name & email address in Texas, if you had any questions you wanted to ask him.....but other than sending the entry fee differently, everything else is exactly the same.

I will consider if you agree to watch the game 7 of the NBA west tonight. It is absolutely amazing how good of shooters there are in the NBA. For years we talked about Bird, magic, Jordon, but they couldn't play with these guys. The 3 point line needs to be moved back another 2 foot. It is like the college 3 point line to these guys. Quick releases, guys all over you and it doesn't seem to matter...truly amazing.

I will consider if you agree to watch the game 7 of the NBA west tonight. It is absolutely amazing how good of shooters there are in the NBA. For years we talked about Bird, magic, Jordon, but they couldn't play with these guys. The 3 point line needs to be moved back another 2 foot. It is like the college 3 point line to these guys. Quick releases, guys all over you and it doesn't seem to matter...truly amazing.

LOL. I'd love to see you get in the points league....but not enough to watch an NBA game. Hell, I don't even watch college basketball anymore. No way I'd watch a minute of an NBA game. I have no interest whatsoever in the game of basketball the way it is played today. It's just a circus with no rules now.

LOL. I'd love to see you get in the points league....but not enough to watch an NBA game. Hell, I don't even watch college basketball anymore. No way I'd watch a minute of an NBA game. I have no interest whatsoever in the game of basketball the way it is played today. It's just a circus with no rules now.

I don't think it has changed as much as you suggest. (at least the NBA) However, I know you have your reasons. If anyone was/is as hardheaded as Bob Knight it would be BKF.

I have to pick my player for the open tomorrow mourning. The other 3 guys have already picked and here are the top players left:
Jason Day
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Dustin Johnson
Justin Rose

Who do like out of this group someone else you like?

I have to pick my player for the open tomorrow mourning. The other 3 guys have already picked and here are the top players left:
Jason Day
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Dustin Johnson
Justin Rose

Who do like out of this group someone else you like?

The top 3 guys are still left (Day, McIlroy & Spieth). Hard to believe that three guys picked and all three of the top favorites are still on the board. Personally, I like Jason Day....but you can't go wrong with any one of those three, IMO.

Last edited:
Getting geared up for the Mid-Season league that starts tomorrow night. Should be a lot of fun. 16 weeks for $40.....that's only $2.50/week. You can finish 6th in the league and double your money. 1st place should be at or close to $500. Currently, there are 25 confirmed paid entries & 11 more who have entered but the league commissioner doesn't yet have the $40 entry fee. I questioned this morning why there would be 11 teams who have been listed as entered for a couple of weeks or more whose entry fee had not yet been confirmed by now. He replied that everything would be cleaned up before the first game at 7 PM tomorrow night. He said some of those 11 teams had mailed their entry fee and a few had asked to be removed from the list. I'm guess that the final number of teams in the league will be 30 to 35. Here is the payout again for a 30 & 35-team league:

30 teams - $420, 250, 150, 125, 100, 75

35 teams - $500, 290, 175, 150, 125, 80

It's too late to enter by mailing the entry fee, but anyone who uses paypal can still enter until noon tomorrow.

This is my "opening day" roster for the Mid-Season league. 28 of the 41 players are also on my regular season roster. The 13 players who are not on my regular season roster are in bold:

C - Lucroy, Ramos
1B - Ortiz, Goldschmidt, Trumbo, Rizzo
2B - Altuve, Murphy, Odor
3B - Donaldson, Machado, Bryant, Arenado
SS - Bogaerts, Seager, Story, Villar
OF - Trout, Harper, Betts, Springer, Marte, Polanco, Manara, Piscotty, Duvall
SP - Kershaw, Scherzer, Arrieta, Sale, Strasburg, Fernandez, Verlander, Lester, Syndergaard, Nova, Matz
RP - Gomez, Colome, Pomeranz, Sanchez

Last edited:
just 3 picks left

I decided to change directions with my team/s. Probably will flame out, but he seemed like my only chance at this point. Abreu and Goldie have really hurt me getting off to such a slow start. They are starting to heat up but I really can't wait since half the teams own them as well. Needing help in all categories I dropped:

Paul Goldschmidt
Jose Abreu
Joe Panik
Randle Grichuk

for:

Wil Myers
David Ortiz
Mookie Betts
Robinson Cano

I also picked up Alex Colome for a hurt/struggling/dl list Jake McGee.

Haven't followed Myers, but those other three have put up huge fantasy numbers so far.

Didn't realize that you haven't had Betts. He has been a fantasy stud all year. I thought that just about everyone had him.

Haven't followed Myers, but those other three have put up huge fantasy numbers so far.

Didn't realize that you haven't had Betts. He has been a fantasy stud all year. I thought that just about everyone had him.

Myers has been great, but who knows if he can continue without injury. I needed his 860k to make everything else happen. Hated getting rid of Goldie, but there was too many holes in my lineup.

Everyone does have him! Just another reason my teams are so bad. Such a poor effort on my part this year. Wish I could say it was because I was working on my golf game, but it sucks too. I often find myself looking forward to the 19th hole. :)

I have only played 6 rounds this year. I have only broke 90 twice.

Everyone does have him! Just another reason my teams are so bad. Such a poor effort on my part this year. Wish I could say it was because I was working on my golf game, but it sucks too. I often find myself looking forward to the 19th hole. :)

I have only played 6 rounds this year. I have only broke 90 twice.

I'm thinking about getting back to playing a little golf. Haven't played more than a couple of rounds in 20 years or more (early to mid-90s)....and none in more than 10 years. Carried a 7 hdcp back then, but just playing for the exercise if I start playing again now. My wife & my son have been encouraging me to take it up again. They think I spend too much time at the computer. LOL...and they are right. My son bought me a new set of clubs for Father's Day about 12 to 15 years ago, and I don't think I've used them more than once or twice...and that was more than 10 years ago. They've been in the attic since then until I finally got them down over the weekend. As a matter of fact, my son came down for a visit Saturday afternoon and we rode down to Dunham's at the mall to look for some golf shoes & a few other things...maybe a new driver & putter, etc. All I ended up buying was a new glove....but that's a start. Have to get some shoes, though, because you can't use the spiked ones anymore...or so they tell me. My son belongs to the Sedgefield CC in Greensboro and I really like that course...but my game's not ready to play there yet. I don't even know if I could break 100 now.

On a baseball note, both Abreu & Goldschmidt have hit HRs tonight....but Myers just hit a HR, too.

ETA: Bought some golf shoes & a dozen golf balls yesterday, so I'm getting a little closer to bringing my game out of the moth balls after 20+ years. Just can't bring myself to thinking about getting on a golf course when it's close to 90 degrees. Wish we had October/November weather about nine months out of the year. LOL.

Last edited:
I'm going to play Kenny Perry's course in Franklin Kentucky on Friday. I'm playing terrible golf right now but that is the course that turned my game around last summer. (shot a 82 first time I played it) Weather is supposed to break somewhat here on Friday.

You should enter Sleepy's U.S. Open contest on this board. My team finished 2nd in the Masters, so I'm in a good position for the year-long contest for all four majors. Starts early tomorrow morning, though, so you would need to get your 6-man team in pretty soon.

He's been doing that contest for several years now and it's one of the most interesting things on the boards. There's a contest on the Masters, U.S. Open, British Open & PGA....and an overall contest for all 4 tournaments. Doesn't cost anything. It's just for "bragging rights"....but it adds a lot of interest to watching the tournament. You just PM your team to Sleepy before the tournament begins.

Different people use different strategies, but I always pick two 150-point longshots and that leaves 100 points to pick four pretty good golfers. (Your team total has to be at least 400 points. You count your 4 best scores...and you have to have at least 4 of your 6 guys make the cut or your team doesn't make the cut. Think they had 75 to 80 entries for the Masters. It will probably be slightly less than that for this one, if I had to guess.)

I'm going to play Kenny Perry's course in Franklin Kentucky on Friday. I'm playing terrible golf right now but that is the course that turned my game around last summer. (shot a 82 first time I played it) Weather is supposed to break somewhat here on Friday.

Like my FB game I am not working on my golf game this year. For me it is more of a social get-together. Sometimes we have as many as 12 golfers going and we will play a little 3 dollar skins game. Sometimes we plan our outing around a really good place to eat lunch. :) I have a standing bet with my playing partner of 1 big beer. He is besting me this year, but when I win I go for the imports/craft beers. Last fall I stuck him for a Sam Adams October Fest that cost 7 dollars. lol

Snowman first hole! Tried to split some trees rather than just kicking out for my second shot. (went ob) My playing partner (beer bet) pared the first hole so I was 4 back right out of the gate. After going down as much as 6 strokes I got it back to 2 at the turn. Got down 4 strokes again and back to back pars got me down to 2 strokes. I was 1 stroke down going into 17 and I had the tee. I got too aggressive and turned my hands over and knocked my tee shot out of bounds. He had a nice tee shot and I thought it was over. After my second tee shot I was about 157 yards out. I dropped a 7 iron about 10 feet from the cup and sank the putt. He did a little choke job and made a 6. We were tied going into 18 and I thought I had him. He got up and down from about 10 yards off the green and I missed a 12 footer. I actually had to hit a 6 foot comebacker to assure the tie. It turned out to be a great day. Everyone broke 90. 82-83-87-87

My son gave me a Ping Driver & a Lob Wedge (both pre-owned...I don't need any new clubs that expensive right now) for Father's Day, so it looks like I might be ready to hit the links one day next week. (Doubt my game will be ready, though.) Hope the weather stays like it was late this afternoon. Temp got down to the low 70s during my grandson's baseball game from 6 to 8 PM.

Pulling for my guy Lee Westwood to win the U.S. Open. He's due for a major win after 9 top-3 finishes with no trophy.

My son gave me a Ping Driver & a Lob Wedge (both pre-owned...I don't need any new clubs that expensive right now) for Father's Day, so it looks like I might be ready to hit the links one day next week. (Doubt my game will be ready, though.) Hope the weather stays like it was late this afternoon. Temp got down to the low 70s during my grandson's baseball game from 6 to 8 PM.

Pulling for my guy Lee Westwood to win the U.S. Open. He's due for a major win after 9 top-3 finishes with no trophy.

I put up my $400 driver and broke out my $40 (internet used) driver on the back 9 to get back in the game. Hit it ob on 17 but other than that it was money. I crushed that ob shot btw.

Back