• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Cobb for Wainwright is just a partial answer. Cobb just frees up another 420K to go with the 100K I had. Where do I go from there?

Rutledge for Mauer in the UT spot would be another 220k. Would that get you closer? Actually, I should ask why you have Mauer going instead of Rutledge anyway.? Other than batting average, Mauer's numbers are empty compared to Rutledge.

Mainly because Mauer has a 7th game, including 4 games in Boston...a pretty good place to hit. But your point is well taken. Colorado has three at home with the Yankees and three at St Louis. (Wish I had Tulo & Cargo in tonight. LOL) After checking Cobb's stats at home, I think I will put him in for Wainwright.....but I'd like to find a way to keep Cargo & Tulo in....especially if I am going to put Rutledge in my lineup.

If I got Rutledge, I could put Cabrera in for Gordon....but Gordon has 7 games, too.

You do have a lot to think about next week. How many at bats do we give up for a star player that is hot??? Usually you have to go with your gut feeling. I have tried to get more at bats the last 2 years. Letting multiple teams getting a 100 or more at bats was costing me even with a better hitting line up.

On a brighter note. :) I finally broke into the top 25 in my rookie league. River Pirates 3-21!

What does everyone think of Clay Buchholz? Some have said he is cheating....still kind of up in the air. Either way he looks to be legit this year at a really good price. My 3rd third baseman Luis Cruz is only in the big leagues do to injuries. I can't imagine putting him in at anytime this year. Longoria and Cabrera will be in every week unless they get hurt. Two great starts for Buchholz next week. With Cruz being deadwood on my bench it seems to be a good time for me to pick up Buchholz. Am I overlooking anything?

Marte homered off Strasburg last night, and today off Gio Gonzalez

Sure hope Cobb doesn't get killed in Col. He is my last chance of the week. Out of 13 starts, only one was a good one. My worst start ever in the pitching categories.

If my pitching was just average I would be in the thick of things. In the Rookie league my team is ranked number 1 in hitting, and number 100 in pitching. For some reason my team doesn't show up in the Gold rankings.

With 13 starts this week I only gained 1 point in strike outs. (from 2 to 3 points) That is really odd this time of year. I am leaving Chapman out again this week, and should get 12 starts. Points in wins and strikeouts should come this week.

I'm starting to look like blueskies.....posting to myself. Oh well.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
1B Freeman, Freddie 1B,UT - ATL 1,090,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
2B Rutledge, Josh 2B,UT - COL 650,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Longoria, Evan 3B,UT - TB 1,250,000
SS Escobar, Alcides SS,UT - KC 900,000
SS Simmons, Andrelton SS,UT - ATL 450,000
OF Braun, Ryan OF,UT - MIL 1,710,000
OF Ellsbury, Jacoby OF,UT - BOS 1,030,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,000,000
OF Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
UT Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
SP Buchholz, Clay SP,P - BOS 760,000
SP Bumgarner, Madison SP,P - SF 1,200,000
SP Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
SP Harvey, Matt SP,P - NYM 720,000
SP Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
SP Sale, Chris SP,P - CHW 1,090,000
RP Romo, Sergio RP,P - SF 1,050,000
RP Soriano, Rafael RP,P - WAS 1,020,000
RP Street, Huston RP,P - SD 1,060,000
P Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
Total 29,960,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 810,000
Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
Hamilton, Josh OF,UT - LAA 1,470,000
Morse, Michael OF,UT - SEA 900,000
Cobb, Alex SP,P - TB 680,000
Gonzalez, Gio SP,P - WAS 1,240,000
Lester, Jon SP,P - BOS 920,000
Price, David SP,P - TB 1,430,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,250,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 12,940,000

So you pulled the trigger on Buchholz, eh? I looked at him and honestly couldn't find the reason for his success. Even with some regression to where his peripherals suggest he should be would still be low 3 era, which I would take in a heartbeat with a $760 SP. Hopefully he works out, because I might need him eventually myself....my pitching is lagging behind my hitting, but I'm loaded and don't know who to drop at this point....so gonna have to play the wait and see game for a bit longer...

Just couldn't make it work. We'll just have to see how it turns out. I'm counting on Middlebrooks & Bruce doing something with their 13 games at home in a hitter's ballpark.

Yeah I'm sure it will work out fine, just made me laugh....

Wrong week for me to take Rizzo out.

Last edited:
My hitters (actually, non-hitters would be a more accurate description) are just ridiculously bad tonight. My first 3 batters got hits (Gordon, Marte & Ellsbury). Since then, they are 1 for 30....for a grand total of 4 for 33, with 0 RBIs & 0 stolen bases.

My team is batting .320 tonight, but they are empty numbers. No HR/SB...Just 3 rbi's and 4 runs scored. Not a lot going on tonight. Watched Harvey throw a 1 hitter thru 9 innings. (infield hit by Rios) The Mets haven't scored any runs either. Hopefully they get it done in the bottom on the ninth.

Things getting interesting in my Rookie League. I have been bouncing back and forth from 2nd to fifth. I am in forth right now, however, I am just 8.5 points out of first which is the closest for me this year. The top 2 teams in my Gold League are way ahead of me. They have been 1 and 2 overall for most of the season.

Yep, it's working out fine so far. Middlebrooks & Bruce are 1 for 14 for the week with 0 HRs, 0 runs, 0 stolen bases & 1 RBI......and Middlebrooks is now out with an injury.

It's just May 7th, so try not and get too frustrated. We don't always have to make good things happen. Bad days, and bad luck happens to everyone. How about Kimbrel giving up back to back home runs with 2 outs in the 9th to blow the save? Sweet!

It's just May 7th, so try not and get too frustrated. We don't always have to make good things happen. Bad days, and bad luck happens to everyone. How about Kimbrel giving up back to back home runs with 2 outs in the 9th to blow the save? Sweet!

I can't seem to buy a win, and I wasn't real happy about Medlen facing @Cin and @SF, but after he got through 7, I penciled in a W for Medlen.....freaking Kimbrel.

Oh, I'm not that discouraged. I've been doing this long enough to know that it is very, very early. I looked back over my 8 purchases today, though, and (again) feel like I might have moved a little too soon on 2 or 3 of them. Most of them had to be done, I think, but I'm not so sure about a couple of them.....dropping Simmons for Cabrera, for one. That wasn't a critical move that had to be made now....and I might have picked the wrong guy, even if I was going to drop Simmons. Segura might have been a better choice. He's 200K cheaper and hitting 2nd in that Milwaukee lineup ahead of Braun is a good place. I guess I chose Cabrera because I felt he was a lock for 40 steals, and steals was the real reason for the move. Still, though, after picking up Ellsbury it could have waited. The 2nd one was maybe giving up too quickly on Domonic Brown....though I needed Ellsbury & Cargo, so I had to drop somebody. Two of my three SP changes were moves that needed to be made....dropping Teheran & Cain for Harvey & Darvish.....but it wasn't absolutely necessary to get Buchholz right now, after getting Harvey & Darvish....and if he didn't have two starts at home this week I would never have picked him up now. Also, getting David Wright for Zimmerman was necessary, and dropping the expensive Pujols (now hitting .235) was necessary to get those guys like Cargo. Hope I didn't buy Chris Davis at the top. That's always a risk going after early breakout players (hope that doesn't turn out to be the case with Buchholz).

We talk every year about how important the season-opening roster is, because the fewer mistakes you make there, the fewer purchases you have to burn in the first couple of months of the season to get it to where it needs to be. I made more mistakes this year than I have in the past. Obviously, I feel much better about my roster now (as I should, after 8 purchases already...LOL) and have to go with this roster for a good while now.

I was a little surprised you picked Wright over Longoria. You said you needed to address home runs and stolen bases. Cabrera/Ellsbury are the stolen base guys, so why Wright? I figure Longoria for at least 10 more home runs than Wright. He is healthy and hitting that prime age for players.

Good point. I don't really know. One reason might be that I tend to rely a lot...too much maybe...on that "score" column in Fantrax research. It had Wright consistently up around 6th to 8th overall....quite a bit higher than Longoria. Right now, for example, Wright is 9th and Longoria is 31st. Also, Longoria seems to be a constant injury risk. He has only played more than 133 games twice in the last five years.

Well Wright has averaged 18 HR over the last 4 years while Longoria averaged about 25. You were looking for home runs, right? One guy is reaching his prime while the other is entering his 30's. As far as the score column, he most likely is higher because of his 6 steals this year. I doubt he will steal a lot of bases, and besides, that is not what you purchased him for...you were looking for home runs...right?

Yeah I like the Wright pickup.....agree with you on guys that can do a little bit of everything, and Wright could easily go 25/90/95/.300....

That can also be a trap though.....I think Pedroia is overpriced at 1200....Altuve can pretty much make a wash between the two for $200 less price tag.....you'd be fine if your version of Stanton (Bruce) wasn't terrible so far. I was counting on Stanton's HR and got burned...thankfully Prince and Braun have kept me within striking distance, but I still need HR....I guess the point to this rant is I think a long hard look needs to be given to Bruce...His peripherals are horrific this year.....babip up, but avg down? Yuck....

Side note, how about the Choo Choo train? Only 4 teams own him in my Gold, and 1090 isn't terrible for a possible 25/100/70/.300

Back