• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Interesting. So I'm guessing every single team had Mike Trout by the end of last season?

I know we usually don't carry 5 closers. However, in this situation we can actually use 5 closers at the same time. I can picture a week where I would give up 1 start for an extra closer. It would/could also allow more freedom to go the other way and go with 7 starters. Of course it will cost me a bench spot, but in my situation it is a starting pitcher in which I have/had 13.

Have you ever carried 10 outfielders? I only have 8 this year. I usually have 9, but decided to carry 3 catchers for the first time. That could change since my catchers are better this year, and I now have 3 cheap outfielders. I have Chapman regardless, so whether he closes or starts my plan doesn't change. I planned to cull my 13 pitchers down to 12 at some point. It could be a starter or closer if he becomes a closer. I might like having the 5 closers. I know that I like having the options.

You can't get there because you don't like Chapman as a starter. lol I think he can be a good starter on a good team. If he struggles than I don't have to drop him since he is just moved to the closer role.

My team/s report:

River Pirates (Rookie)
league 4
20 teams

River Bats (Gold)
league 6
12 teams

I think there were just 5 leagues in the rookie. I went back thru the registration process and that is all that came up.

I am thinking about dropping my 3rd catcher (Perez) for a 9th OF. (Bautista) That would also put my team total salary at about 42.5 mil. I'm ok with that number.

Yeah I'm in Gold #5, and there is only 11 teams there....I'm gonna throw in a rookie squad as well.

Yeah I'm Punch n Judy.....that will be my rookie name as well when I put it in...

All the teams that hadn't used up their 15 purchases already or had just given up.

ETA: Needless to say, the teams that picked him up the earliest tended to be the teams that finished the highest in their leagues. If you were one of the last teams to pick him up, he couldn't help you very much because most of the top teams in the league already had him.

Yeah, Ddeac, let this be a lesson to you. I used my transactions early. I was in the top 5 of my league and cruising in most categories, except I was near the bottom in SB. I over corrected and bought a bunch of unnecessary players. I was also stubborn on Trout, after wasting a purchase on a cheap OF that was killing it, only to fade away (JD Martinez). I didnt think I needed Trout after buying a bunch of SB guys to help being at the bottom of that category. By the time I realized I had to have Trout, I was out of purchases. My team dropped down the standings, and I couldn't do a damn thing about it with no purchases left. I did, however, finish near the top in SB.:rulz:

I said back in January that the 2 things I would do differently this year was go with 3 catchers, and no cheap pitchers on the opening day roster. Here I am with just 2 catchers and TWO cheap pitchers. lol I'm not sure I will stick with Teheran. Although, with Beachy missing at least half the season he will get a good opportunity. If he pitches well then Minor may be the odd man out if and when Beachy returns.

I noticed you don't have Braun on your team. (best player in baseball) Is it because he is so expensive, or do you think he could get popped with a suspension?

I noticed you don't have Braun on your team. (best player in baseball) Is it because he is so expensive, or do you think he could get popped with a suspension?

That suspension rumor included Cano....

If you are asking me, the answer is both....and a 3rd reason is that there are injuries in that Milwaukee lineup (Hart, Gamel, etc) that will negatively impact Braun's numbers.

ETA: I was thinking about asking a similar question about Bryce Harper. Hitting 3rd in that Washington lineup, I think he could go 100-30-100-30-.290 this year....and he only costs 1000K.

I said earlier that my reason was that he was so young, and maybe a year away...just 20. I think he is more like 85-25-85-20-275. I realize that even at my numbers he is worth a mil. I guess I am guilty of breaking the number one fantasy rule....don't let your personal feelings cloud your judgement. (I would love to slap that smirk off that punk-ass kids face.) With the lost of Eaton he would be an obvious choice that I can afford....thanks, I will try to get over myself. :)

Brandon Belt.....driving me crazy. Hard to leave this guy off my roster. We have a talented guy like Rizzo batting 3rd and projected to have a breakout season. Belt on the other hand will be batting about 5th/6th. Have had an eye on him for a couple years and he is tearing the cover off the ball this spring. This is maybe my toughest season deciding on guys like this. There is several good young players ready to break out this year.

Been playing American League Rotessorie for around 20 years. Used to go to Grapefruit League to scout. Lots of fun but winning requires homework and some luck. Played some of the online games over the years but I don't have the time anymore.

Looks like Motte is going to open the year on the DL with an elbow strain.

How common is it to go with 5 closers? Outside of the top guys, there is so much turnover. It seems like a good position to have some depth at.

Looks like Motte is going to open the year on the DL with an elbow strain.

How common is it to go with 5 closers? Outside of the top guys, there is so much turnover. It seems like a good position to have some depth at.

I have always gone with just 4 closers. An argument can be made to back up the position. For me an injured closer is damaged goods even if he only goes on the 15 day DL. As far as "turnover" if a closer losses his job you have to drop him. There is no room for deadwood on the bench, imo.

I have toyed with the idea of starting the season with 5 closers. Thinking that I would keep the top four, and drop the 5th for a SP or other player who got out of the gate quickly. That's not a bad idea, but it is planning a purchase.

I believe the most important thing is having a solid opening day roster. Purchases need to be used for injuries and emerging players, not to replace players that should never had been on your team in the first place. Sure it's going to happen......just needs to be a small number.

But he is going to pitch the first game of the year, so he needs to be in the first lineup if you own him.

Back