• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Watching that game, I was reminded of the mid to late 60's Yanks. This temporary replacement team is close, but not quite as bad as they were.

I don't remember the mid to late 60's team. I was just a young child. I do think the replacements for the "temporary replacement team" won't be worth remembering.

Well Darvish looks incredible so far.....too bad he's riding my bench. Might have to start any pitcher playing Houston from here on out, who are these guys?

Have Tulo in, wish i had Cargo in too. He's on fire on the road, that's a very good sign!

Well Darvish looks incredible so far.....too bad he's riding my bench. Might have to start any pitcher playing Houston from here on out, who are these guys?

The situation with Darivish sucked. He should have got the start on Sunday. Usually everyone would have him this week. Seldom does your ace get just 1 start in the first week. (and he pitched to a bad team)

I posted earlier that one of my best starts was on the bench.

Most of the teams that you will end up having to beat in your league have Darvish on the bench this week. It doesn't make much sense to start Darvish when you have about 7 or 8 choices of 2-start SPs who are staff aces. People who started Darvish this week were mis-managing their team. Yeah, it looks good now....but that has nothing to do with it. Starting Darvish this week was the wrong thing to do.....and most of the teams who will end up near the top of their league didn't start him.

Actually, this should be a learning day for us Bud. The top teams took Darvish today. A top ace pitcher against a terrible team was a no brainer. Beats the hell out of 2 tuff starts, or even 50/50. We had our heads up are ass this week.

Last edited:
yeah I had 10 teams start him this week, unfortunately....

Most of the teams that you will end up having to beat in your league have Darvish on the bench this week. It doesn't make much sense to start Darvish when you have about 7 or 8 choices of 2-start SPs who are staff aces. People who started Darvish this week were mis-managing their team. Yeah, it looks good now....but that has nothing to do with it. Starting Darvish this week was the wrong thing to do.....and most of the teams who will end up near the top of their league didn't start him.

I said before the week started that my 2 best starts were on the bench. Darvish was number 1. We now have Gio Gonzalez at home in cold weather against Miami tomorrow. I know that in the past I felt the most starts win, but i am leaning towards quality starts right now. I felt it this week but didn't pull the trigger. Every team and every year is different.

I said before the week started that my 2 best starts were on the bench. Darvish was number 1. We now have Gio Gonzalez at home in cold weather against Miami tomorrow. I know that in the past I felt the most starts win, but i am leaning towards quality starts right now. I felt it this week but didn't pull the trigger. Every team and every year is different.

Yeah, I think I'm with you.....obviously I will roll with two decent starts if I can get them, but if I have an ace rolling against the Marlins, Padres, Astros etc in favorable conditions, he's getting the nod.

Yeah, I think I'm with you.....obviously I will roll with two decent starts if I can get them, but if I have an ace rolling against the Marlins, Padres, Astros etc in favorable conditions, he's getting the nod.

Houston won 55 games last year and have done little to improve their team. We missed an easy one and that is a little embarrassing. That it happened in the first week is great. Lesson learned.

Got a good bump from Morse today. Hard to believe he cost just 900k. I expect 30+ home runs at least 90 rbi's The guy is money when healthy and nobody seems to recognize him.

Yeah I agree with a lot of that. Maybe he could have gone over Samardizja, or maybe Wainwright in my case. At least this should be the only week we have to worry about this situation....

Not many people have Teheran in my league. His starts are going to be crucial when he finally gets in the lineup.

Bud, in my case it wasn't hindsight. I said before the week started my best start was on the bench. I have done pretty well even with my pitchers not having very good starts this week. I also am not questioning going with pitchers that have 2 starts. What i am questioning is going with 7 pitchers no matter where they pitch in the first week. So this is not hindsight. Just look at my roster and you will see a 2 start pitcher on the bench. A bird in the hand......

I know you posted that before the season started. I just disagree with you there (that he should have been started this week)....for all the reasons that I stated. Darvish wasn't a lock to have a great game...even against Houston. He could have reverted to his old self and walked about 4 or 5 batters and had an average game. He just wasn't worth starting over one of those two-start pitchers, in my opinion. That's all I was saying. He could very well be in for a breakout year....if he can cut down on the walks. (That was pretty much the same situation for Gio Gonzalez, only he is pitching in a much better park for pitchers.) We know both of them will get a slew of strikeouts. In Darvish's case, though, we don't yet know if he can get that ERA down closer to 3 than to 4, etc.

First of all, I don't have Verlander or Kershaw. Two of my starters Lester/Wainwright have 2 tough starts on the road this week. I recognized that Darvish had the best start on my team this week. I should have went with him.

You first said you only had 11 starts this week. Did you change your staff just to get 14 starts?

I checked it. (not used to that option)

One thing we can probably agree on is that Houston is really bad. Texas number 4 guy Alexi Ogando, (830K) has 10 k's through 6 innings today.

Washington has the advantage against anyone right now, (at home) much less Miami. They have good everything right now. Big Park, cool weather, great pitching, great hitting, and good defense. It will be hard to go into DC and get a win this month. Of course they will be good all year long. I'm just saying they are especially good at home right now.

I don't have the big dogs like you do, so Gonzalez and Strasburg have to stay in the rotation, especially at home.

Yep. They put Perkins in for the 9th, down 2 to 1. Nice.

My hitters are doing a little better tonight....13 for 42 (.310), but only 5 runs with no HRs, RBIs or steals. I'm pulling for the Reds to score another run in the 7th or 8th to get to a 4-run lead. Need for Toronto to score, too, to give Janssen a chance for a save.

(Looks like you were right about Gio Gonzalez tonight, too.)

ETA: HR by Callaspo to make it 4-3 Reds. Now I guess I'm pulling for the Angels to score a couple more and take the lead. LOL.

I got about the same thing with Chapman. My boy Morse is still on fire. His 3rd HR in his first at bat tonight. I was pleasantly surprised more teams didn't go with him this year. He finished strong last year after a slow comeback to an injury. He was under a mil and had a big spring.

Ugh, this is not the week to have Ricky Weeks on the bench. Dude is on fire....need to squeeze as much out of him as possible before he gets hurt...

And Morse.....wow.

Back