• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I know I mentioned before that I'm already regretting picking Stanton over Upton, but Stanton is skating on even thinner ice now. 0-1 with 3 walks yesterday does nothing but infuriate me. I know it's a long season, but as we questioned in spring training, why the hell would anyone pitch to him? And who the hell is he going to drive in? And if he hits a double instead of a hr, who the hell is going to hit him in?

He's probably going to find a way off my team very shortly...

I decided against getting him, but the thing that made him so enticing was that low price. If he had any kind of support around him in the lineup, 1120K would be dirt cheap for him.

That price is why I'm keeping him for now. Look at the other OFs priced around him. He has so much more talent than any of those guys. None of those guys are going to hit 40 HRs this year, Stanton still could.

That price is why I'm keeping him for now. Look at the other OFs priced around him. He has so much more talent than any of those guys. None of those guys are going to hit 40 HRs this year, Stanton still could.

I went back and forth, then kept him. I was thinking that nobody would pitch to him. Then I read a column that suggested why not pitch to him? There is no reason to pitch around a guy when nobody is backing him up. I'm starting to think low 30's in home runs is his cap for that team. I will probably give him another week, then stash him for a few weeks, and see how it all shakes out.

Cano having a big night so far...5 rbi's. Tried to get him in with his 7 games, but couldn't work it out. Of course if i would have known that Weaver was going on the DL if would have been easy. Am I not paying attention? Seems like I am getting all my information after the fact this year.

I think that my greatest fear is coming true (over managing) I think I will drop Weaver for Samardzija next week. I can then leave my blue-chip hitters in every week. Pitchers have to go in and out, and that lineup needs to be set first. However, your best hitters (blue-chippers need to play all the time.) Rolling the dice with them is just that...rolling the dice. I have not been playing very smart so far this year. It shouldn't take much to fix things, imo.

I wish that they had announced that Price, Hamels & Cain were going to be out 4 to 6 weeks....about 24 hours before the season began. :)

Other than Trout, (cause you had to pick him) the whole Angels team should have been on the DL. I doubt they will make the playoffs.

I went back and forth, then kept him. I was thinking that nobody would pitch to him. Then I read a column that suggested why not pitch to him? There is no reason to pitch around a guy when nobody is backing him up. I'm starting to think low 30's in home runs is his cap for that team. I will probably give him another week, then stash him for a few weeks, and see how it all shakes out.

Yeah I'm not doubting his talent, but 0-1 with 3 walks while some nobody behind him goes 0-4 is exactly why you don't pitch to him. I'm not completely out on him yet, but I think it was you who made the point with two start pitchers: if you aren't willing to put an ace in when he has two starts, then he probably shouldn't be on your team. I consider Stanton to be an ace on the hitting side, but I'm constantly looking for replacements for him. He's in my lineup this week because I thought Braun was gonna miss a few games.

I know he's a streaky hitter, and I'll probably just end up stashing him rather than dumping him, but my team is hurting right now. I'm still close enough in all the categories not to hit the panic button yet, except for RBI....so I'm gonna need to pull a trigger on a move somewhere soon to get another bat in the lineup.

It's hard to believe how screwed up my team is right now. It batted .385 yesterday and I still dropped like a rock in the standings. Lucky it's still so early that such drops can be overcome.

Who is going to close for St Louis? I think Motte is done for the year.

ETA: The Masters starts tomorrow morning. That is always one of my favorite events. I've been fortunate enough to have been twice...Friday in 1982 and Sunday in 1988. I was standing under the scoreboard in the 18th fairway that Sunday...across from the fairway trap...when Sandy Lyle hit that 7-iron out of the trap to 10 feet for the birdie to win the tournament. I noticed a story on Yahoo this morning that listed "The Five Greatest Shots in Masters History"...and Lyle's shot was one of the five.

How many guys from the "Fantrax Club" are entering a team in Sleepy's Grand Slam Contest? If so, you need to get your 6-man team PMd to him by 7 AM tomorrow morning. I really like my team...checking in at 405 points.

I had a really good day.
18 rbi's
14 runs
4 HR

I went to 10-52 gold and 6-32 in rookie.

We moved in opposite directions yesterday. My pitching is totally screwed up right now. My gold team is 24th in pitching this morning. I have five pitchers with ERAs above 8. And pitching is where I spent most of my money.

That happened to me 2 years ago...just bad luck. I had pretty much the same pitchers as everyone else, but didn't have them in at the right times. It can be really frustrating. I have taken a big risk not having Kershaw or Verlander. It's worked out ok so far with the help of Lee/Lester. I have really high hopes with Lester. He was lights out this spring, so I searched for articles on him. They broke down his release just like they do with a golfers swing to see what has changed. Found it, fixed it, and he seems back to his old self. Of course there is no guarantees he won't slip right back to last years problems. High risk/high reward i suppose, but as you know i like to take a couple chances on guys hardly anyone else owns. It usually bites me, but it makes it even more fun for me.

I have to work this weekend, so I am working on my team early. Probably won't drop Weaver this week. The top guys I want don't have good starts next week. No reason to purchase a player until you are ready to put him in. Only Wed. so this is likely to change a little. The hitting part looks really strong to me.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
1B Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 810,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
2B Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Longoria, Evan 3B,UT - TB 1,250,000
SS Simmons, Andrelton SS,UT - ATL 450,000
SS Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
OF Braun, Ryan OF,UT - MIL 1,710,000
OF Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,000,000
OF Morse, Michael OF,UT - SEA 900,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 550,000
UT Rutledge, Josh 2B,UT - COL 650,000
SP Cobb, Alex SP,P - TB 680,000
SP Gonzalez, Gio SP,P - WAS 1,240,000
SP Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
SP Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
SP Lester, Jon SP,P - BOS 920,000
SP Sale, Chris SP,P - CHW 1,090,000
RP Romo, Sergio RP,P - SF 1,050,000
RP Soriano, Rafael RP,P - WAS 1,020,000
RP Street, Huston RP,P - SD 1,060,000
P Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 29,900,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Freeman, Freddie 1B,UT - ATL 1,090,000
Cruz, Luis 3B,UT - LAD 450,000
Escobar, Alcides SS,UT - KC 900,000
Hamilton, Josh OF,UT - LAA 1,470,000
Stanton, Giancarlo OF,UT - MIA 1,120,000
Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
Price, David SP,P - TB 1,430,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,250,000
Teheran, Julio SP,P - ATL 440,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Weaver, Jered SP,P - LAA 1,390,000
Total 12,690,000

Looks like at least number 12 purchase for tigerpride. He dropped 2 shortstops last week, but only picked up one....Reyes. The real question is....how many SS will he buy? :)

My gold team is 10th in my league in hitting....and 25th, dead last, in pitching. It's still hard to believe that I started 5 of the highest-priced SPs (Verlander, Kershaw, Price, Hamels & Felix)...began opening day with 38 shutout innings...and now, less than two weeks into the season, have a team ERA above 4.

ETA: Price & Hamels weren't part of those 38 scoreless innings, obviously. They were the 6th & 7th SPs. Price didn't pitch until Tuesday. The other two who had the opening day scoreless outting in addition to Verlander, Kershaw & Felix were Samardzija & Strasburg.

My turn to drop like a rock. Sale got killed and I am 1 for 16 at the plate. Lester pitched another nice game against Price with a no-decision.

Yeah I'm down to 23rd.

I'm gonna have to make some moves, but it's a tough call because for the most part my cheap guys are hitting.....it's Votto, Longo, Posey, Heyward, Stanton, Cespedes, etc etc that aren't carrying their weight.....dead last in ERA and W, but I'm dumping a ton of coin into pitching....bleh

Looks like Morse is out for most of next week...injuries are really hurting me. Most i can remember in the first 2 weeks of a season.

Looks like Morse is out for most of next week...injuries are really hurting me. Most i can remember in the first 2 weeks of a season.

Yeah it's a big reason why I'm behind. Missed at bats from so many different guys. I've avoided a big injury so far, but all these miss 2-3 games are piling up and I'm very far behind the leaders in at bats...

I think I just did a bad thing. I decided I was going to drop Greinke for Matt Harvey. So I made that drop and all my roster moves at the same time. I clicked confirm and the moves went through. Then I realized that I was going to have Harvey on my bench for this week (I think he starts at Col this week), so I might as well wait a week and see what happens. So I but Greinke back onto my reserves in Harvey's spot. I guess I assumed that if I started the period with the same exact squad, it wouldn't count against my transactions. However, it now shows that I only have 13 claims left. Do you think I can petition to get the claims back?

I think I just did a bad thing. I decided I was going to drop Greinke for Matt Harvey. So I made that drop and all my roster moves at the same time. I clicked confirm and the moves went through. Then I realized that I was going to have Harvey on my bench for this week (I think he starts at Col this week), so I might as well wait a week and see what happens. So I but Greinke back onto my reserves in Harvey's spot. I guess I assumed that if I started the period with the same exact squad, it wouldn't count against my transactions. However, it now shows that I only have 13 claims left. Do you think I can petition to get the claims back?

Yeah, I'd email them. Even if they don't completely give you the claim back, maybe they could at least let you keep the original transaction with Harvey for Grienke.....the kid is lights out right now.

I doubt it. Once a transaction is made, it is counted. You can try, but I don't think you will get anywhere with it. What you probably should have done....after you realized that you weren't going to use Harvey next week...is just marked it up to making a move without completely thinking it thru & not done anything else. You didn't want Greinke back on your roster under any circumstance. As ace has always said, there is no need to put a new player on your roster unless you are going to use him that week.

ETA: You might try the tact of saying that you were a first-time player, and thought that you could reverse a drop/purchase without it counting...or something to that effect.

Yeah, it's at least worth a try to see if they well do anything for me.

Hey, nice outing Gio.....

ETA - And for the love of god, put Weeks back in the 2 hole you jackass.

Last edited:
I already have a response from Fantrax support: "Since this was an honest first-timer mistake, we have reversed those
claims for you."

I'm pretty impressed they straightened this out for me so quickly.

Back