• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Yeah, I settled in at #81 & #70 after all the games were finished yesterday. I'm still OK with that, though, because I think I am in position to make some gains today and tomorrow...particularly tomorrow, when I have 5 SPs going. (Have two going today.) Also, fewer than 25% of the other teams have nine of my hitters: Pujols, Bruce, Gordon, Mauer, Santana, Marte, Brown, Pedroia & Zimmerman. So if those guys start hitting...particularly Pujols & Bruce, whom almost nobody else has...I could gain ground rather quickly. Also, only 27% of the teams have Felix Hernandez....so a good game from him in chilly Chicago today would be a big help, too.

I checked the Vegas odds on Kershaw tonight. The Dodgers are -240 with a total of 6 under. Both of those numbers bode well for a great game from Kershaw. It is very, very, very unusual to see a MLB game with a 6 under total. (That means that if you want to bet under the 6 total, you have to lay -120 rather than the usual -110, with those going over the 6 total getting even odds with no juice.)

(The total on the Seattle/White Sox game, by comparison, is 7.5 under......which is a low total, itself.)

I have been somewhat lucky with my hitters. Still not doing well, but other than CarGo, my other 4 bench players haven't done anything. I have tried to work on next weeks roster. Hopeful, more at bats will give me a better idea of who needs to start. The Rockies have games at SF/SD next week. At the same time Tulo/CarGo are both off to a great start. Those big pitcher's parks can also be a hitters park for a guy like CarGo. Hits lots of line-drives and has good speed. I'll have to go back and look at his road stats from last year. I think that he improved them from earlier years. Cano has 7 games next week. I'm not happy having to make so many hitting changes. May have to put a cheap pitcher in to work things out. Don't like doing that unless its a good start.

I said I was going to leave 3 closers in as much as possible. That has worked well so far, but putting in Teheran for Chapman would free up 670k. I could really use that until i get some separation of my pitchers. I have done well with saves even though Chapman just has 1.

Last edited:
Yeah same here....debating Teheran vs Washington....really don't like the matchup, but might need to try it out in order to get some of the hitters in.

I haven't even checked my sports weather site. It can be useful sometimes especially this time of year. (hope it's raining like hell in Texas) I have went on and on, watch him get bombed tomorrow. lol

Just noticed you dropped Scherzer. He should have a good day today against that Yankee lineup. Wind blowing in from center field about 15-25 mph. Game time temp about 50 degrees. Shutouts and no hitters are born under those conditions.

True, but only 4 gold teams & 8 rookie teams have him in their lineup this week, so it really doesn't matter what he does.

I think it matters if you have him at all. I didn't have Lee going this week...was thrilled to see him get off to a great start. He didn't get a win until July 4th last year. I still think that Lee was the biggest bargain of the preseason.

183 out of 275 teams (gold & rookie) have Darvish on their roster. I'm not one of those 183 teams. Because he was initially scheduled to have only one start this week, only 109 of those 183 teams have him in their lineup. As I mentioned earlier, it is a break for those of us who do not own Darvish that they decided to start him tomorrow night....for three reasons: 1) Only 109 teams have him this week. If he had been announced with two starts, it is likely that all 183 teams would have had him....and gotten that great game on Tuesday. 2) Playing against the Angels in Arlington is not an ideal situation for a pitcher. 3) If he didn't pitch tomorrow night, he would have two starts next week against Tampa Bay & Seattle, when it would be likely, again, that all 183 teams would have him.

Half of the owners seen this coming....I was not one of them. :(

Hey there Bobbo, looks like your secret weapon woke up today!

Yes...maybe it just took a little bad-mouthing of him....but, damn it all, it might have been a lot better! I don't know whether to blame Mike Trout, Erick Aybar or the Angels' manager. Pujols has two homeruns and three walks today. Twice now, they had Trout on first base and had him running while Aybar hit a ground ball to second base. Then, not surprisingly, Texas intentionally walked Pujols to pitch to Hamilton. No surprise there, Hamilton is 1 for 20 now....hitting a very cool .050 for the year. What I don't understand is why Trout was running in the first place. This last time it happened, the Angels had an 8-3 lead. They just took the bat out of Pujols' hands....twice.

Would it have not been a double play if Trout wasn't running?

Having Justin Upton on the bench this week has been a huge mistake. Atlanta had six games at home (and were facing some pretty good SPs against the Phillies), and I guess I listened too much to all that talk about how Upton's power numbers would be adversely affected by moving from Arizona's ballpark to Atlanta's. Evidently, Upton isn't going to have that much trouble reaching Atlanta's fences.

Unfortunately, both Simmons and Freeman are out. Freeman out for at least 3 weeks. He won't have as many good batters to knock in.

I really got clobbered yesterday in just about every category. I also am without Braun along with the two I mentioned before. They say he is having neck spasms and can't move his head. We all know how that goes...start him and he doesn't play till next weekend. Bench him and he misses a couple games and then hits 3-4 home runs.

I watch a little college baseball, but don't really have a favorite team. Of course i always want the Hoosiers to do well. Seems like they finally have a pretty good team. They have won 18 games in a row. They are now 25-3 along with 10-0 in the Big 10. That's pretty impressive.

What's the latest on Simmons....beyond today? I will have to make an 800K adjustment to get under cap if I have to put Tulo back in for Simmons (or use a purchase, which I don't plan on doing this early).

Beginning to think that the guys who picked Segura made a smart move.

Sprung thumb is all I know...not certain which hand, but am guessing his right. Even if it's not bad, I would think he would miss a few games. Everybody who played any kind of sport has had this injury. It doesn't start to get better until you stop using it. The Braves have several key players out right now. Along with Simmmons and Freeman, they also have Mccann, Venters, and of course Beachy.

i wish that I would have taken a better look at Buck...catcher for the Mets. CBS had him batting 7th so I didn't dig deep enough. He had a great spring, and started the season out the same way. Is also batting 5th. If he keeps up it might be him that I drop a pitcher for. Of course that is down the road a month or two.

It was his left thumb...so that is good. Upton can play short so he may still get a few days off. We have till 2:00 pm your time before we have to make a decision.

Good start for me. Boston gives Lester a 5 run lead, and the "over the hill gang" score 3 early on Verlander.

Starting to wish I would have never dropped Ellsbury.

Not mine! I have Price and Sale, and no Samardzija!

Verlander and Price both struggling today...at home. Morse hits another HR...off Chris Sale. (I like it. Lots of teams have Sale, not many teams have Morse.) Samardzija has 8 Ks thru three innings.

(And our teams are moving up thru the standings so far today!)

Bud, you must be having a tremendous day! Samardzija is having a big day...up to 11 k's. Middlebrooks having a great day for you as well. I found him and am the one who didn't stick with him. lol It's still just the first week, but already questioning some of my moves. Next weeks lineup is going to be a guessing game for me.

I'm having a very good day.....and it would be an absolutely great day if not for Price & Hamels. I had moved all the way up from 83rd to 42nd in gold, and from 74th to 36th in rookie. I'm now 49th & 41st, after the bad inning that Hamels just had and the completely awful day that Price is having...at home vs Cleveland.

In league standings, I have moved from 17th to 11th in gold and from 13th to 6th in rookie. (You can make big moves...in both directions...this early.)

Price has negated all the gains Lester was going to earn me. Could have been worse for Verlander....he had two other pitches that just missed the HR pole. I really missed the boat with Samardzija. Watched his first game and have flipped back and forth today. No fluke when you watch that guy. If I knew who to drop, I would pick him up immediately. You can't drop guys like Price/Wainwright out of the gate because of bad start or two. My cheap guys have all done well this week. 2 wins for Lester, and Cobb was great.

Price has negated all the gains Lester was going to earn me. Could have been worse for Verlander....he had two other pitches that just missed the HR pole. I really missed the boat with Samardzija. Watched his first game and have flipped back and forth today. No fluke when you watch that guy. If I knew who to drop, I would pick him up immediately. You can't drop guys like Price/Wainwright out of the gate because of bad start or two. My cheap guys have all done well this week. 2 wins for Lester, and Cobb was great.

Price was the last pitcher I added. Samardzija for Price would solve a lot of my cap problems. I have never pulled the trigger in the first week...have to sleep on it.

My hitters are batting .500 today (17 for 34), but it looks like I'm not going to get a single win out of five good SPs! (Verlander, Price, Strasburg, Hamels & Samardzija)

This can be a frustrating game sometimes! :)

I'm looking at just one win today, too. Two of my bench pitchers pitch tonight. Darvish/Weaver I need to root for Weaver since more teams have Darvish going. However, if Weavers wins than I have a 2 start pitcher with 2 wins on my bench. I don't see a happy ending! lol

My hitters are batting .500 today (17 for 34), but it looks like I'm not going to get a single win out of five good SPs! (Verlander, Price, Strasburg, Hamels & Samardzija)

This can be a frustrating game sometimes! :)

I'm batting .188 today and moved from 20th to 9th in my gold league. Just in 10th place in my rookie league. Same team....that doesn't happen very often.

There have been some dreadful pitching performances from some of the top SPs today.

ETA: Sure am glad I decided to put in Hamels as a 7th SP for Chapman this week. Hamels got rocked twice, while Chapman had two saves and a win. (As Roberto De Vicenzo would put it: "What a stupid I am!")

I keep seeing the ETA: in your post. Looks kind of a BTW or something. Does it stand for one of these, or something else?:

ETA Estimated Time of Arrival (also seen as ETOA)
ETA Employment and Training Administration (US Department of Labor)
ETA Electronic Travel Authority
ETA Electronic Transactions Association
ETA Elvis Tribute Artist
ETA Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (Basque Homeland and Liberty; terrorist group in Spain)
ETA Electronics Technicians Association (Greencastle, IN)
ETA European Technical Approval
ETA Environmental Transport Association (UK)
ETA Edited to Add
ETA English Teachers Association
ETA Electronic Transfer Account
ETA Expected Time of Arrival
ETA Electronic Tax Administration
ETA Event Tree Analysis
ETA Ethiopian Teachers' Association (Education International)
ETA European Thyroid Association
ETA Eicosatetraenoic Acid (biochemistry)
ETA Egyptian Tourist Authority
ETA Evangelical Training Association
ETA Eu Te Amo (Portuguese: I Love You)
ETA Electronic Travel Aid
ETA Effective Tax Administration
ETA Electronic Transportation Acquisition
ETA Embroidery Trade Association
ETA Executive Travel Associates
ETA Entertainment Technology Alliance
ETA Energy Tax Act
ETA Extension Travel Adjustment (Marzocchi bicycle forks)
ETA Exact Time of Arrival
ETA Estimated Transmitting Ability (cow breeding)
ETA Elektrotechnische Apparate GmbH (Nuremburg, Germany)
ETA European Tugowners' Association
ETA Experience the Adventure
ETA Evangelische Theologische Academie (Dutch: Evangelical Theological Academy; Netherlands)
ETA Eesti Teadeteagentuur (Estonian News Agency)
ETA Embedded Transport Acceleration (Intel)
ETA Experimental Test Accelerator
ETA Energy Technology Assessment
ETA Elgin Teachers Association
ETA Event Tracking Agent
ETA External Tank Attachment
ETA Engineering Technologies Associates
ETA Emergency Tire Assistance
EtA Eternal Allegiance (fan site)
ETA Extraterrestrial Activity
ETA Engineering Technologies Academy
ETA Emergency Towing Arrangement (requirement at forward & aft ends of oil tanker)
ETA Eelam Tamil Association (Sydney, Australia)
ETA Electronic Test Automation
ETA Etnoteam Adriatica
ETA Estimated Time Available
ETA Extraterrestrial Artifact
ETA E-Sektionens Teletekniska Avdelning
ETA Enterprise Transaction Archive
ETA Emergency Transport Attendant
ETA Electronic Target Acquisition (also sometimes abbreviated as E/TA)
ETA Engineering Test Article
ETA Eastern Training Area
ETA Ellenville Teachers Association
ETA Erosion Transport Accumulation
ETA Estimated Time for Accomplishment
ETA Engineering Task Assignment
ETA Exception Time Accounting
ETA Emirate Trading Agency (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
ETA Electro-Thermal Atomizer
ETA Evan Terry Associates, PC (Birmingham, AL)
ETA Earthville Travel Adventures
ETA European Tropospheric-Scatter Army (communications system)
ETA Engineering Technical Assistant
ETA External Tank Attack
ETA Electronics Test Area
ETA EOOW Training Assistant
ETA Enterprise Transaction Analysis
ETA Estimated Time Allocation (project management)
ETA Extra Terrestrial Alien
ETA Essential Tactical Advantage (Oxford, MI)
ETA Easy Tech Answers (Lansing, MI)
ETA Educational Therapy Assistant
ETA Executive Trade Associates
ETA English Teaching Assistantship (US State Department)
ETA Estaciones de Tiempo Automatizadas (Spanish: Automated Weather Stations)

Back