• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I really do not understand that. Even if he had exactly the guys he wants now, there are going to be injuries during the year. As you said, he might as well have burned that $380.

On a brighter note, Napoli is having a huge night for you. I checked the overall standings in the rookie leagues a few minutes ago, and we now have two guys on the "first leader board" (top 25)....Orioles Magic was #23 & Punch n Judy was #25....and you are heading toward the first leader board, in the 30s now.

Middlebrooks also had a 3 run home run. Napol is leading all of baseball in rbi's at the moment. (25) That is a pleasant surprise for me. He made the most of batting 4th in Ortiz's absents. With Ellsbury, Victorina, and Pedoria at the top of the order there are a lot of opportunities. (Ellsbury already picked me up a SB)

Napoli has just 4 HR, but 25 rbi's. Upton has 9 HR, and just 13 rbi's. That's crazy. It's also could be why Simmons found himself batting 8th. I went ahead and held on to Simmons this week. Hopefully Ellsbury can help me out with steals. My goal is really just middle of the pack in steals.

I can explain that: Simmons & Heyward haven't been doing squat.

IMO, the problem with Heyward is that he came up too soon. He should have spent another year or two in the minor leagues. He is still just 23 years old. Maybe Freeman coming back this week will help. I'm not so sure they wouldn't be better off batting him (Freeman) in the 2 spot. Move Heyward to the 5 spot.

On this date last year 10 teams in my league had 40 or more home runs. Only 1 team in this year's league has under 40 home runs.

I hate doubleheaders. Not once have they ever worked out in my favor. They wreck your batting average at the very least.

I was hoping to get two starts out of Scherzer and Niese this week, but then Scherzer gets rained out today and Niese leaves in the 3rd inning getting hit by a comebacker.

I'll tell ya what I hate....pitchers who walk batters. Kershaw had two outs with nobody on base tonight with a 1-0 lead. He walked two straight batters...and then gave up two hits. Both guys who walked scored. Kershaw pitched tonight like he did 3 or 4 years ago....going deep in all the counts, walking guys, and throwing 111 pitches in only 5 innings. He's got the stuff. Why does he play around with hitters like that? It's maddening.

Wainwright walked his first batter of the year in 37 innings tonight (Harper). He has 37 strikeouts. Scherzer has 30 strikeouts and only 4 walks.

I'm thankful that I have Wainwright, but I wish that I had Scherzer (1050K), Darvish (1000K) & Miller (640K) instead of three of my higher-priced SPs.

(And one more thing about Harper. I know he's young & cocky....but that kid can flat-out play!)

Wainwright was money tonight. I questioned whether he could get 2 starts. Starting to get that sick feeling in my stomach.

What kind of an idiot takes the hottest hitter in the game out of his lineup right before he goes to Coors Field? Justin Upton is only 5 for 10 with two homeruns, three RBIs & four runs scored so far this week. My managing so far this year has been embarassingly bad.....as reflected by my teams' current standing of 106th & 100th overall. As Roberto de Vincenzo would say: "What a stupid I am!"

I understand putting CarGo in, after all, he has 3 home games, and then 4 at AZ. Upton has 6 road games. Of course an argument could be made for why you didn't have both of them starting.

I wish they had stats of how players do in cold weather. I think CarGo might struggle a lot when the weather is really cold.

Lester not having a great day. What a disaster it would be if Harvey gets bombed tonight. It is a pitchers night with game time temp around 58%. This will be the first time that I have watched him.

Lester not having a great day. What a disaster it would be if Harvey gets bombed tonight. It is a pitchers night with game time temp around 58%. This will be the first time that I have watched him.

His stuff is electric.....helped me decide to pick him up even though he was facing Washington last week.

His stuff is electric.....helped me decide to pick him up even though he was facing Washington last week.

I'm looking forward to watching him pitch. I usually don't purchase a pitcher without watching him first. I have just seen highlights so far.

Scherzer and Lester not getting their 2 starts this week is a really bad break for me. Not only did I lose 2 starts, but I now have 8 pitchers with 2 starts next week. I could have gotten more starts without having to take Chapman out. I probably will take Chapman out for one of the few times this year. I need to get back in the mix in strikeouts/wins. Especially strikeout where I am in 24th place.

What kind of an idiot takes the hottest hitter in the game out of his lineup right before he goes to Coors Field? Justin Upton is only 5 for 10 with two homeruns, three RBIs & four runs scored so far this week. My managing so far this year has been embarassingly bad.....as reflected by my teams' current standing of 106th & 100th overall. As Roberto de Vincenzo would say: "What a stupid I am!"

Wanna talk stupid? Idiots? I am in 24th place in strikeouts. Darvish who has a 13.7 K9 rate has pitched a total of 7 innings for me this year. He has been the best pitcher so far this year, yet he rides the pine for the River Bats. He is going in next week, and won't come out until he starts getting beat up. That might not happen this year. He is not your typical Japanese pitcher. He is in his prime, and is 6' 5" 225 pounds. So you are not the only "stupid" around here, Bud. lol

Brown had a good day today. I was thinking about the same thing with him, but how to get him to the bench. I would rather have Simmons in right now. I hate to add Eaton when he could easily struggle as well.

Completely off topic....but I needed to mention it:

A true legend died today. George Jones was, to me at least, the greatest country music singer of all time...and one of the greatest singers of any kind for all time.

His anthem song "He Stopped Loving Her Today" has, sadly, finally come to pass. Now he & Tammy are "Together Again". Rest in peace, Possum. Millions of fans will miss you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3GgoLtlWk

I was never a country music fan. That i could instantly recognize his voice shows the kind of influence he had across the board.

Brown is having his best week of the year. I still plan to take him out next week. Ellesbury along with Marte have combined for 7 steals this week. I was quickly falling behind in steals, so picking up Ellesbury helped to plug that hole before I got too far behind. I'm trying to just make corrections rather then go for the guy out there that is hot. Too many times have we seen guys be red hot in April than slump in May. Of course that road goes in both directions. Take Morse for example. He was blistering the ball. Got hit and broke his pinky. After setting a week he has lost his timing, and can't touch the ball. My pitching is what is keeping me out of the top 5 in my gold league. Seems like I have had everyone in for their worst game. My pitchers combined era whip is 2.81-1.036. However, while on my team it is 3.54-1.165.

HAHA, that is awesome. I've been to a Ted Nugent AND a Lady Antebellum concert.

Oh, on topic, Josh Donaldson is really helping me out since Frazier, Rizzo, and a few other of my guys are tanking.

I cover a wide area in musical interests. I mean...I've been to a Cinderella concert, for heaven's sakes. Pink Floyd is probably my favorite group, if I had to pick only one (well, next to Bruce & the E-Street Band, but that kind of goes without saying)....but I loved George Jones. (I've also been to a George Jones/Merle Haggard concert, too.)

Wonder how many people have been to both a Cinderella concert and a George Jones concert?

If Ted Nugent was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.

Sorry for getting political there, but I couldn't let that son of a bitch Ted Nugent slide. What a sorry bastard he is:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a1_1250550290

No reason to apologize, Bud. No rules here about content. It would be nice if you at least come clean about your hatred for Nugent. It has nothing to do with Vietnam. You hate him for his political views. If it was about Vietnam then you would also hate Bill Clinton and Howard Dean. We all know how you admire those two. lol

Back