• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Wainwright & Sale are priced the same (1100K & 1090K). I decided that Wainwright was the safer pick. Could wind up being wrong, of course. St Louis is a better park for pitchers, too.

ETA: Rookie #3 is now full. Gold #4 has 23 teams.

(Just talked to "Tiger Pride" on the phone, and he said that as of this morning there were 20 teams in Gold League #8.)

There is 22 teams in my gold league #6

I am so ready for the baseball season to start. Still watching the tournament, but can't help but be a little down. I want to root for Big 10 teams, but if Louisville wins it would crush UK fans.....I would enjoy that. :) Would lift my spirits.

Not real happy with my team, but it's about time to go. I have too many pitchers/outfielders to suit me. Would like to drop one for a catcher. (castro) I can't make up my mind who to drop so I won't make anymore changes. My team is going to need more managing this year. I like it when most of the team can be left in all the time. That's probably not going to be the case this year.

I'm pretty well satisfied with my team. Of course, I should be, as much time as I spent putting the final edition together.

I wish the Angels would just make Frieri their closer. I think he is better than Madson, anyway. Can't take a chance on that, though. (The Angels could trade Madson to the Tigers. LOL....then I could get both of them.)

I looked at that situation yesterday while looking for my 4th closer. It would be helpful if we knew the extent of Motte's injury. Boggs is not a bad closer for 800k. I decided that Street was the best choice. He is right in that price range at 1060k. He can be counted on for 30+ saves. I have 4 solid closers this year so hopefully no purchases will have to be wasted early for that position this year. Of the things I planned to differently this year, having 4 solid closers to start the year is the only thing I implemented.

Saves is one of my worst scoring categories almost every year....just like Runs is one of my best categories almost every year. I can't seem to get a handle on what to do with closers. Always seems to be a crapshoot for me.

Seems like I always have to make a comeback in the saves category. Having a risky guy and going with 7 starters is what gets me behind. I did better as far as not going with 7 starters as much last year. I have 7 two start pitchers the first week, but will bench Weaver. I really believe that having 4 solid closers, and leaving them in as much as possible, than that category will take care of itself. I'm going to try and stick with that concept this year. Hopefully, it will save a purchase or two, and will be one less thing to manage.

3 saves and 7 or 8 strikeouts is very possible for him. (6 home games) I would give up a possible win and as many strikeouts anytime coming out of the gate. I doubt the era or whip of the starter will be as good either. Of course i probably just jinxed myself. He will probably get bombed along with taking a come-backer to the head first game. :)

Well, I'm off to an Easter afternoon cookout at my brother's house. I'll check back in late this afternoon. My gold league still has 23 teams. Looking forward to the season getting started.....though Kinsler is my only player tonight.

(Need to check on Rutledge's condition, too, before the deadline....though I think he is O.K.)

I only have 1 guy today. Jose Altuve for Houston. Hope he steals 5 bases.

I want to wish everyone good luck. Whoever has the most fun, wins!

They ended up with 5 Gold Leagues (125 teams) & 6 Rookie Leagues (150 teams).

That's not bad odds for the $20,000 overall 1st place in the Gold Leagues...only 125 teams. (And $5,000 for 2nd, $2,500 for 3rd, $1,500 for 4th, $1,000 for 5th, with smaller prizes down to 10th. Plus top 5 payouts in each league, with the league winner taking home $1,000.)

That's a total payout of over 95% of the entry fees in the Gold Leagues. (125 teams x $380 = $47,500 total entry fees. $31,800 total paid to top 10 overall & $2,700 paid to top 5 in each league. Total payout of $45,300.)

Only competing with 125 teams for 20 grand...that's crazy! I remember Diamond Challenge having anywhere from 3500 to 6000. We were competing for 25 grand. Hell, we had 250 teams just in our division. I know it's not about the money, but that is pretty enticing.

They moved me to league #1 in the gold. Tigerpride is also in that league.

I'm already benching a 2 start pitcher, and my 2 best starts are on the bench. (Darvish and Gio)

I have looked at about half the rosters in my league. There is always some funny teams. One guy has 17 pitchers and only one reserve hitter. Another only has 3 RP and none of them are closers. The rest of his team looks pretty good, so maybe that is by design. All 3 are cheap.

Tried to get Rizzo in for a utility spot this mourning. Couldn't work it out, and he hits a 2 run homer in his first at bat. The first week is always crazy with all the pitchers.

Thanks for your influence on Harper. Only 1 team in my league doesn't have him and he has hit 2 home runs today.

He's going to have a monster year, in my opinion. The kid is brash & cocky....but he can hit!

ETA: It's always interesting to look at some of the rosters. One guy in my rookie league (Kickin' Yo Ass) is starting 6 one-start SPs, with Felix & Verlander on his bench....and 4 catchers.

LOL, now that's funny. I haven't looked at any of the rookie league teams yet. Lester is off to a good start for me @ Yankee Stadium. Of course that Yankee lineup may be the worst ever.

Hamels is killing me. This afternoon, my 4 starters had 4 wins, 30 innings, 28 strikeouts...with a 0.00 ERA & a 0.50 WHIP. Now Hamels has given up 2 HRs in the first two innings. My four big hitters in that Angels/Reds game haven't helped, either. (Pujols, Trout, Votto & Bruce) They are a combined 1 for 16 and have left 10 men on base.

It has been an interesting 1st day, so far.

Thought you only had 11 starts? You have Felix and Wainwright tonight, so that is 12 even if you didn't go with 7 starters.

I have 14 starts...but no Wainwright. Hamels & Felix tonight. I'm already wishing that I had dropped Hamels for Samardzija instead of Sale. LOL. That would have saved 250K, too. Of course, this is just one start....and going against that Atlanta lineup in Atlanta is no bargain. I'm still doing OK so far. Think I'm around 7th or 8th in my league. Of course, the standings are totally meaningless now...and will be for a couple of weeks yet.

(You must've missed the followups in my post #242.)

Yeah, the standings are all over the place. I started the day in 2nd with lots of teams. Spent a couple hours in dead last. Last time I checked the River Bats were in 10th place. I don't worry much about batters today, or even the first few days. I do like my starters to get off to a good start. To me that is the most important stat of opening day.

Well, he hasn't been my best start, but nor is it my worst. Last year was my best star, and it turned out to be a disaster.

Other than Hamels, my pitching was spectacular. My other 5 SPs had 5 wins and threw 38 scoreless innings with 36 strikeouts. In my gold league, even with Hamels I am 1st in overall pitching scores. However, I am 22nd in hitting....which puts me 11th overall in the league (and which means nothing right now). Amazing, though, how my pitching could be so great for one day and my hitting so terrible. My team "hit" for a .162 average yesterday. LOL.

I collected 4 wins in 5 starts. My era was 1.27 for the day. That has me in 18th place in era. Normally that would have been an extraordinarily good day. I will say this, I don't think any of the Ace starters got beat up yesterday....that's a little unusual.

I watched some of that Cub game yesterday. Wish I would have went with Samardzija rather than Lester. He looked a lot like a young Jared Weaver. I'm going to drop a pitcher or 2 in the first couple months....he has to top the list if he continues to perform at that level.

LOL, now that's funny. I haven't looked at any of the rookie league teams yet. Lester is off to a good start for me @ Yankee Stadium. Of course that Yankee lineup may be the worst ever.

Watching that game, I was reminded of the mid to late 60's Yanks. This temporary replacement team is close, but not quite as bad as they were.

Well, Price wasn't sharp today, but he managed to leave the game with a lead....and TB's pen just blew it for him (and me).

Same here.

Really interesting breakdown of players so far....everyone seems to have Harper, Heyward, and Trout. Some low numbers on some of the bigger names. I was expecting more people to have Braun, even with his price tag. It looks like most of the teams spent their money on pitching....I see a lot of teams have Kershaw, Verlander, and Price...

Back