• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I already have a response from Fantrax support: "Since this was an honest first-timer mistake, we have reversed those
claims for you."

I'm pretty impressed they straightened this out for me so quickly.

That's really bad ass. I was with Bob, I didn't think they were going to do anything, but kudos to them for recognizing that it was an honest, harmless error....

Unless they skip over a pitcher, Matt Harvey will now get a start at home against Washington due to the rain out today.

Unless they skip over a pitcher, Matt Harvey will now get a start at home against Washington due to the rain out today.

As much as I like Harvey, i think that Bumgarner is the best choice for me at the moment to replace Weaver. He has a start at home against SD next week. Very good pitcher, and most of all, SF just knows how to win.

We can add Paul Maholm 830k to the list of cheap pitchers that are off to great starts. Wish I would have had some of these guys from the get-go. Too early for me to start picking them up. I do plan to replace Weaver this week.

This is a strong roster, but they still have to hit/pitch. What looks good on paper doesn't always happen on the ball field.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Napoli, Mike C,UT - BOS 760,000
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
1B Rizzo, Anthony 1B,UT - CHC 810,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
2B Cano, Robinson 2B,UT - NYY 1,530,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Longoria, Evan 3B,UT - TB 1,250,000
SS Simmons, Andrelton SS,UT - ATL 450,000
SS Tulowitzki, Troy SS,UT - COL 1,270,000
OF Braun, Ryan OF,UT - MIL 1,710,000
OF Brown, Domonic OF,UT - PHI 480,000
OF Gonzalez, Carlos OF,UT - COL 1,360,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,000,000
OF Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 550,000
OF Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,450,000
UT Escobar, Alcides SS,UT - KC 900,000
UT Rutledge, Josh 2B,UT - COL 650,000
SP Bumgarner, Madison SP,P - SF 1,200,000
SP Cobb, Alex SP,P - TB 680,000
SP Darvish, Yu SP,P - TEX 1,000,000
SP Hernandez, Felix SP,P - SEA 1,250,000
SP Lee, Cliff SP,P - PHI 1,170,000
SP Lester, Jon SP,P - BOS 920,000
RP Romo, Sergio RP,P - SF 1,050,000
RP Soriano, Rafael RP,P - WAS 1,020,000
RP Street, Huston RP,P - SD 1,060,000
P Chapman, Aroldis SP,P - CIN 1,110,000
Total 29,770,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Freeman, Freddie 1B,UT - ATL 1,090,000
Cruz, Luis 3B,UT - LAD 450,000
Hamilton, Josh OF,UT - LAA 1,470,000
Stanton, Giancarlo OF,UT - MIA 1,120,000
Morse, Michael OF,UT - SEA 900,000
Gonzalez, Gio SP,P - WAS 1,240,000
Price, David SP,P - TB 1,430,000
Sale, Chris SP,P - CHW 1,090,000
Scherzer, Max SP,P - DET 1,050,000
Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,250,000
Teheran, Julio SP,P - ATL 440,000
Wainwright, Adam SP,P - STL 1,100,000
Total 12,630,000

Ha, nope. I started out with the same rosters for both, but last week I made some changes for one team, then got caught up and forgot to make them for the other team. I tried this week to get them back closer to each other, but there is still one or two guys different. I imagine in a month or so, they will be the same again....

Well, that explains it, then. I was having a heckuva time trying to figure out how the exact same lineup could be 31st in the rookie leagues and 102nd in the gold leagues. My plan is always to keep the exact same roster & lineup for both of my teams until the last month of the season. At that point, I might alter them a litttle, depending upon each team's situation and particular needs in the last few weeks. Typically, though, the needs are going to be about the same in both leagues if I have had the exact same team for the entire year.

I agree a 100 percent. That DiegoTiger failed to make the same changes for both teams suggest just how hard it would be to manage 2 teams with different rosters. Even if I had the time, I wouldn't want to be that committed. Last year I managed my gold team with my rookie team following suit. When it became apparent that my gold team couldn't finish in the money, I managed my rookie team (which still had a chance) and then mirrored my gold team. As always, everyone here is their own boss, so they have to manage their team/s to how they see fit.

I made my first move this week. Bumgarner for Weaver. That was a pretty easy move, since Weaver is out for 4-6 weeks. Bumgarner is almost 200k less and probably has as much upside. Actually, experience is the only thing that Weaver has on him. The schedule will certainly favor Bumgarner. I went back and forth with these two (with Cain in the mix) during the spring. Obviously, I went the wrong way...it happens. :)

After reading my own post I take back the experience part. Bumgarner may only be 23 years old, but his playoff experience is twofold.

Last edited:
I wish I had Romo....for all the reasons you have mentioned...Giants' starters, Giants' ballpark, Giants' ability to find a way to win, etc. One of the first purchases I make (barring an injury, of course), might be Romo for Perkins. Shoud've done that in my opening roster. That was definitely a mistake. Perkins is only 110K cheaper, which wasn't enough reason to take him over Romo. I'll give Perkins a little more time. He has six games at home next week (Apr 22-28). (I've already made my lineup for next week. Tried to go ahead and enter it, but trades are locked until 7 PM. It's an even 30M. Putting in three 2-start SPs (Price, Hamels & Felix) and keeping Bumgarner, Cobb & Samardzija. Only had to make two hitter trades: Rutledge in for Kinsler & Mauer in for Posey. Then I decided to put Alex Gordon in for Allen Craig. That got me back to 29.89M...unfortunately, just 10K short of keeping Posey instead of Mauer. (LOL....I could use that 110K to get Romo for Perkins.....which would probably be a good use of a purchase.)

ETA: You can make trades as early in the week as you wish...because you have unlimited changes available to you if you change your mind. It's the purchases that you don't want to make until the last minute, in case of injury.

Looks like being short may work in your favor. Mauer had a big night!

Taking a long, hard look at Cargo (beginning to think he is a "must have" as it looks like he might be back 100% to what he was a couple of years ago before some injuries), David Wright (ditto for him, after his injury-shortened 2011 year...and whom not many teams have) and Shelby Miller (two really good starts so far...and only 640K. watching him tonight at Pittsburgh, and Teheran tomorrow at Pittsburgh). And, of course, Matt Harvey. As I said, I need to eventually replace a couple of high-priced SPs for some good cheaper ones. Miller (whom almost nobody has) & and Harvey (whom many teams have) might be guys to get. (The verdict is still out on Teheran.) Personally, I like Miller & Harvey better than Maholm, though he is obviously off to a great start.

Who to drop? That's the hard part. Obviously, Zimmerman would go for Wright. I'm thinking Cain as one of the SPs for either Miller or Harvey. For Cargo, I'd either drop an outfielder (tough choice there...looks like it would have to be Heyward, Cespedes or Bruce) or temporarily drop my 12th SP (don't know who that would be right now...Teheran maybe, even though he is so cheap, if he doesn't show improvement).

I may drop Teheran before he ever makes my starting lineup. I said that I wouldn't go with another one of those cheap pitchers this year. I didn't follow through with that, or with going with 3 catchers. Last time I checked not many had Harvey in my leagues....that will probably change soon if he keeps going.

One good thing about my team is there are plenty of blue-chip hitters. So the hitters are already in place when I purchase cheaper pitchers.

I have Teheran in my lineup this week.....tomorrow night at Pittsburgh.

On a positive note...Starling Marte is turning out to be a great pick so far, don't you think?

I was a little worried about him at first, but he has really come on. He has been in my lineup all year. I'm doing really well in the hitting categories. Even have 15.5 points in steals which is unusual for me. Pitching has really sucked other than saves. Getting bombed a few times isn't the only problem. Somehow, with 13 starters, I haven't got enough starts. My innings pitched is toward the bottom of the league. At least 75 percent of my pitcher's starts have been on the road this year....that will change. My hitting should take care of itself, just need to improve my pitching stats over the next couple weeks.

7 in my gold have Harvey while 10 in my rookie have him. 1 claim in gold, and 3 in rookie.

So much for not going with pitchers going against each other. lol Scherzer/Felix have 21 strike outs through 6 1/2 innings. I went with FH at home.

WOW 24 k's going into the 9th. Doubt I will score with this game. Upside is that I own them both.

This can be a crazy game sometimes. Since Felix was going against Scherzer & Detroit, I went with Kershaw at home against San Diego instead. Go figure.

(I know things will get better....I just wish they would start doing it soon! :) )

On a positive note: Shelby Miller impressed me tonight in his 3rd start this year. Had a rough start on the road with 4 hits in the 1st inning, but got out of it with only one run scoring....then only had three more baserunners in the next five innings combined, to go along with six strikeouts. I think I'm going to pick up him & Cargo this weekend.

We talked about Miller in the preseason. He looks good so far, but I don't think I would pull the trigger on him this early. As far as Cargo, he is money when he is healthy. You just have to have a bat on the bench if he goes on the DL. Same goes with Tulo. Too good not to have, but you have to be able to back them up. I took this in consideration when I put my team together.

I had scherzer on my bench and I don't own FHer, but somehow I rose to 4th place and 20th overall yesterday.

Does anyone own Everth Cabrera? He could steal 40 bases pretty easily this year. The only question is how much he kills your avg. He hit his second home run last night and his avg is right at .300. My three SS are Segura, Castro, and Rollins. I think I might drop Rollins for him and then bench Castro until he gets going.

I need to get a few guys that most teams don't have. And my team is shaking out like it usually does....great in batting average & runs scored and hurting in power categories. I'm now in 14th place in my rookie league....but 1st in batting average and 2nd in runs scored.

My hitting categories are keeping me in the middle of the pack. era/wins/SO/whip total 21.5 points, and whip is almost half of those points. I have only 1 start in the first 3 days this week. Should have 11 starts next week. It wouldn't take a whole lot for me to land in the top 5 of my league.

I don't like the "score" feature. I think its a cheat sheet for those who don't do their homework. Not using it would just further the advantage...so I use it too. :)

Back