• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I've picked up Darvish and dropped Heyward. That gets me back to my original 12 SP/9 OF roster. There are 4 more guys who I would really like to have...but I don't know that any of them are critical at this time, unless it is Ellsbury, possibly. The 4 are Utley for Rutledge as a back-up 2b/DH; Wright for Zimmerman as my other 3rd baseman; Ellsbury for an OF. I had been thinking Brown, but maybe it should be Bruce...who has 1 HR and 0 stolen bases. (Also, my third 1st baseman, Craig, has 0 HRs & 0 SBs...I'm getting killed in those two categories.) And the last, of course, is replacing Pujols with a cheaper 1st baseman who can hit some HRs. I think Pujols is batting .256 with 2 HRs. I realize that Chris Davis may fall under the category of "chasing the hot guy". The key question is whether he can keep doing it. I think last year's numbers might be an indication that he can. He is 27 years old now. He was awfully young when he came up in Texas and had a couple of nice "partial years" (he never played full-time then)...before running into problems as pitchers evidently made adjustments pitching to him.

So I don't know whether I will make any of those 4 moves tonight. I've already picked up Darvish. Hope he doesn't trip in the dugout or something, because he won't be playing anymore this week. (LOL) And I will probably get Shelby Miller in 2 or 3 weeks if he keeps it up. He only has one start next week and the week after that.

And my team has dropped even more. Think I'm something like 111th and 102nd now. (LOL)

I like the guys you are looking at....I've been keeping an eye on Utley and Davis as well. Davis won't keep up his average, but he's been much more patient at the plate this year, and I think a mid 30s HR season is absolutely doable....we will see though....I've already made my purchases to try and climb back in it, and now need to conserve so I'm not sure I could scoop up Davis or Utley right now unless an injury called for it....

Another underachiever slipping through the cracks right now is Joey Votto. Prince is killing it for me, but Votto isn't producing anywhere near his price tag.....

My hatred for Nugent is more about his hypocrisy than anything else. It's one thing to be against a war and not want to fight in it. I know how he feels. I felt the same way when I was drafted with a 9-week old son during Vietnam. By the Grace of God, I lucked out and served my two years stateside....but I had no way of knowing that was going to happen during my nine weeks of basic combat training. We had more than 500,000 troops on the ground in Vietnam at that time. There is a difference where Nugent is concerned, though...because after he pulled his chicken-shit stuff to avoid the darft, he now talks like one tough mother-fucker who would have been a helluva macho soldier...while he wraps himself in the flag. You don't get that from me....or from Bill Clinton or Howard Dean. I would hope you could see the difference, as it is crystal clear.

That's what sets the multitude of Republican Chickenhawks apart....people like Dick Cheney, George W Bush, Saxby Chambliss, and hundreds of others. They push unnecessary wars for somebody else to fight, while they talk patriotism & wrap themselves in the flag and remain far removed from danger themselves....and, in the case of Iraq, personally profit from the bloodshed of others. If somebody wants to be in favor of a useless war in Vietnam or Iraq, they had better be goddamned ready to fight in it themselves. Otherwise, they should all burn in hell....and the hottest places in hell should be reserved for those Republican Chickenhawks. And here they are:

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/chickenhawks.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x1481073

I see it different than you, Bud. Nugent was a hippie rock and roller who didn't believe in the war. Clinton/Howard had either wealth or connections that helped them avoid the war. Ted would have been one hell of a soldier...he just didn't have a reason to fight.

Probably end up getting screwed like when Braun got "hurt" earlier this year, but I'm benching Tulo....he'll probably miss a game or two at least, and knowing him, it could be more....

I'd rather be safe than sorry. Colorado's schedule this week isn't all that great anyway....and by taking Tulo out I was able to get Ellsbury & Wright into my lineup.

I thought & thought about picking up Stanton. I have no doubt that he will eventually get his 40 HRs...and that's a category where I am short. I checked his split stats and he had slow Aprils in both of the last two years. I kept coming back to that Miami lineup, though, and decided not to do it. One reason is that I didn't have another outfielder that I wanted to drop for him, and even if he gets 40 HRs, he still might not drive in more than 85 runs.

ETA: Saw where you were up to 9th overall at one time yesterday when I checked the top leaders.

Yeah I agree...

As mentioned before, I've already made my purchases to try and make moves in the standings, and they have helped somewhat so far. I was 23 in gold for quite some time, and I've managed to get up into the 15-12 range, but just like last season, I'm a junior BKF, and I'm struggling big in HR and RBI....looking at my lineup, I think I might need another HR/RBI guy....

Harvey, Samardizja, Wainwright, and Strasburg with two of the four facing Miami and San Diego.....I'm not sure what is more annoying, the zero wins from last night or the fact that all the other top teams in my league had the exact same lineup going....

Why do you make me hate you, Stanton?

Gio or Bumgarner is another decision I chose poorly on.....

Starling Marte is turning into a fantasy stud so far this year....especially considering his 550K price tag. Fantrax now has him listed as the #7 fantasy hitter overall and considering his price, he is one of the most valuable fantasy players in baseball right now. And still only 35 of 150 rookie teams own him. (49 of 125 gold teams have him.)

Nate McLouth is right there with him at only 650k.

And, nobody in the Gold or Rookie have McLouth.

Last edited:
Nobody pick up Jordan Zimmerman.....he's been bad ass for me, and it seems like whenever we all own a player, he starts to suck haha....

Nobody pick up Jordan Zimmerman.....he's been bad ass for me, and it seems like whenever we all own a player, he starts to suck haha....

I'm watching that game tonight. He has had some great stuff tonight.

Huge game for Napoli. If I had known the Red Sox lineup was going to be this good, I might have given him more consideration, but I thought this was going to be a down year for Boston. He seems like a perfect fit for that ballpark....and hitting behind Ellsbury, Victorino, Pedroia and/or Ortiz gives him great RBI opportunities (which he has taken full advantage of so far).

That lineup is what first attacked me to Middlebrooks. Napoli was just a much more proven bat, and higher in the order. (we did discuss Ellsbury, Victorino, Pedoria at the top of that order) He probably will only hit about .250-.260 this year, but his other numbers will be nice given his opportunities. Seems like this happens every year...as much as we talk we miss out on each others key players. You wish you had Napoli, I wish that I had Samardzija. lol

Well, it didn't take long for that to happen again.

I looked at Grilli for my cheap closer to replace Rodon when he didn't make the team. Decided to go the safer route with Street. Thought I then wouldn't have to worry about saves. Grilli has 3 times as many strikeouts, and over twice as many saves as Street. Has a .75 era while Street is over 4. Grilli is 210k cheaper. Almost pulled the trigger on him last week. That is my first option the first time I have trouble making cap. My team salary has dropped so much with my first 3 purchases I now could easily afford Kershaw.

This weekend is my chance to get into position to get into position. I have slowly moved up in both of my leagues. This mourning my teams are 7-38 Gold, and 4-32 Rookie. All my hitting categories are doing great. I need to turn my pitching around....have seven starts the next 2 days.

Bud, I don't know if you bet the ponies back when you liked to gamble some, but a good buddy of mine won $5200 at the Oaks yesterday. He won it all in one race! Haven't got to talk to him yet...his brother told me about his good fortune.

My teams are going nowhere right now...particularly my gold team. Unless I can make some big improvement there is no need to even check it on a daily basis. My rookie team has moved up from 15th to 11th this week....but at the same time it has dropped from 77th to 84th overall. I have 6 starts this weekend, but with the way the most widely-owned SP's schedules are, I imagine that most teams have a lot of starts this weekend. Pujols & Brown have hit 5 HRs this week after I dropped them. Of course, David Wright has done well. Ellsbury has done almost nothing.

Middlebrooks is killing me, but the Red Sox have 7 games at home next week against Minnesota & Toronto.....so I don't feel like I can take him out now.

ETA: Here is a question for ya: Miguel Cabrera & Bryce Harper have only 5 games next week. Yeonis Cespedes & Joe Mauer have 7 games. Are Cabrera and/or Harper worth two extra games?

I haven't looked at next week schedule yet. (getting ready to right now) I will say this, anytime Cabrera is not in my lineup I feel a little uneasy...same with Braun. I try my best to leave them in all the time. They hardly ever have a full bad week, and they can go off at any time.

Tonight is a good example why I hate to take out Cabrera. He is 2 for 2 with 4 rbi's, and 2 runs scored. He also has a HR. He does this many times over the season. Fielder batting after him is such an added bonus.

I just checked and Punch n Judy is up to 3-13 in the rookie league, and you are 3-26. I'm struggling along at 10-74, but I seem to have stopped the bleeding, anyway. And Orioles Magic is still looking good at 5-36 in his first try at this game. Tan The Man has got some big problems at 23-138.

(Forgot about the rainout.)

ETA: After his game this afternoon, Fantrax now has Sterling Marte listed as the #1 fantasy producer in MLB in its "score" column.

I think they factor in the player's salary.

Tonight is a good example why I hate to take out Cabrera. He is 2 for 2 with 4 rbi's, and 2 runs scored. He also has a HR. He does this many times over the season. Fielder batting after him is such an added bonus.

Make that 3 for 3 for Cabrera. Another home run, rbi, run scored. NO WAY he comes out of my lineup unless he is hurt. He is also batting .385.

Make that 3 for 3 for Cabrera. Another home run, rbi, run scored. NO WAY he comes out of my lineup unless he is hurt. He is also batting .385.

Ok, make that 4 for 4 with another rbi. You really going to take this guy out?

Back