• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't think that many teams are going to have more than 1 or 2 two-start SPs this week. I don't have any....but I should have five of them next week, for 11 total starts.

I'm one of the few people who has Julio Teheran this week...so he could really help me tonight. So far this week, I've just been drifting further back in the standings. In the 3rd full week now, this is one of the worst starts that I can remember....and it's mostly due to poor performances by some of the highest-priced pitchers.

Plan to watch Teheran pitch tonight. You can tell a lot more by watching a pitcher than just by his numbers. I have Lester going at Cleveland tonight.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't think that many teams are going to have more than 1 or 2 two-start SPs this week. I don't have any....but I should have five of them next week, for 11 total starts.

I'm one of the few people who has Julio Teheran this week...so he could really help me tonight. So far this week, I've just been drifting further back in the standings. In the 3rd full week now, this is one of the worst starts that I can remember....and it's mostly due to poor performances by some of the highest-priced pitchers.

Plan to watch Teheran pitch tonight. You can tell a lot more by watching a pitcher than just by his numbers. I have Lester going at Cleveland tonight.

I am in 12 place, but just 4 points out of 8th. My points have to come from pitching. Last year was my best start ever. Was blowing everyone away 3 weeks into the season, and still finished middle of the pack. Always good to get off to a great start, but there is no reason to panic no matter what place you are in right now.

I'm already up to 9th place. In 24 at bats my team has 5 home runs, 9 runs scored, and 9 rbi's. This really helps since I will have to take a big bat out next week to get all those pitchers in.

I'm already up to 9th place. In 24 at bats my team has 5 home runs, 9 runs scored, and 9 rbi's. This really helps since I will have to take a big bat out next week to get all those pitchers in.

9th in my Gold and 12th in my rookie. You don't see that very often.

Does anyone own Everth Cabrera? He could steal 40 bases pretty easily this year. The only question is how much he kills your avg. He hit his second home run last night and his avg is right at .300. My three SS are Segura, Castro, and Rollins. I think I might drop Rollins for him and then bench Castro until he gets going.

I had Cabrera on my roster pretty much up until opening day. He's definitely a monster in the SB category, and he isn't under any pressure to lose his spot. He definitely won't stay at .300, but I don't think he's .220 bad or whatever he hit last year either....my Friars are pretty sucky this year, but Cabrera is pretty much guaranteed the 1 or 2 hole, followed by Headley, Quentin, and Alonso, which really isn't too bad...

I had Cabrera on my roster pretty much up until opening day. He's definitely a monster in the SB category, and he isn't under any pressure to lose his spot. He definitely won't stay at .300, but I don't think he's .220 bad or whatever he hit last year either....my Friars are pretty sucky this year, but Cabrera is pretty much guaranteed the 1 or 2 hole, followed by Headley, Quentin, and Alonso, which really isn't too bad...

What is up with Gyorko? I was really excited to get him in my keeper league, but he is killing me so far.

Does anyone own Everth Cabrera? He could steal 40 bases pretty easily this year. The only question is how much he kills your avg. He hit his second home run last night and his avg is right at .300. My three SS are Segura, Castro, and Rollins. I think I might drop Rollins for him and then bench Castro until he gets going.

I looked at him, but went with Alcides Escobar instead. I thought Escobar offered a better BA although a few less steals. Escobar is batting around .250 so far. I'm doing much better in BA than I expected. I'm starting to regret not having Upton. He is almost 300k cheaper than Hamilton who is still struggling.

What is up with Gyorko? I was really excited to get him in my keeper league, but he is killing me so far.

I dunno, he's killing me in my other H2H league as well....

Speaking of guys killing me, Justin Upton either needs to calm the hell down, or I need to pick him up.....the baseball gods continue to curse the day I chose Stanton over him.

I haven't had Cain in my lineup all year...and won't be having him. He's a goner. So is Teheran. I've seen enough of him. For a 200-300K more I can get a Shelby Miller or Matt Harvey. I'm known for not liking "one & done" basketball players, but I'm going to make Julio Teheran a "one & done" pitcher for my team.

Right now, I'm thinking about holding off on picking up David Wright next week...if Ryan Zimmerman can play...because Zimmerman has 7 games at home. I'm definitely picking up Cargo & Shelby Miller with my first two purchases....and giving a lot of thought to picking up Alex Rios as well. Almost nobody has Miller, Rios or Wright. I'm going to drop Cain & Teheran for sure. My 3rd drop, if I get Rios, will probably be Andrelton Simmons. That will leave SS uncovered, but I will just go with Tulo & Castro for the time being, until I figure out who to get later for a backup SS. I've decided that Simmons isn't the answer....and I don't think he is going back to leadoff anytime soon, either. There are several cheap shortstops to pick from. Not as cheap as Simmons, but cheap enough to work in the budget. Then, later, when I pick up a SS, I will decide which one of those 10 outfielders to drop....probably Heyward, but maybe Cespedes.

Noway would I pay 1260k for Rios....especially this time of year. He is known for these little spurts, and is notorious for long periods that he can't touch the ball.

Simmons will get his lead off spot back when BJ goes on the d,l or before. Its April 19th, don't get too trigger happy. There is a reason that Simmons started the season as the lead off man.

I have never played a keeper league. I think that I would do well in that format. Getting Gyorko in a keeper league should work out well for you, imo.

I have Teheran in my lineup this week.....tomorrow night at Pittsburgh.

On a positive note...Starling Marte is turning out to be a great pick so far, don't you think?

ETA: When I said that "many" teams have Harvey, that was actually compared to some other "sleepers". Seems like around half the teams overall have him now and, as you said, that number is going to increase quickly if he keeps going the way he has started.

I think we jinxed Marte...struck out 5 times tonight!

Strikeouts have always been a problem for him. Not too concerned about last night, though. He's been on a tear and was due for an off night.

Checked the standings this morning. My teams are a dreadful 99th & 102nd overall....but I have 4 starters going tonight. This would be a good day to start my comeback! :)

I am 10-55 in gold and 12-49 in rookie. That is a little odd.

I am down to three 2 start pitchers for next week. Doubt Lester will get 2 starts with all that madness going on in Boston.

I'm going to have 5 two-start SPs...but it's going to cost me, because 4 of them are expensive (Kershaw, Price, Hamels & Felix).

I have that same crew.....are we gonna keep running out Hamels and Price? I think I'm slightly less concerned about Hamels, but I'm dead last in era and it has a lot to do with those jokers.

I'm doing ok in steals so far. I expect to fall to single points at some point. Cabrera could really help me out too. Easy budget fit when I add another cheap pitcher.

I thought Simmons might steal 20 or so bases this year. Not being a leadoff guy hurts. He also tends to get thrown out.

Great start by Cobb......3 hits, a walk & 2 runs in the first five batters.

He came out of it well and went 7.1 innings, and got the win. Darvish had a good win for me, and Bumgarner gave me some much needed strike outs. Finished the day 8-46 in my gold and 5-27 in my rookie league.

My teams are going nowhere. Started the day 99th & 102nd and finished the day 99th & 103rd. Gotta start making a few moves here. I know it's too early to panic...but doing nothing isn't the answer, either. I've got entirely too much money tied up in expensive SPs, when there are so many good cheaper ones that I don't have. Darvish is one example. He is putting up numbers like a guy who should be priced about 300K higher....and that is an added value that I missed.

ETA: Yes, Cobb settled down...but it still wasn't a great start for him. Got the win, but only 3 Ks, and his WHIP numbers were bad. I know he performed well enough for his 680K price...and I'm not complaining about him.

Yep, one step forward, two steps back. I got good performances from Darvish and Harvey, and then Samardjza comes in and blows the effort up. I made my changes last week, and hopefully these bastards Hamels and Price stop screwing around this next week...

I just pulled the trigger on my first two (actual) claims. Dropped Ryan Zimm for Wright and dropped Greinke for Harvey. I'm going to hold off on the Everth Cabrera pickup because it looks like Starlin Castro is heating up.

Here is what I'm looking at for next week:

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C Posey, Buster C,UT - SF 990,000
C Wieters, Matt C,UT - BAL 790,000
1B Goldschmidt, Paul 1B,UT - ARI 1,120,000
1B Votto, Joey 1B,UT - CIN 1,470,000
2B Altuve, Jose 2B,UT - HOU 980,000
2B Pedroia, Dustin 2B,UT - BOS 1,210,000
3B Cabrera, Miguel 3B,UT - DET 1,700,000
3B Wright, David 3B,UT - NYM 1,300,000
SS Castro, Starlin SS,UT - CHC 1,120,000